Capanther tournaments

Capanther

3 hours ago, Capanther said:

I have been busy....im going to try and play super bowl tonight finally.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh I was hoping you’d have the epic result!

Ah well, I hope you’re having a blast and it’s fitting of a championship game!

Do you have a mini Vince Lombardi trophy?  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WeeVikes said:

Aaaaaaahhhhhh I was hoping you’d have the epic result!

Ah well, I hope you’re having a blast and it’s fitting of a championship game!

Do you have a mini Vince Lombardi trophy?  

I used to but i dont know what happened to it...the game is over ill post a little story and 4 pictures and 4 videos now.

Super Bowl 33 champions are the NY JETS with their 14 to 7 win over the packers. This was the jets 4th super bowl victory and they now tie the los angeles rams for the most c_a_panther sb victories. Jim taylor of the packers scored the first touchdown . Then joe namath found emerson boozer on a long pas play to tie the game at 7 at the half. A namath to don maynard pass set the jets up early in the 4th qt that led to a matt snell touchdown. I have included 4 pictures. I will try to add a few videos after this post. I hope you enjoy it....ive played about 50 games in the last 3 months so ill probably take a little break ....i hope everyone has been enjoying the games and pictures.

20200828_001241~2.jpg

20200827_232614~3.jpg

20200827_233210~2.jpg

20200827_235907~2.jpg

• Like 3

Now that im in another off season i thought id start another collection pictures ....all my teams are original tudor 1969 hogleg teams from the factory. The only team that isnt a tudor original of all my teams is the spear helmet dark washington team. They are painted on original hogleg figures. My collection consists of the 26 nfl teams when the AFL and NFL merged after the 1969 season. This first set of pictures are for the 13 NFC. I will do the AFC hopefully tomorrow....i am very proud of my collection. It has taken about 10 years to put together again.....i grouped the eagles and washington team in one picture because i have a variation for each ( custom spear redskins and original green helmet set ) ....i put the cowboys...cardinals and giants in another pic to finish the 5 team eastern conference....then the central with lions..packers...bears and vikings....then the west with rams..49ers..saints and falcons.

20200828_215819~2.jpg

20200828_215808~2.jpg

20200828_221032~2.jpg

20200828_221112~2.jpg

20200828_223210~2.jpg

20200828_223202~2.jpg

20200828_224952~2.jpg

20200828_224941~2.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Charles Angell, thanks for posting the pics!!! Always loved your league and collection of teams. 

Thank you....its a great hobby and i always try to continue to share the history of this game. I have met many good people because of electric football.

• Like 1

Next up is the AFC EAST....there is a lot of tudor history in these....in 1967 tudor started the NFL and AFL TEAMS we could purchase. The first teams known as BIGMEN could be purchased in dark and white for the then 16 NFL teams but the AFL only came in dark jerseys....even the first run of what we call 1969 hoglegs only came in dark except for the jets because they had shocked the world with their super bowl 3 win. The later runs of hoglegs started coming out with white jerseys for tje other teams. Yet there were 3 teams from the america eastern conference that were not produced in dark jerseys for hoglegs...( dolphins..bills and patriots ) these teams in dark are a combination of a couple hoglegs and the majority being chickenlegs.....my dolphins have 4 hoglegs and 7 chicken legs....my bills have 2 hoglegs...my patriots have no hoglegs...and to this day i have found no patriot teams with any hogleg players in dark.....discussions with my collector friends is we have determined that tudor was so overstocked with bigmen dolphins...patriots and bills that they were never made as complete sets in dark and that makes sense to me. ( those 3 teams were so bad in the late 60s we just feel like kids never ordered them ).....the pictures in this post include the jets...which i have the first run one shoulder stripe sets and the later run 3 stripe sets.....the other AFC EAST teams were the colts...patriots...bills and dolphins.

20200829_134622~2.jpg

20200829_134906~2.jpg

20200829_140606~2.jpg

20200829_140618~2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickLM30 said:

Charlie,  Thanks for sharing the pics.  It is really amazing to see all the old teams arrayed like that.  You should be very proud of your collection.  It must have taken years and great effort to amass such a collection.  Really great!

Thanks...i still need to put on the afc central and afc west...yes...it takes a lot of time to get the whole collection....it took me 20 years to find my white jersey yellow helmet redskins team....there are still a few variations i didnt keep that i had like black helmet saints and a couple more ...at one time i had all the original bigmen and just about all of the original hoglegs.....but i decided to keep the hogs because you can have the AFL in white as well as dark....i know guys who have collections that would make mine look very small...but i am happy with it now for the first time in a long time.

• Like 2

The AFC WEST and AFC CENTRAL....the central had 2 of the old NFL teams in it to create natural rivalries between the browns...steelers and bengals...the oilers had floated between the east and west in the old AFL made the 4th team.....the AFC WEST was the only conference that featured all 4 teams from the old AFL with no crossovers ...the raiders...chiefs...broncos and chargers.

20200829_224545~2.jpg

20200829_224647~2.jpg

20200829_230344~2.jpg

20200829_230358~2.jpg

• Like 2

When i play my league games it will always feature these teams..i have kept 4 game boards that i consider to have historical value....the big grass endzone ( browns / giants game )  that was the the first big board tudor made with the NFL TEAMS.....the super bowl III ( jets /colts ) the first super bowl that tudor produced...  The gold endzone ( browns / jets ) ...the first monday night football game and the first week of the new merger alignment......and finally the last big super bowl 620 size game tudor made ( raiders / vikings ) ....with those 4 boards i feel i cover the HISTORY PRETTY GOOD..time to take a little break....but if i can ever help anyone with questions about the old teams and games you guys see on ebay or run across feel free to ask....ill be glad to help anyway i can.....ITS A GREAT HOBBY WE ALL SHARE.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Capanther said:

Next up is the AFC EAST....there is a lot of tudor history in these....in 1967 tudor started the NFL and AFL TEAMS we could purchase. The first teams known as BIGMEN could be purchased in dark and white for the then 16 NFL teams but the AFL only came in dark jerseys....even the first run of what we call 1969 hoglegs only came in dark except for the jets because they had shocked the world with their super bowl 3 win. The later runs of hoglegs started coming out with white jerseys for tje other teams. Yet there were 3 teams from the america eastern conference that were not produced in dark jerseys for hoglegs...( dolphins..bills and patriots ) these teams in dark are a combination of a couple hoglegs and the majority being chickenlegs.....my dolphins have 4 hoglegs and 7 chicken legs....my bills have 2 hoglegs...my patriots have no hoglegs...and to this day i have found no patriot teams with any hogleg players in dark.....discussions with my collector friends is we have determined that tudor was so overstocked with bigmen dolphins...patriots and bills that they were never made as complete sets in dark and that makes sense to me. ( those 3 teams were so bad in the late 60s we just feel like kids never ordered them ).....the pictures in this post include the jets...which i have the first run one shoulder stripe sets and the later run 3 stripe sets.....the other AFC EAST teams were the colts...patriots...bills and dolphins.

20200829_134622~2.jpg

20200829_134906~2.jpg

20200829_140606~2.jpg

20200829_140618~2.jpg

Charlie thank you so much for the history lesson that was absolutely fascinating and I love the teams. Following your tournament is great!

• Like 3

On 8/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, Capanther said:

20200829_134622~2.jpg

20200829_134906~2.jpg

20200829_140606~2.jpg

20200829_140618~2.jpg

Incredible collection Charlie--I have enjoyed all of your history and dedication to this amazing hobby!  

• Like 3