Dogfish Head and Tudor Games Electric Football World Championships

Overview
Dogfish Head Brewing and Tudor Games are excited to welcome you to watch or play Electric Football at the beautiful Dogfish Head Tasting Room and Kitchen in Milton, DE with friends old and new. Whether you are playing or watching, we truly hope you enjoy the experience! To play in the tournament, you must register by sending an email to info@tudorgames.com. Entry into the tournament is free and it's free to attend. The number of coaches that can play is limited, and coaches will be added on a first-come, first-served basis. Depending upon the number of coaches, we may be able to add additional coaches if drops occur prior to the tournament.

When
Friday February 3, Saturday February 4, Sunday February 5, 2023
Please note that the dates are firm, but times are subject to slight changes.

Friday

• Pre-Season practice and Tailgate Party
  • Coaches Only: Check-in and game play training happens on Friday between the hours of noon and 6:00 pm
  • A Welcome and Tailgate Party will be held from 7:00pm to 9:00pm

Saturday

• Division Play and beginning of Post-Season Play
  • Games begin at 8:00am and proceed throughout the day and evening
  • The Post-Season begins at 6:00pm and ends at 9:30pm, time and local regulations permitting

Sunday

• Final Rounds and Tournament Championship
  • Post-Season Play resumes at 8:00am ends with the Tournament Championship Game
  • Sunday play is intended to last until 1pm, so please plan accordingly if you are coming to watch!
  • Most of the action will happen in the morning, with the Championship planned to begin in the late morning to early afternoon.

Where
Dogfish Head’s Tasting Room and Kitchen
6 Cannery Village Center
Milton, DE 19968
Call 1-888-8dogfish
For GPS purposes, please use 511 Chestnut St., Milton, DE 19968

Where to Stay
There are many hotels and inns in the area to choose from!
Free parking is provided at the event.

Brief Rules Overview

• TOEPRO Rules will be used for this tournament.
  • Coaches will be assigned to Divisions by random drawing. The tournament is structured to allow you to play every coach in your Division at least once.
  • Each Player is matched to one Base and must remain so throughout the tournament.
  • Switching or bringing new Player/Base combinations into the tournament's subsequent rounds will result in forfeiture of all games (prior and future).
  • Play will take place on Tudor Games 2 foot x 4 foot Dogfish Head Ultimate Games.
  • Only Tudor Games branded products can be used in this tournament, with the exception of Third and Long footballs.
  • No weight may be added to players - thin tape may be used to secure the Player to the Base, if desired.
  • Standard Haiti Repro size players, Uni-Forms on Haiti Repro players, and older Haiti and Hog Legs players are allowed.
  • No 67 Big Men or other figures may be used in this tournament.
  • The maximum number of player figures on your team is 48.
  • The Coach's packet contains all information needed regarding the rules for this event.
  • Rules questions? Contact our Tournament Director listed in the Packet - available to download from the site.

A subset of accessories and supplies will be available for sale at the Tudor Store on-site at the tournament.
See our Website for more information!

• Like 2

What an amazing weekend! Thanks to everyone in the Electric Football community who made it out. It turned out to be an unforgettable experience and one we will be excited to repeat next year... only BIGGER and BETTER! Congratulations to Jim "The Hulk" Davis for his victory in the first Dogfish Head Electric Football World Championships and thank you to all of the fantastic coaches who participated. See you next year!

Photo_DFH_ElectricFootballGameChampionship_2023_04.jpg

Photo_DFH_ElectricFootballGameChampionship_2023_17.jpg

Photo_DFH_ElectricFootballGameChampionship_2023_15.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

• Like 4

Great meeting you all!  Thanks for wristbands on Friday Wyatt! Came back and got a nice stack of Uni-forms and watched on Saturday.  Hope to see you all again next year, maybe even play.  I'm ready for the Uni-Form application contest too.  Now let's get some old school Rams and some Washingtons other than Commanders, plenty to choose from there!

• Like 4

GREAT EVENT!!! Well worth the 15 hour drive both ways with Jim "Hulk" Davis and Jimbo. On the way there we laughed and joke saying wouldn't it be funny if we all reached the final four....and we did. I truly enjoyed the atmosphere. The Dogfish Head crew was AMAZING!!! Doug and Wyatt held everything down tackling each challenge. The boards are SWEET!!! If you don't own an ultimate board you're missing out. 

Kit asked me to do the play-by-play last minute and I said why now LOL Next year I will be prepared 🙂 

Look forward to meeting new coaches, perfecting TOEPRO rules and having a GREAT EF Year. #3rdnLongFootballs 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BlueHen said:

So, I guess it's official that Dogfish Head isn't hosting a tournament this year? Or will it be later in the year? 🤔

Obviously not taking place the same time, it did last year, because that should have been last weekend. I really do not know. but the contract with them was between them and Doug / Tudor Games. Don't think that transferred to Bryan /Tudor games. Bryan has alluded to there being more tournaments in the near future. but no other plans beyond Tudor-Con 2024 that I know of yet. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Obviously not taking place the same time, it did last year, because that should have been last weekend. I really do not know. but the contract with them was between them and Doug / Tudor Games. Don't think that transferred to Bryan /Tudor games. Bryan has alluded to there being more tournaments in the near future. but no other plans beyond Tudor-Con 2024 that I know of yet. 

That's a bummer. The place is only about a half hour drive for me, so I was looking forward to possibly going and watching and picking up some hints/pointers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Did you go last year??

No, I didn't even realize EF still existed a year ago, LOL. It wasn't until around June when I came across a video on YT and I was like: "OMG, they still have this?!? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlueHen said:

No, I didn't even realize EF still existed a year ago, LOL. It wasn't until around June when I came across a video on YT and I was like: "OMG, they still have this?!? 

Nice!! Well glad to see you found the game and hobby again!! Enjoy!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nefgm.org said:

Nice!! Well glad to see you found the game and hobby again!! Enjoy!!

TBH, I've never even played 1 game as of now, LOL.

My Dad had a game from the 60's and I discovered it when I was like 8 or so. Unfortunately, the motor stopped working, so I remember tapping on the surface to create a vibration so the figures would move. After awhile though, that became too much so I gave up. However, I didn't give up daydreaming about it for years afterwards and I used to pretend which two college teams I would get if say, we got a new one and we were able to pick the teams...

Eventually, I kind of forgot about the idea, so I guess I moved on. Then like I say, I saw some video last June and started doing some research with more videos and I ordered the game in July only to discover Tudor had just changed owners, LOL. My journey so far has consisted largely of trying to find the right people to tweak the bases since I'm still largely unable to, and also paint the figures. It's been 7 months since I ordered the game, and it still isn't ready. It's getting close as Mr. Nutt is currently tweaking some CL-2's, so hopefully I'll be able to give it ago by the end of this month. 🙏

Edited by BlueHen
  • Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 8:12 AM, BlueHen said:

Mr. Nutt is currently tweaking some CL-2's

Excellent start! 😃👍

so I remember tapping on the surface to create a vibration so the figures would move.

I have a similar memory.  Great story!

Enjoy the Journey    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember tapping on my field after my motor died.  I had played on that board for years, and I guess the motor finally got tired and quit (I was playing almost every day after school, football, and track practice and all through the summer).  I was tapping for a couple years until my parents felt sorry for me and bought me a new game. 🙂

• Like 2

My Dad had a game from the 60's and I discovered it when I was like 8 or so. Unfortunately, the motor stopped working, so I remember tapping on the surface to create a vibration so the figures would move.

Loved your story.  This is a great hobby, welcome. 

As a young kid my switch stopped working for my field.   I was devastated. 
But one day I was in the store with my mom and noticed that they sold switches.  It had never occurred to me before that I could repair my EF field.

I talked mom into buying the switch and by myself wired it into the EF cord.   Pugged it in, flipped the switch and it worked!!  (Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!).  
I was back in business!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RickLM30 said:

Yeah, I remember tapping on my field after my motor died.  I had played on that board for years, and I guess the motor finally got tired and quit (I was playing almost every day after school, football, and track practice and all through the summer).  I was tapping for a couple years until my parents felt sorry for me and bought me a new game. 🙂

That's Awesome. They probably either were rewarding your persistence, determination and diligence, or were just getting sick and tired of the sound of the tapping.😂

J/K. It's good to know I wasn't alone, lol. Thanks for sharing...

3 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

Loved your story.  This is a great hobby, welcome. 

As a young kid my switch stopped working for my field.   I was devastated. 
But one day I was in the store with my mom and noticed that they sold switches.  It had never occurred to me before that I could repair my EF field.

I talked mom into buying the switch and by myself wired it into the EF cord.   Pugged it in, flipped the switch and it worked!!  (Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!).  
I was back in business!

Thanks Coach. You're obviously blessed with a good mind to be able to do something like that at such a young age. I think I'll avoid playing against you in any potential tournaments on account that your strategy would leave me wondering where the ball carrier came from and where he's going, 🤯

I wish I had found this hobby sooner, as it reminds me a little bit of chess/checkers (with a slight twist, LOL). Video games aren't really an option for me, so it just seems like a nice way to unwind and enjoy using your mind in a relaxing way, and hopefully a little human interaction and fellowship as well. 👍

• Like 1