Tudor Master Series Paints

MHX

Hello I start this topic to exchange the experience from the Tudor Master Series Paints. I hope that everyone who used this paints could contribute.

I'm going to make a Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII team so I bought the Brilliant Blue and Pale Green as recommanded on Tudors website. The Pale Green looks really good in my opinion but the Brilliant Blue is a little to bright. This is also recommanded for the Patriots and Broncos. Have someone made one of those teams and used that paint? I probably paint over with Ritterlich Blue which was recommanded for the Bears and Texans but as of late they changed those teams to Void Blue. So I'm confused and want to know other opinions.

Here is a picture of my painted Mike Rob figure.

20210121_165548.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks that's one of the better painted figures. I already painted the whole team but now I have to go over the pants and helmets again. I decided to paint it Ritterlich Blue. Void blue looks a little bit darker that would be better for a Bears or Texans team. And I found out that the old handpainted teams Tudor says what similar colors were used and for the Patriots, Chargers, Seahawks...it's Ritterlich Blue.

@NO Dave: no I made the towel out of Green Stuff. It's great to make accessories or customizing figures. I used it alot on this team. Towels, Handwarmers and Hair. 

• Like 1

So I finally got my hands on the Ritterlich Blue and painted the first figure. I think that's just right for my Seahawks team.

On the left is Ritterlich Blue and on the right is Brilliant Blue. Now I have to paint the rest of the team and try myself in decals for the first time. Have somebody experience in making his own decals?

20210202_175004.jpg

I have done it before. Getting Size right is the main thing. Test print on plain paper using grayscale first. to get size. Best to use white decal paper and have a background color that matches paint color as close as possible.  Change printer settings to photo to get best colors. 

17 hours ago, TUDOR - Doug said:

Use our decals, they are remarkable and all individually release from the paper.  No trimming. 

https://tudorgames.com/customs/customize-figures/nfl-waterslide-decals.html

I tried to order them and also a Field Cover but I can't because I'm from Germany and I get this Message 

Screenshot_20210218-182243_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MHX
Typo

So I decided to make my own and because I wanna make Super Bowl specific teams I can make Super Bowl patches, Nike Logos, the bumpers, Flag and Super Bowl sticker on the helmet as well as gloves and shoes individual for every player.

I decaled up my very first figure, it isn't perfect but for my first experience with decals I think it's quite nice. I still need zu reconstructer my shoe decals they didn't fit. Now I have to paint over the edges of my decals to make them look cleaner, add chinstrap als facemask and seal it with a matt coat I hope that I can get rid of the sheen that way.

20210206_151808.jpg

20210206_151604.jpg

20210206_151632.jpg

20210206_151527.jpg

3 minutes ago, TUDOR - Doug said:

Nice Job!! Helps that it's my favorite team!

Go Hawks!

Thanks. It's my favorite team aswell.

Is there a chance that Tudor get some other facemask sheets? I don't need all the classic facemasks for now so I would love to have some modern variations and most of all a full sheet with modern ones.

• Like 2

To MHX, re: international shipping to Germany.

Do you live near any US military installations or have friends who are US service members? If so, there may be a few who share your enthusiasm for Tudor Games Electric Football products and possibly willing to receive items shipped to you in their care.  They receive mail and packages from the US and other countries regularly, so maybe they could help you.  Good luck!

To MHX, re: international shipping to Germany.

Do you live near any US military installations or have friends who are US service members? If so, there may be a few who share your enthusiasm for Tudor Games Electric Football products and possibly willing to receive items shipped to you in their care.  They receive mail and packages from the US and other countries regularly, so maybe they could help you.  Good luck!

• Like 1