My Attempts at Painting

Ok, first we have throwback Patriots. Couldn’t paint helmet logo well enough. 
Then there’s the Bears. Boo. 
Packers in the new poses. 
Giants—first team I painted. Figures are from an 80s game with the darker green bases, and they are more slanted over than the usual. 
Vikings. Grown men wearing purple. Nuff said. 
Buzzball Packers in ‘94 throwbacks. 
Players from an old set painted as throwback packers. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Really nice.  Especially like the Packers!  I've been a Packers fan since they lost to the Eagles in the Championship game in 1960.  My brother (11 years younger) went to the dark side and is a Vikings fan.  I like to ask him how many Super Bowls the Vikings have won in how many tries! 🤣 The old, old figures really look good.  I had those with my first football set, but sadly it got lost in a move when I was a kid.  😢

Edited by RickLM30
  • Like 3

I was born in ‘68, and my older brother and his friends were packers fans (though we lived in Jersey), so I went along. 

I will say my first real NFL memory is the ‘72 Dolphins, which almost made me switch. 
Being out of market and not a very good team, it was not very often I got to see them on TV. Then I moved to Indiana in ‘92, and the Colts were always blacked out so I saw a lot of NFC Central games. I was worried when the Majik Man went down, but his backup proved to be a pretty decent QB.....

• Like 3

Rick—I am about to paint a fab-5 team (came with my ultimate field). I only use these figures in my league, since I don’t want a perceived advantage if I’m using mean-13 or buzzball guys and the other coaches all have fab-5. 

Which Packers uni should I paint?  Thinking the Curly Lambeau one (navy with gold shoulders, pants, and helmet). Not the 1994 throwbacks but just like the originals. 

There are other interesting options, like the 60s away uniform, or even the white throwbacks they wore against the bears on Halloween in 1994 (remember Reuttgers with the jack o lantern on the back of his helmet??). 

• Like 3

Love the Packers, I had the opportunity to work at Lambeau Field in 2014 on the remodel of the Packers Hall of Fame. Toured the Stadium while I was there. Spent all summer there from mid May to mid August and then several more trips back for repairs and updates.  It was awesome. Trying to find pics but most were on a phone I don't have anymore. Oh well. Still have the hard hat I had to wear with the Safety Class Stickers on it.  

• Like 2

Reuttgers' Jack O'Lantern helmet was hilarious.  I had forgotten about it until I saw the pic.  I like the Curly Lambeau one, or the 60s away uniform, or the 60s home uniform or any uniform a Packer is wearing.  Except for leaving the blue and gold and going with green and gold, their uniforms haven't changed a whole lot.  Just another reason I like the Packers.😊 I've been to Lambeau a few times when I was in Green Bay for work back in the '80s and 90s. but haven't been there since they re-did the whole stadium.  It's on my to do list if Covid ever goes away. 😒

• Like 2

I’ve only Been to Lambeau twice—first time the summer after the XXXII loss to Denver, when the HoF was still by the practice field.  Got to watch practice that day as well  

Went back three summers ago to see the new atrium and HoF.  They did a nice job with the whole thing.

Seen them play twice—once in Buffalo with Favre (early 2000s), and last Thanksgiving against the Giants.  Need to see them in Green Bay, though.

Back to the painting of the new team, I am leaning toward the old navy/gold uniforms—I found a bottle of Model Masters insignia blue. Love painting the guys, but hate the platform. Going to try to spray that, I think. 

• Like 1