Number of Drives Per Game

Paul Kian

Reading about everyone's injury play style brought back a memory of what I think is the most bizarre play I have ever seen in over 50 years of playing EF. I had a running back who had a huge opening in front of him as the line had made a big hole for him. Just as he was bursting through, he suddenly stopped going forward and started turning in a very tight circle. My first thought was that there was a piece of lint or something on the board that got caught in the prongs. I stopped the board and picked him up to inspect his base, when I discovered that both prongs on his right front corner were missing!. I looked around and eventually found them under a couple of linemen. This is the only time I have literally seen an electric football player break his 'leg' during a play. I still have no idea what happened to him as I usually don't tweak the prongs very much, if at all, so it's not like I over tweaked them to the point where they broke. And having BOTH break off at the same time was truly strange.

Edited by Ravenna Al
  • Like 2

Wow Al, I guess that's how you make a magnet base the hard way. 😆

That is my worst fear when it comes to bases. I dread tweaking, mostly because I'm pretty clumsy with hand tools (I blame it on being the only left-handed guy in my family) and can visualize myself snapping off 200+ sets of tines. 😆

• Like 1

All good information as I am starting another season myself.  I want to find a few guys in the Georgia area to start our own little league.  I have 6 teams of offense and defense players. Playing alone I use 15 plays each quarter.  Additionally, I use the 67 big men for all my teams.  Anyone in the Ga. area interested in a league, let me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike W. said:

All good information as I am starting another season myself.  I want to find a few guys in the Georgia area to start our own little league.  I have 6 teams of offense and defense players. Playing alone I use 15 plays each quarter.  Additionally, I use the 67 big men for all my teams.  Anyone in the Ga. area interested in a league, let me know.

What area of Georgia are you in? The Deep South Miniature Football League plays in Cartersville, GA I believe. 

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 1