Need more sets of eyes

Greg F

My tackle rules are touch unless a runner goes side to side with a totally engaged tackler.  I could have chosen to stop clock for forward progress, but I can let it go a few seconds unless it’s absurd.  Obviously, you put the runner highly at risk of getting him hit from behind and fumbling if you let the play go, but this was the end of the half.  

When I zoom it in, I don’t see the runner touching #21 of the Chiefs because of his rounded front.  At one point, #23 of the Packer’s shoulder gets in the way, so no conclusive evidence there.  When #11 turns back up field, #21 is fully engaged as #11 slides by him.

If you have time to watch, let me know what you see.  

Thanks!

Greg

• Like 2

Sorry, I play any touch tackle and if there is a discrepancy about the call, the decision goes to whatever would benefit the home team the most for a bit of home field advantage. Not sure if this helps or not. Blessings, Curt 🙂 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Sorry, I play any touch tackle and if there is a discrepancy about the call, the decision goes to whatever would benefit the home team the most for a bit of home field advantage. Not sure if this helps or not. Blessings, Curt 🙂 

I decided this year to allow a player to keep running if the runner is sliding by the defensive player (if it’s just their sides touching) with the D player FULLY engaged in a block.   Fully is defined as the entire length of the front of the bases touching,  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

That one is close! Could go either way, but like Zak said, it "is not" based on your rules. The rules are the rules! I would lean toward tackled though.

I didn’t realize that the video couldn’t be zoomed in on this forum.  It’s very close.  I believe the curved front kept it from touching.  I even made my wife watch it!  😂😂😂

• Like 3

As usual, I am the odd ball here.  My solitaire rules say a touch by any part of a defender's base is a tackle, so no TD if you were using my rules.  It's based on the view that ball carriers do sometimes get "tackled" by a defender being blocked into them or falling back into the ball carrier.  Just my personal preference.  However, by your rules, my wife and I both agree it was a TD, as there was not enough evidence in the replay to over rule the call on the field.  😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A lot of good observations already but here is my two cents.  
I believe the Kick returner was hung up on his blockers elbow and not the tackler’s base.   As soon as he slips off that elbow he takes off skimming along the tackler base but in your rules that is not a tackle.  So I say TD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:27 PM, RickLM30 said:

As usual, I am the odd ball here.  My solitaire rules say a touch by any part of a defender's base is a tackle, so no TD if you were using my rules.  It's based on the view that ball carriers do sometimes get "tackled" by a defender being blocked into them or falling back into the ball carrier.  Just my personal preference.  However, by your rules, my wife and I both agree it was a TD, as there was not enough evidence in the replay to over rule the call on the field.  😁

I had always done strictly touch til this season.  Got tired of RBs busting it up the middle for long gains because they skimmed by the “fully” engaged defender.  The defender can’t be “partially engaged”.  Front of the bases have to be completely covered 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Greg F said:

Got tired of RBs busting it up the middle for long gains

I never get tired of RBs busting it up the middle for long gains. It's like a little piece of Heaven on Earth. 😇

Enjoy the Journey   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Terry43 said:

I never get tired of RBs busting it up the middle for long gains. It's like a little piece of Heaven on Earth. 😇

Enjoy the Journey   T43.   🏈♾️

Oops.  I meant that I got tired of those plays being called tackles because they were just being skimmed.  I love the long runs up the middle!

• Like 3