Photos from Curt

Good Evening Ladies and Gentle dudes! And thank you Chris for helping get out what I hope ya'll enjoy are way long overdue pics. Apologies for any repetition but I had this narrative prepared:

Ladies and Gentle-dudes,

It's been awhile since posting but being sick these past weeks has caused huge delays in many things like settling the house from our summer move [a huge and complete horror story] and catching up season 19. Well, season 19 is now finally over. My Detroiy Lions whooped my Houston Oilers 30-0. Close games are great but blowouts have their own appeal too. Now it is finally time to start season 20. 
New space for my Ultimate sized game has afforded me much joy so season 20 should be a hoot. 🙂 However, here's something I thought ya'll might like. You may know technology does not treat me well. With help from my wife taking pictures which are long overdue, I thought ya'll might enjoy these.  
Foe those who are familiar with previous posts, here are my 33 teams. The back section has the Arizona Cardinals through the Kansas City Chiefs, which also includes the Houston Oilers. 
The middle section has the retro Los Angeles Rams through the Washington Redskins. [I like the Commanders name but the Indian head helmet decal is just way too cool to paint over. Also, my wife's family heritage is full blooded Cherokee so the name and logo stay]. Apologies to any whose feathers that may have been ruffled. Now then, the front row which include painting difficulties and possible solutions. These show the helmet logos and stripes that are due "honorable" mention. Hopefully, all the logos and stripes are clear enough. 
First are the Baltimore Ravens. The pre-painted home jerseys have a very faint yet perfectly detailed raven on the helmet. It's the away jersey team I want to mention. for whatever reason, instead of matching raven decals, they came with a gold triangle sticker that looked like anything but a raven. Nested dots matching the raven emblem colors was the plan. It took large gold dots to cover the stickers but that gold dot looked kind of classy against the black helmet so that is where it stopped, no other colors were needed. On to Dallas.
Cowboy blue jerseyed players came with blue star helmet stickers which look sharp. White jersey players were hand painted. Although bigger than the stickers, a straight line leaving room for stripes but starting near the top of the helmet comes down to the middle of the helmet. Small diagonal lines fron the bottom of the vertical line: up away to the left, and down away to the left, up away to the right, and down away to the right complete the star. It suffices for me. There seemed to be no mention of difficult helmet logos in previous posts but there were plenty about stripes. 
Those who need 7 stripes are too difficult. Those with 5 stripes are hard. San Francicso's red-white-red-white-red socks might be visible but if not, Denver's retro orange-blue-white-blue-orange hopefully are. On to more painting difficulties.
Retro New England Patriot helmets started with 2/3 of a blue triangle starting at the bottom left corner coming up to the middle while allowing room for stripes then going down to the bottom right corner of the helmet. Three red dots are placed in the middle connection and the end of each line. This is as close to a crouching patriot as possible. It works for me. 🙂
Next are difficult paint colors such as Miami or Jacksonville so those were ordered. Retro Tampa Bay colors were easier. Testor Enamels using 5 drops of bright yellow mixed with 1 drop of bright orange to create a satisfactory creamsicle color works.
Tennessee Titans have nested dots with a small tail to come as close as possible to their helmet logos but that is good enough. Last, there was talk of a mailing league or something like that. 
Not wanting to send away any of the NFL teams, a fantasy team has been created. A local Dallas college has a green and yellow team called the Thunderducks. That is so awesome a name. While San Francisco and Detroit are my 2 favorite NFL teams, I like the black and silver combination so that is how they were painted, home and away with small accents of red. Now older, eyesight is getting a little less accurate. 7 stripes were never possible. 5 stripes are now too fifficult. 3 stripes are hard but still possible making their uniforms a little simpler than desired. But, The Texas Thunderducks will be ready to play if joining some kind of fantasy league becomes possible.
I hope these pictures were clear enough and that you enjoyed them. Sorry they were so late but without my wife, they would still be non-existent. Apologies for the long post too. Blessings, Curt

First pic - Including in alphabetical order, all 33 professional NFL teams [with the Houston Oilers] and my Texas Thunderducks.

Second pic -All teams from the other side of the Ultimate gameboard. And you see the Samsonite briefcase everything fits in.

Third pic- All the painting difficulties I was able to address that I shared comments on plus my Texas Thunderducks.

Last pic - A few examples of helmet logos that were difficult but do-able and the results in creating the creamsicle bucs.

BLESSINGS TO ALL -Have a rocking year with your EF leagues. Thanks again Chris. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome narrative!! More than welcome to help you with getting them posted. Will be glad to help you with anymore that you would like to post. ...Just flat out amazing! 

Most appreciated but it would involve the same process starting with Dione taking pics then e-mailing them to Chris etc. Unless somehow I can get pictures/PDF's to download to my Desktop. My flip-phone and computer don't like me. 🙂 These pictures hopefully covered all the subjects I posted comments on in the past. If something comes up that would warrant following this same procedure, then it will be done.

This is sort of like trying to do long division with Roman numerals. It's not that it can't be done but rather just the wrong way to do it. 🙂 Blessings, Curt

• Like 3

On 1/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, Curt said:

Good Evening Ladies and Gentle dudes! And thank you Chris for helping get out what I hope ya'll enjoy are way long overdue pics. Apologies for any repetition but I had this narrative prepared:

Ladies and Gentle-dudes,

It's been awhile since posting but being sick these past weeks has caused huge delays in many things like settling the house from our summer move [a huge and complete horror story] and catching up season 19. Well, season 19 is now finally over. My Detroiy Lions whooped my Houston Oilers 30-0. Close games are great but blowouts have their own appeal too. Now it is finally time to start season 20. 
New space for my Ultimate sized game has afforded me much joy so season 20 should be a hoot. 🙂 However, here's something I thought ya'll might like. You may know technology does not treat me well. With help from my wife taking pictures which are long overdue, I thought ya'll might enjoy these.  
Foe those who are familiar with previous posts, here are my 33 teams. The back section has the Arizona Cardinals through the Kansas City Chiefs, which also includes the Houston Oilers. 
The middle section has the retro Los Angeles Rams through the Washington Redskins. [I like the Commanders name but the Indian head helmet decal is just way too cool to paint over. Also, my wife's family heritage is full blooded Cherokee so the name and logo stay]. Apologies to any whose feathers that may have been ruffled. Now then, the front row which include painting difficulties and possible solutions. These show the helmet logos and stripes that are due "honorable" mention. Hopefully, all the logos and stripes are clear enough. 
First are the Baltimore Ravens. The pre-painted home jerseys have a very faint yet perfectly detailed raven on the helmet. It's the away jersey team I want to mention. for whatever reason, instead of matching raven decals, they came with a gold triangle sticker that looked like anything but a raven. Nested dots matching the raven emblem colors was the plan. It took large gold dots to cover the stickers but that gold dot looked kind of classy against the black helmet so that is where it stopped, no other colors were needed. On to Dallas.
Cowboy blue jerseyed players came with blue star helmet stickers which look sharp. White jersey players were hand painted. Although bigger than the stickers, a straight line leaving room for stripes but starting near the top of the helmet comes down to the middle of the helmet. Small diagonal lines fron the bottom of the vertical line: up away to the left, and down away to the left, up away to the right, and down away to the right complete the star. It suffices for me. There seemed to be no mention of difficult helmet logos in previous posts but there were plenty about stripes. 
Those who need 7 stripes are too difficult. Those with 5 stripes are hard. San Francicso's red-white-red-white-red socks might be visible but if not, Denver's retro orange-blue-white-blue-orange hopefully are. On to more painting difficulties.
Retro New England Patriot helmets started with 2/3 of a blue triangle starting at the bottom left corner coming up to the middle while allowing room for stripes then going down to the bottom right corner of the helmet. Three red dots are placed in the middle connection and the end of each line. This is as close to a crouching patriot as possible. It works for me. 🙂
Next are difficult paint colors such as Miami or Jacksonville so those were ordered. Retro Tampa Bay colors were easier. Testor Enamels using 5 drops of bright yellow mixed with 1 drop of bright orange to create a satisfactory creamsicle color works.
Tennessee Titans have nested dots with a small tail to come as close as possible to their helmet logos but that is good enough. Last, there was talk of a mailing league or something like that. 
Not wanting to send away any of the NFL teams, a fantasy team has been created. A local Dallas college has a green and yellow team called the Thunderducks. That is so awesome a name. While San Francisco and Detroit are my 2 favorite NFL teams, I like the black and silver combination so that is how they were painted, home and away with small accents of red. Now older, eyesight is getting a little less accurate. 7 stripes were never possible. 5 stripes are now too fifficult. 3 stripes are hard but still possible making their uniforms a little simpler than desired. But, The Texas Thunderducks will be ready to play if joining some kind of fantasy league becomes possible.
I hope these pictures were clear enough and that you enjoyed them. Sorry they were so late but without my wife, they would still be non-existent. Apologies for the long post too. Blessings, Curt

First pic - Including in alphabetical order, all 33 professional NFL teams [with the Houston Oilers] and my Texas Thunderducks.

Second pic -All teams from the other side of the Ultimate gameboard. And you see the Samsonite briefcase everything fits in.

Third pic- All the painting difficulties I was able to address that I shared comments on plus my Texas Thunderducks.

Last pic - A few examples of helmet logos that were difficult but do-able and the results in creating the creamsicle bucs.

BLESSINGS TO ALL -Have a rocking year with your EF leagues. Thanks again Chris. 🙂

BEAUTIFUL CURT! LOVE IT!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I believe it took me 2 days to set that up and then another day for my wife to take the pictures while I created its narrative but y'all are worth it.

Blessings, Curt. 🙂 

• Like 1