ELECTRIC FOOTBALL OR FANTASY FOOTBALL

Commish44

ELECTRIC FOOTBALL or FANTASY FOOTBALL?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. During the NFL season, which hobby gets the majority of YOUR time? Or do you split time equally?

• Electric Football
    • Fantasy Football
    • Equal Split

Why not do both? It's been awhile, but for 4 years in a row I ran a Fantasy League combined with my solitaire league. I had 8-10 guys playing the Fantasy League while I played my solitaire league. I was able to play 2 games a week, sometimes more, kept all stats, awarded points to players, special teams and defenses similar to Yahoo's Fantasy Football. Guys had starters and bench players and e-mailed me when they wanted changes. I posted projected points and updated match ups as the weeks progressed and had a 4 man playoff with a champion crowned. It was a lot of work, but also fun. I learned a lot about my MF players in the process. For example, the Fairies running backs never were in the top of the league in rushing yards, but they were in the top tier for fantasy points due to lots of reception yards and touchdowns. That 70's Rams team won 3 Gumbo Bowls in a row, but their quarterback, Pat Haden, was never in the top half because the Rams ran the ball so well and the Rams receivers are mediocre at best. They won as a team, but their wide receivers, tight end and quarterback weren't very good fantasy players. And just like real life, sometimes players fell on their face and sucked and I got a ton of grief from guys who had benched a player only to see him go nuts and get 30+ fantasy points while the guy they substituted him with only got 8. But hey, that's the fun of Fantasy Football. If anyone would like to try it for themselves, just holler and I'll give you all the advice I can.

That was the ultimate fantasy league - fantasy football with fantasy teams! I enjoyed keeping up with your leagues on the old MFCA forum. I have never actually played fantasy football, but I have more electric football projects than I will ever finish, so that gets all of my time. Of course, electric football competes with playing and coaching soccer and catching trout year-round.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Troutbum said:

That was the ultimate fantasy league - fantasy football with fantasy teams! I enjoyed keeping up with your leagues on the old MFCA forum. I have never actually played fantasy football, but I have more electric football projects than I will ever finish, so that gets all of my time. Of course, electric football competes with playing and coaching soccer and catching trout year-round.

Definitely understand the competitions of life... slowing our fun time down 😂

I had to stop playing Fantasy Football.  It changed the way I enjoyed watching the game of football.  I started rooting for weird things.  For instance, I found myself wanting favorite teams to get behind in score so they would be compelled to throw more passes.  How lame.  I was no longer able to just enjoy watching my teams and instead had to hope for favorable situations that would be best for individual players.  I got tired of that and just wanted to simply enjoy watching a good game of football without all the peculiarity.   

• Like 2

Major,  that was the main reason I never got into Fantasy Football and stopped betting on football and basketball pools before Fantasy Football came into being.  It seemed weird to me to root against my favorite teams, which I would have to in order to win. I still like to root for the underdog, which some of my favorite teams have been off and on for many years. 🙂

• Like 1

The Major; 

it took over a decade before I learned to play Fantasy Football and enjoy a televised football game without being on edge (for fantasy purposes).

I’m hoping that jumping back into Electric Football (after about a 36 year hiatus) brings back the joy I had when I played it years ago.

So far; I’ve been maxed out with collecting Tudor NFL Teams and painting teams.... and I’m ... Enjoying It!!!

• Like 2