RATE THE NFL UNIFORM MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT FOR THE BEST UNI?

While they're not my favorite team, I always liked the Jaguars dark unis. Teal is criminally underused as a base color outside of Arena/Indoor Football Leagues, just like Aquamarine for that matter. Matched with the Jet Black helmets, it just screams butt-whooping time- despite what the actual onfield play has been lately. 😆

The Jags Logo is still kind of goofy looking though. I prefer the Panthers Logo, and not just because they're my local team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's the Packers for me - cuz they're tyhe Packers and I like the green and gold! 😊 Eagles would be my second choice, if they  were the old Kelly Green with the arm and shoulder stripes of the '60s. Just don't much care for Mrs. Lurie's Midnight Green uniforms. 

Edited by RickLM30
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Long island EFL said:

Paul I just watched that whole clip that was awesome I sort of remember that Vinny is one of our local hometown guys that's a great memory on your part

I always come back and rewatch that clip every time I think of the Jets. I have a soft spot for Kickers and Punters going above and beyond just using their legs. 😊

Edited by Paul Kian

I also don't mean it as some sort of knock either, as I like both of them. It's just always seemed to me that Namath and Testaverde had a very similar caliber of play. Gritty QBs that may not be the same level as Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning, but they could get the ball moving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Kian said:

I also don't mean it as some sort of knock either, as I like both of them. It's just always seemed to me that Namath and Testaverde had a very similar caliber of play. Gritty QBs that may not be the same level as Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning, but they could get the ball moving.

I understand and I don't know if you watch that documentary on Namath but it occurred to me that he wasn't just a football player in many ways he broke down the racial barriers of the NFL throughout his childhood actually. He's a pretty interesting cat

6 minutes ago, Paul Kian said:

I always come back and rewatch that clip every time I think of the Jets. I have a soft spot for Kickers and Punters going above and beyond just using their legs. 😊

I forgot about that because of your kicking ability and I know you know who Tom Dempsey is and I think he died last year but he did some amazing punting as well or I should say kicking not punting

Just now, Long island EFL said:

I understand and I don't know if you watch that documentary on Namath but it occurred to me that he wasn't just a football player in many ways he broke down the racial barriers of the NFL throughout his childhood actually. He's a pretty interesting cat

Yeah I think I watched it a little while ago on the NFL Network. He definitely did a lot of good work off the field, and I know that the boys from the Brady Bunch said he was one of the nicest guest stars they ever had.

4 minutes ago, Long island EFL said:

I forgot about that because of your kicking ability and I know you know who Tom Dempsey is and I think he died last year but he did some amazing punting as well or I should say kicking not punting

Yeah he died this Summer I think. I wish I could have met him, it's inspiring how he could kick with half a foot and missing most of his hand.

I actually had the privilege of being at the Carolina Panthers-NY Giants game a year or two ago, where Graham Gano tied Dempsey's 63yd (Non-Denver) field goal record. It'll always be a special memory. 😊

13 minutes ago, Paul Kian said:

Yeah he died this Summer I think. I wish I could have met him, it's inspiring how he could kick with half a foot and missing most of his hand.

I actually had the privilege of being at the Carolina Panthers-NY Giants game a year or two ago, where Graham Gano tied Dempsey's 63yd (Non-Denver) field goal record. It'll always be a special memory. 😊

I remember he tied the record that's incredible

12 hours ago, RickLM30 said:

It's the Packers for me - cuz they're tyhe Packers and I like the green and gold! 😊 Eagles would be my second choice, if they  were the old Kelly Green with the arm and shoulder stripes of the '60s. Just don't much care for Mrs. Lurie's Midnight Green uniforms. 

I like the Packers and the eagles as well that green and yellow the Packers really stands out 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul Kian said:

As I've said before, I'm pretty old.  As a result, I was able to see all these QBs play.  In my opinion, before Joe Willie's knees went he was in the same conversation with Montana, Favre, Brady, and Manning, which was the reason he got that outrageous contract to start his career.  Ability-wise, Testaverde wasn't even in the same room with Namath pre-injured knees.  It is a testament to Namath's toughness that he lasted in the league for 13 years! Again, just my opinion. 😊

• Like 1

Loved Joe Willie! He changed the game and players got the NFL to understand the marketing aspect of a player as well. It would be hard to argue there was a better place to earn that popularity other than New York City! It's off topic a little, but Testerverde was a Sewanaka HS kid.  Had potential, but didn't live up to it. Boomer Esiasion actually had a nice career, and he was a drive away from changing his course in history, but the great Montana prevailed! Legends are made! Esiason is another Long Island kid, one of the few who played in the NFL, from East Islip.  We can't forget Jimmy Brown either who is also in the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame!

• Like 2