RATE THE NFL UNIFORM MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT FOR THE BEST UNI?

Im one of the old timers....i always like the teams that uniforms pretty much stay the same year after year....i look at football as a game that represents that sense of toughness like blocking and tackling. Does all these uniform changes and flash really upset me....NOT REALLY ...i just like to see the old plain jane stuff .... To me it represents the game ....but again.....everyone has an opinion....and its entertainment and a fun release ...like sports should be. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Capanther said:

Im one of the old timers....i always like the teams that uniforms pretty much stay the same year after year....i look at football as a game that represents that sense of toughness like blocking and tackling. Does all these uniform changes and flash really upset me....NOT REALLY ...i just like to see the old plain jane stuff .... To me it represents the game ....but again.....everyone has an opinion....and its entertainment and a fun release ...like sports should be. 

And I totally respect that 100% nothing wrong with that!  I love many of the old school uniforms!

• Like 3

I'm in the same boat with you guys, I like the original or at least older uniforms of most teams, except for Tampa Bay (you have to admit, the 90s/2000s red and black design is a lot meaner looking than the orange cream popsicle jerseys with the Harlequin Romance Novel-looking Pirate. 😆).

For some teams, I like their alternate 3rd jerseys as it adds a nice change up from the usual. That being said, I hate the thought of the NFL going the way of college football or the NBA with 5 or 6 different uniforms in a season. 😳

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Kian said:

I'm in the same boat with you guys, I like the original or at least older uniforms of most teams, except for Tampa Bay (you have to admit, the 90s/2000s red and black design is a lot meaner looking than the orange cream popsicle jerseys with the Harlequin Romance Novel-looking Pirate. 😆).

For some teams, I like their alternate 3rd jerseys as it adds a nice change up from the usual. That being said, I hate the thought of the NFL going the way of college football or the NBA with 5 or 6 different uniforms in a season. 😳

Yep...those orange uniforms were tough to look at....lol....but as far as electric football goes...i only collect the 26 teams that existed before the addition of the bucs and seahawks...but haiti really made some very nice bucs and seahawk teams...id say the modern tudor has some nice looking teams today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capanther said:

Yep...those orange uniforms were tough to look at....lol....but as far as electric football goes...i only collect the 26 teams that existed before the addition of the bucs and seahawks...but haiti really made some very nice bucs and seahawk teams...id say the modern tudor has some nice looking teams today.

True, I've been pretty satisfied with the Tudor pre-painted figs I've bought so far. The paint jobs aren't perfect, but they're better than what I can probably do myself, and you can't beat the $5 tag.

I do have to say, I've been very impressed with your collection from what I've seen so far in your tourney thread. I can't wait for the next season to kick off! I'm kinda jealous of how you have kept them in such great shape for so long - I've had my figures for around two or three months, and I've still already broken 3 figures just by putzing around with them (not including the 2 that were busted in the mail). Luckily, I snagged some of those Feldherr foam tray cases for them, and I'm getting better at not dropping them on my hardwood floors! 😆

3 hours ago, Paul Kian said:

True, I've been pretty satisfied with the Tudor pre-painted figs I've bought so far. The paint jobs aren't perfect, but they're better than what I can probably do myself, and you can't beat the $5 tag.

I do have to say, I've been very impressed with your collection from what I've seen so far in your tourney thread. I can't wait for the next season to kick off! I'm kinda jealous of how you have kept them in such great shape for so long - I've had my figures for around two or three months, and I've still already broken 3 figures just by putzing around with them (not including the 2 that were busted in the mail). Luckily, I snagged some of those Feldherr foam tray cases for them, and I'm getting better at not dropping them on my hardwood floors! 😆

Thanks so much.  Years ago we bought 32 cases at Michael's Craft Store which is perfect for storing the men in. Then we bought the Master Series Paints from Tudor, and all of our 67 Big Men.  That was a huge challenge which took months to transform the teams, but we used the money from selling all of our old teams and we used that to rebuild the league.  They are all stored in temper

• Like 2

Michael's has some good deals, I'm actually going to make my first down markers using some bracelet chain, magnets, and dowels, along with one of those 40% off coupons. I wish I had thought about them for storage before I dropped $70 each on two of these:

spacer.png

Each case comes with 5 trays, and each tray holds 36 figures. Since I have 8 teams of 25, with 3 TTQBs that are a lot wider, I took six of the spaces and cut the median piece out to make 3 extra wide spaces for them. I am now left with 8 extra spots per tray for coaches and paints. I also took the 2 unused trays, and on each tray I made 12 more TTQB spaces the same way while leaving 12 more regular sized spaces for unpainted "Free Agents" in case I break some more figs in the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Thanks so much.  Years ago we bought 32 cases at Michael's Craft Store which is perfect for storing the men in. Then we bought the Master Series Paints from Tudor, and all of our 67 Big Men.  That was a huge challenge which took months to transform the teams, but we used the money from selling all of our old teams and we used that to rebuild the league.  They are all stored in temper

What kind of case are you talking about?  Would you mind sharing a photo so I know what to look for?

Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 7:09 AM, Long island EFL said:

Yup, those pictured above are similar to the ones I use.  I also got them from Michaels, but mine have 20 compartments without the long compartments on the end.  I use two for each team, as I have 106 players for each team (dark and white jerseys) plus kickers and punters).  I put two figures in each compartment standing up.  I think Michaels listed them under the jewelry box category. They work great and the cases stack, so you don't need to spread them around the room!😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickLM30 said:

Yup, those pictured above are similar to the ones I use.  I also got them from Michaels, but mine have 20 compartments without the long compartments on the end.  I use two for each team, as I have 106 players for each team (dark and white jerseys) plus kickers and punters).  I put two figures in each compartment standing up.  I think Michaels listed them under the jewelry box category. They work great and the cases stack, so you don't need to spread them around the room!😊

That is great Rick!  Love to see the teams!  

• Like 2

Don't feel too bad, Rick. Yesterday I caught myself breaking out a calculator to add .5 + .5. 😆

Can't wait to see you guys' carrying set up! Once I get some scratch together this payday I'm going to be looking into some of your storage solutions, as I still haven't purchased/fabricated any refs, yard markers, extra parts for the board, etc. and I think my Feldherr cases will be too full for all that stuff.

• Like 1

IMG_20200903_115311.thumb.jpg.63dcb380e5fa88350beddf2cf9af6f8c.jpgIMG_20200903_115342.thumb.jpg.98f31a128e7820c8e8fd6427399e806d.jpgIMG_20200903_115342.thumb.jpg.98f31a128e7820c8e8fd6427399e806d.jpgIMG_20200903_115409.thumb.jpg.677dcbae04170ea60674045e2fdb637d.jpgIMG_20200903_115426.thumb.jpg.5051b233401bac3d79dbded33e294ef2.jpgIMG_20200903_115506.thumb.jpg.260829f98c05bc06cfb8d0aa19f9ff09.jpg

Wellllll,,there they are.  Not sure why some of them are sideways, since I held the camera in the same position each time. Hopefully, you can get the idea of what they look like.  Also, showed how they stack, in case you are interested.

i LOVE THOSE RICK!  VERY NICE, CLEAN, AND ORGANIZED!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1