UK Super 6 Tournament

MK1603

Hi all

Now that I have 6 teams in my possession (2 more on the way to make 8 teams) I have decided to create my own mini solitaire tournament

I welcome you all to the Super 6 tournament. Teams involved are:

New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens

Points system is based off of a rugby union type of points system, see attachment for more info 🙂

Pictures of teams will follow after I have stuck numbers on my new teams and sorted out the bases. May not be actual gameplay for a day or two

Very excited to work on this project and I hope anyone who wants to follow the progress enjoys

Stay tuned 😄 

Mike

EF S6.pdf

• Like 3

Thanks. Might be a bit ambitious and will definitely take a while to complete the whole tournament. Hopefully will be done before my other 2 teams arrive, I have giants and redskins coming with a board I recently won on Ebay. A classic Monday night football board from Miggle, that I am excited to try out 

Glad you like the format, decided to give it a European touch 🙂 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Maybe you could figure out how to use electric football to develop a "Rugby" Electric Football Game? I have toyed with it some, but haven't quite figured it out. I love watching Rugby on TV. 

That wouldn't be a half bad idea. Simulating rugby union would be tricky with scrums, rucks, mails, lineouts etc. Rugby league however would be the more viable option 

Who knows with rugbys popularity on the slow incline in the US and Canada with Major League rugby it might be something Tudor should keep an eye on what develops in the coming years 🙂

But I may toy with that idea myself like you have eventually and see what comes of it 🙂

• Like 1

I absolutely failed to mention....In line with the "Six" theme, this tournament will be a 6-a-side tournament played on a full sized field. Substitutions will be made if necessary before plays or when the ball is dead. This will make set up times a lot quicker for me and will actually mean I will probably get this tournament completed this side of the decade 😂 There will be 10 plays per quarter rather than the 15 I have been playing in my 11-a-side games

I am hoping this will also encourage faster gameplay and higher scoring. And as per my tournament format with points differences and bonus touchdown points being taken into consideration it is more important than ever to get the ball in the end zone and get the boot to ball for those FG and PAT

May also do a 7 and 8 man tournament when I have more teams. Eventually I will aim to do an 11 man tournament maybe even an actual league in future

I should have more updates later on but I do have numbers to stick on, bases to try and get running remotely straight and attempting to glue a figure that got broken in transit. So still a bit more prep to do before I can kick this off

thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

Miami 6 - 24 Pittsburgh

Interceptions cost Dolphins dear as Steelers triumph

Super 6 got off to a surprisingly low scoring affair. A score you'd be more familiar with an 11-a-side game rather than with 6. However a cold and windy night in England may have played a part in the players lack of enthusiasm

The dolphins stormed into a 6-0 lead. Missing the PAT. Steelers got a FG back just before end of Q1

The Steelers blew Miami away in Q2 scoring 2 unanswered converted touchdowns. The Steelers also slotted in a touchdown and PAT in the 3rd.

A pretty dull Q4. Miami got into the red zone twice. Once with a great running play and the second time due to a holding penalty, but thanks to 2 interceptions Steelers managed to hold off a spirited Dolphins fightback

Next up is the Group A clash between the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers. The fans will hopefully be treated to some more points on display than tonight's attempt

IMG_20211126_203234405.jpg

IMG_20211126_203337626.jpg

IMG_20211126_203526325.jpg

• Like 1

Great start! You mentioned a "holding penalty". I'm curious, what constitutes a holding penalty? What I think you're referring to is when two opposing players lock arms and change each others direction. Is that correct? I've thought about instituting that in my league, but I couldn't get passed the question of; who is holding who? Would the penalty always be called on the defense? This may be in the official rules or the toe-pro rules. If so, I apologize for my intellectual laziness. 😄

Yes for now anyway I call a holding penalty when players lock arms. I give them a couple of buzzes to release eachother.  For the time being I only penalize the defence but I may add this to my games in the future

I am a newbie to EF so do not know what's in official rules either! but I have seen other players determining whether a penalty is on the offense/defence by flipping a coin or rolling dice to get the outcome. I personally just take elements of people's games I see on YouTube and on this forum and add it or slightly adjust it to my game 🙂

Should be able to get a game or two played today so watch this space 😁

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New York Jets 34-21 Carolina Panthers

Jets tame Panthers in bonus point victory

Another wet, windy and cold evening in Southern England was the backdrop in this Group A clash. The fans hoping for more points than in yesterday's Super 6 opener

The Carolina #22 who most thought wouldn't be able to play after having his legs glued back to his feet jogged onto the field without any sign of injury

Q1: It was all Carolina in the first quarter who picked up plenty of yards and first downs. And were camped in the Jets red zone for a number of plays. 4th down came and the Panthers went for it only for the pass to the end zone be intercepted by the Jets who ran the ball out of bounds to end the quarter at 0-0

Q2: The second quarter started with a bang with there being not one, not two but THREE back to back kick off return touchdowns (2 for Jets, 1 for Panthers) There was a blocked PAT from NYJ which Carolina scooped up and ran into the end zone for 2 points. And the reverse happened later on in the quarter with the Jets scoring 2 points from a blocked PAT. Jets got a touchdown late in the quarter. Score at HT, NYJ 21-14 CAR

Q3: In a contrast to Q2, the third was a tight encounter with nobody able to find a way to get on the board

Q4: With Carolina being the one score behind the Jets they were knocking on the door early in the 4th but to no avail. A misplaced pass resulted in an interception to the Jets WR who scored a TD. Midway in the quarter the Panthers broke the defensive line at the 20 yard line to dive in for a TD. Carolina came close again late in the 4th and could have won it. But another interception resulted in a 75 yard touchdown by the Jets on the last play of the game to close out w toughly fought contest

The Jets receive 1 extra bonus point for scoring 5 touchdowns. Panthers get 0 points but will have their heads held high as they played some great offensive football. Defense and passing will need work before their next game which will be against the Ravens

Super 6 will be back on Monday where the Tennessee Titans face off against Miami Dolphins 🏈

IMG_20211127_200509466.jpg

IMG_20211127_200734087.jpg

IMG_20211127_201622534.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

Wow, what an exciting game! Particularly that 2nd quarter. So the Jets got a bonus point for scoring 5 TDs. Are there other ways that teams can earn bonus points?

Hi, yeah the 2nd quarter was unexpected they just kept crossing the line 😂. Wouldn't happen if there was 11 defenders so may see this happen again 😄

Jets got the bonus point for scoring 5 because you get a bonus point for scoring four or more touchdowns

A team who loses can get a bonus point for losing by 7 points or less. A losing team can also get a bonus point for scoring 4 or more touchdowns. So essentially the maximum points a losing team can potentially pick up is 2. The max a winning wide can get is 5

When the group stage is over I will post up the standings of the groups 😀

Thanks for following I hope to have the next game played tomorrow evening UK time 

• Like 1

Passing, Tweaking and Tonight's game

Due to me being a newbie to EF and still learning about how to tweak bases for now I have my own method of passing which I am using until such point as I am more proficient with getting my bases to behave how I want them to. At this point my gameplay is at a pretty basic level, but the difference is night and day to how my players used to perform when I first started playing EF last month. Hopefully it will only get better from here. I currently use a nail file on bases and some finger tweaking, I have purchased some pliers to help with the process. Currently get a fairly high rate of success on both TTC and rookies, but some are lost causes. I use strength invisibases on linemen and some running backs, also put 3 speed cleats on a receiver and he doesn't perform too badly. I have a surplus of speed invisbase cleats so may experiment so these are not wasted. Not a fan of speed cleats but I will use what ever material I have available. Especially now it is xmas season need to buy gifts so will not be able to purchase any more bases until at least January!

As for passing, On the Playing Solitaire forum I have been following a user called Capanther (sorry if this is spelt wrong) and I read that he uses a dice method to determine whether a pass is complete. So I have to give him credit for being an inspiration to my passing and punting at the moment. When there is defensive pressure I roll the dice to corresponding number then I use the blue passing stick to measure how close a defender is to the QB, I then place the passing stick in front of the player and then see if the player touches the magnet which is a completed pass. So with defensive pressure there is 2 stages for a pass. Fairly basic for now and yes my gameplay is probably flawed but it works for me and its fun to get it near the end zone just to have the ball intercepted at any moment. Makes games unpredictable and relies a lot on luck 🙂 

Interception to defender nearest to intended receiver (Unless there is a massive distance then pass is ruled as incomplete) = 1

Incomplete = 2

Short pass = 3 or more

Medium pass = 4 or more

Long pass = 5 or more

Hail Mary = 6

One thing I have noticed is lacking in my gameplay is Fumbles. What sort of procedures do you guys have for fumbles? When is a fumble called in your game? What constitutes as a fumble in your matches? For me I declare a fumble when 2 players tackle someone at the same time, when a player falls down after being hit, when a player falls down on their own while in possession. I also roll 2 dice on mid-long snaps, hand-offs, shovel passes etc if it is a double 1 then its a fumble. May add this to kick offs and punts also 😄 

I am sure in time with the more I learn the more advanced my gameplay will be. But for now I am having a great time and I am enjoying sharing my tournament updates with you. My Madden game on Xbox has not seen the light of day since I have bought my EF board 😂 I appreciate all types of feedback, advice and even constructive criticism. I'd like to thank everyone who has offered me advice so far however big or small, I really appreciate and I hope one day I can give more back to such a great community!

Tonight's game will be Titans VS Dolphins :MIA::TEN:

Thanks

Mike 

• Like 1

Many people call a fumble when the front of the defender's base contacts the rear of the ball-carrier's base.

You can drop a ball on top of the fumbler's head and let it land where it may.  Point unengaged players at it and run the ball to see who recovers it.

With your 6 a side, are you including 2 linemen?

• Like 1

I actually use the ball and place the ball in the arms of a ball carrier and if he should lose it for any reason, it is a fumble and any player who touches the ball after it has touched the playing field, recovers the ball. It does happen more than you would think!! 

However, any of the methods you are using is fine. If it is fun for you, that is what matters.  

Below is an early illustration of how the ball is placed for carrying the ball. 

1618585731_Screenshot2021-11-29135531.jpg.8d5f14a6c06cc2d0101342f2f4704188.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, zak99b5 said:

Many people call a fumble when the front of the defender's base contacts the rear of the ball-carrier's base.

You can drop a ball on top of the fumbler's head and let it land where it may.  Point unengaged players at it and run the ball to see who recovers it.

With your 6 a side, are you including 2 linemen?

Hi Zak. Thanks for the tip may add that to my game going forward. I already drop the ball on the fumblers head, I do like that!

Offenses in this tournament must have 3 linemen. But all players are eligible receivers

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

I actually use the ball and place the ball in the arms of a ball carrier and if he should lose it for any reason, it is a fumble and any player who touches the ball after it has touched the playing field, recovers the ball. It does happen more than you would think!! 

However, any of the methods you are using is fine. If it is fun for you, that is what matters.  

Thanks a lot for this. May use this carrying technique in the next game. I only put the ball on the player when taking photos so may add a different element to the gameplay! Thanks again

• Like 1

Tennessee Titans 19-16 Miami Dolphins

Titans hold on for first win of tournament

Q1: The first was a fairly uneventful encounter. Possession changed hands a couple of times in the 10 plays. Closest to getting on the board was Miami with a 37 yard field goal. However this was blocked and Q1 ended 0-0

Q2: Quarter 2 started off again with a defensive masterclass on both sides. Both teams not given up much if any yardage to the opposition. Miami missed a FG on 4th down. Later on the titans then broke through the line and scored a 40 yard rushing TD. Near the end of Q2 Miami threw for a 50 yard gain but opted for a FG on the last play of the half to get on the board. This obviously was a big mistake by the dolphins who would have won the match if they decided to go for it and score the TD! Halftime 7-3 to Titans

Q3: 3rd down for Tennessee early on. Snap fumbled by Titans QB, recovered by Miami #40 who ran for a 52 yard gain. Miami awarded a 5 yard holding penalty on Tennessee 15 yard line. Couldn't capitalise and got to 4th down and went for a FG. The FG was blocked and recovered by offense who was then tackled. Late in the quarter TEN received a 48 yard pass but player went out of bounds to end quarter

Q4: TEN score a 28 yard TD early in quarter. High snap on PAT so no extra point. Midway through quarter Miami QB then launched an 80 yard TD pass to #40 to get them right back in contention. However this was short lived as TEN immediately from kick off got all the way to Miami 2 yard line. TD was then scored by Titans when their RB crashed over the line. PAT was missed. In the dying embers Miami gave it one last push. Dolphins QB threw a 40 yard touchdown pass but missed PAT. But this was not enough as the Titans held on for the victory

Next up is Carolina Panthers against Baltimore Ravens 🏈

IMG_20211129_210211233.jpg

IMG_20211129_212907275.jpg

IMG_20211129_212915904_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

This is what I follow as well. And fumbles do happen more often than you would think particularly when the football you're using is older and "roughed up". In my league, fumbles can also occur on kickoffs and punts. If the ball hits the return man, it is considered a fumble. There is one other time a fumble can occur, and that is during a lateral which is very rare. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

This is what I follow as well. And fumbles do happen more often than you would think particularly when the football you're using is older and "roughed up". In my league, fumbles can also occur on kickoffs and punts. If the ball hits the return man, it is considered a fumble. There is one other time a fumble can occur, and that is during a lateral which is very rare. 

Going to be trying this physical ball carrying technique in my game this evening. Just a little concerned it may make the game take too long so depending how long it takes me will determine what direction I'll be taking with this. I do really like the idea though and it does look nice seeing your players make a play while carrying the felt ball. However I already take a long time setting up but getting quicker as the days and weeks progress. The big test will be when I start playing full 11 man games I think my setting up times are going to be painful!

My last game took the best part of 3 hours (10 plays a quarter) so this technique may not be beneficial to my game. In my personal opinion I do not want to be spending 3 hours on one game, in that time I could play 2 possibly 3, but with more practice and experience I'm sure my games will be a more reasonable time. I do get easily distracted so the cell phone may have to go away for the duration of the game 😅

On laterals I too consider it a fumble when I roll double 1 and yes I agree on it's rarity it has only happened around 2 or 3 times since I have been playing but does happen. Really does spice the game up if it happens in key areas of the field

But I will let everyone know how I get on and the ball carrying may be a permanent fixture to games going forward 🙂

• Like 1

Yes, one of the drawbacks of playing solitaire electric football is how long it takes to complete a game. But that also depends a lot on your rules and style of play. It often takes me 45 minutes to an hour to complete one quarter. But I also record a detailed play-by-play game report, take pictures, etc. But that can also be a good thing because you can start and stop a game as needed and basically just take your time and enjoy playing. There is no set way to play. play however makes the game fun and enjoyable for you. as I always say, "Just have fun and play the game"   

• Like 2