My attempt at using the uniforms

nefgm.org

Took me 30-40 minutes to do this one. Wasn't really timing, but I was being extremely careful and following  the instructions very carefully. They do grap guickly. I had to reposition several times to get exactly where I wanted them. Mixed feelings about them. I still would prefer to have the pre-painted teams. I bought these mainly just to have in the collection of the Museum. 20211123_123903.thumb.jpg.76eca103ed81164d2a87c4b12218e0cf.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my attempt using the Tudor uni-forms stickers.  I did 2 players and I had trouble wrapping the decals around of the torso of the players.  On the Cooper Kupp figure on the right, the decals curled up on the pant legs when I was trying to fix it.  Furthermore, it's had a hard time getting the decals off the sheet.  My hands are big, I had to use the toothpick in prying off the decal.  I did better on the second figure, my Aaron Donald on the left.  I still problems wrapping the pant leg decals on the legs.  

Overall, I don't like using the uni-forms, but I understand it's more cost effective for Tudor.  Plus, you can mix and match different variations of uniforms.   I hope Tudor will sell the stickers only in the future.  I have lots of blank players and 67 men players I can decal 12 teams. 

LA Rams EF players.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LARamsfan said:

Here is my attempt using the Tudor uni-forms stickers.  I did 2 players and I had trouble wrapping the decals around of the torso of the players.  On the Cooper Kupp figure on the right, the decals curled up on the pant legs when I was trying to fix it.  Furthermore, it's had a hard time getting the decals off the sheet.  My hands are big, I had to use the toothpick in prying off the decal.  I did better on the second figure, my Aaron Donald on the left.  I still problems wrapping the pant leg decals on the legs.  

Overall, I don't like using the uni-forms, but I understand it's more cost effective for Tudor.  Plus, you can mix and match different variations of uniforms.   I hope Tudor will sell the stickers only in the future.  I have lots of blank players and 67 men players I can decal 12 teams. 

Hey LARamsfan,

Great feedback and thanks for sharing! I'd agree that wrapping the torso and legs is probably the most difficult part, but I can really see the improvement already from the Kupp figure to the Donald figure. It took me a full 11 figure team before I felt really confident about putting together a team where the decals sheets went on smoothly. Good to know about the difficulty getting the sheets off the backing, we may want to adjust our cutting machine to do a deeper cut. I would also suggest picking up a set of tweezers to help get the decal sheets off the backing, we will put our preferred pair in the "Tools" section of the website in the next week or so. If you ever have issues with the decals curling up or not sticking correctly, just hit them with some heat from a blow drier or heat gun and they will adhere to the plastic figure better.

Great idea about selling the sticker sheets separately. These decals would only work on the 9- figures or the Hati-Repro HT-11 figures, but I think selling packs of sheets makes a lot of sense. I'll be sure to bring it up at our next meeting.

-TUDOR Coach Wyatt

• Like 1

I tell you, when I tested these and as I use them now, there's a few things that stay consistent - 

1. The typical time it takes for me to paint a figure and apply logos - 20 to 25 minutes per figure

I can have a figure fully dressed with Uni-Forms in around 15 minutes, and that's with taking my time. 

2. The decals are forgiving if you need to remove and re-apply. 

3. I don't have to worry about keeping a lot of painting stuff around. I see I may have to do some touch-ups, and a nice clear coat should seal the deal once they're done. 

• Like 1

I just completed my first uniforms team; the vintage Boston/New England Patriots....well, I am almost done. I haven't numbered them yet, but the team itself is dressed.

My impressions:

The most difficult part is just getting started. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. Like most of my fellow enthusiasts/coaches here, I have made a few trips around the sun, and my hands aren't that steady anymore, nor is my close up eyesight great. But my figures came out pretty well. It isn't as easy as the video makes it look, but each new figure is easier. 

Imperfections: Your figures WILL have them. But look at your prepainted or self painted figures and you will have them. The thing is, when you look at your figures from the distance typical of using them in a game, and all those imperfections disappear. In fact, some of the little wrinkles actually enhance the realism. I am much more confident going into my second effort, the vintage Buffalo Bills.

The only real problem I encountered: It really was a Tudor problem and not mine. My team set only had one all purpose figure, and 3 sprinter figures. That left me two options--either report it to Tudor to see if they would make it right, or attempt to put an all purpose set on a sprinter figure. After examing the sheets, I didn't see all that much difference between to two sets, so I decided to give it a shot. By that time, I was on my 8th figure and I was pretty confident. It worked! The figure came out just fine. 

Commonly expressed concern: Tearing the sheets. This is a legitimate concern, and it will happen. Fortunately for me, all the tears I had were tiny, and the stickers are forgiving enough that you won't notice them on the finished figure. 

The great unknown: How will the adhesive that holds the stickers on the figures wear over time. Nobody can know for sure. Tudor has discussed this on various forums and they have put them through the most reasonable tests possible. I guess we will all find out together.

One quick tip: You may have some tiny areas on figures where a pant leg or jersey doesn't quite meet. I only had this come up 2 times, and they were very tiny areas. But a little paint or magic marker will hide that little imperfection very well. 

• Like 2