How to clean Original White Jersey Bigmen that turned dingy with age

Joe#21

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could help. I recently bought a Falcons Bigmen team with white jersey's but some of the players turned kind of brownish yellow from age. Is there anything I can use to clean them and get the original white color back without painting them?

image0 (18).jpeg

Hi @Joe#21

Nice team !! if you are still looking for some help in cleaning the 67bigmen figures, you can use LA totally awesome cleaner dilute first and use Q'tips to apply solution work towards a full strength start with 50 to 50 until you like what you see do not start full strength but work up to it and just don't saturate the paint since they are old figures, you will need to of course remove the jersey numbers, if you are doing a repaint strip all paint by soaking figures in purple power (safe for plastics) for 24hrs then wash and let dry, pour hydrogen peroxide in a glass jar put figures in solution and set in direct sunlight for 30 to 45min watching the solution there will be bubbling as it cleans and removes the yellowing of the plastic, hope this helps.

p.s. you can also use the HP method on painted figures but its only for yellowing so just figure out what the issue is first by spot testing to see if cleaning is all that is needed.. if neither works and will not remove then the white plastic was injected in to a dirty mold that had amber plastic left over and that cant be cleaned as it is the color of the plastic in the figure.. 

awesome-products-orange-all-purpose2-570x708.jpg

• Like 2

Before you do that, I would try the simplest route.  a damp cloth or Kleenex will remove dirt and grime.  Rub gently and be careful not to rub off the paint.  If that doesn't help, then move on to chemical cleaners.  a little Goo Gone will take of sticky number residue.

• Like 1