"New" 610 Field

zak99b5

Got a new-to-me 610 field today. It's in better shape overall than the 610 I got a couple years back, especially the field. No crown to it. 

Best part is, it has every Jet and every Brown, no injuries at all. And 22 red peg bases. 

Pics to come. 

• Like 5

Congratulations! Can’t wait for the pictures!

I am thinking about finding a board to put a new field cover on. That means a Miggle board in great shape by itself, so I don’t mind skinning it. I have a mind to get the Super Bowl V skin but the MNF one is a close second. I have such great memories associated with SB V, it is a definite choice…for now.

Journey On!

• Like 4

Yeah, the Chiefs/Vikings SB field is very nice.

I bet a magnetic cover would do well on a Miggle field, since the sheet metal is so thin on those.  I can't use mine since if you're not super careful setting up, you can make all the players already positioned jump.  Thinking the heavier magnetic cover would dampen that a bit.

• Like 4

There we go. 

Realized when I went to take the pics that one of the feet is broken along the bottom. A small part of it is whole so the game stands level. 

Has anyone ever removed a corner foot to replace it?  I do have a board I'd consider cannibalizing to make this one sturdy. I'm afraid it's going to break more with use. 

• Like 4

I won a 619 Black Helmet Saints board on eBay today. They would not say if it worked or not, but for a chance to own the graphics, it was worth the price. If it comes to it, I can fix a couple motors to it. My plan is to get a MNF magnetic field cover so I don’t mess with the original field look. What I’m hoping for is that it works. The seller was the Salvation Army of Upper Begonia, or somewhere. There were enough extras with it to justify buying, so all’s good. I was really surprised not to get it jerked away at the last minute, as is my usual experience bidding on  eBay. 
Update to come in about a week or so.

Journey On!

• Like 4

On 8/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, zak99b5 said:

And 22 red peg bases. 

My Rams are now my red peg team.

100_5354.png.27540d1f887644f6ad9ae85c778ad0c9.pngThey have numbers from about the same year.

I must say red pegs are the pinnacle of frustration/enjoyment. When they work, OMG, there's nothing better. Like this opening Kick Off in the game I'm playing now.

The Wedge opens a hole and Rams #10 is through the hole and upfield as fast as any player I own. 🥰

On the other hand the plastic changes its disposition literally from one play to the next. 😢

I've noticed the red prongs come in a soft, lighter-colored red plastic which is lackluster, and in a rigid, darker-colored red plastic. All of my Rams team have the darker plastic prong.

Enjoy your new-to-you 610, your new players, and your new red pegs.      T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nefgm.org said:

red peg bases... I will have to reconsider. 

All of my red peg players are under 6 grams — but well over 4 grams — so tournament play is probably not an option for red pegs.

In my solitaire league they are very competitive, but one team is about all I have the patience to sustain.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️ 

• Like 3

I've found on some the red insert has some play in the mounting hole in the base shell.  This makes for inconsistent positioning of the front prongs, thus inconsistent performance.

Like, I'll get one running nice and straight.  Then I can adjust it to make him curve.  But when turned back to straight, he doesn't run like before.

I can see why they only made these for a short time and went to the dial.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

This makes for inconsistent positioning of the front prongs, thus inconsistent performance.

Exactly. My current solution to the loose peg in the mounting hole is to push my steel bolt and washer up tight against the red peg assembly. When screwed down tight the washer creates a fulcrum that stabilizes the red peg assembly.

Here's the kicker, the added weight and stabilized red peg assembly results in the red peg bases running straight. Even when I don't want them to!

• Like 4

On 8/23/2024 at 10:13 AM, Terry43 said:

Exactly. My current solution to the loose peg in the mounting hole is to push my steel bolt and washer up tight against the red peg assembly. When screwed down tight the washer creates a fulcrum that stabilizes the red peg assembly.

Here's the kicker, the added weight and stabilized red peg assembly results in the red peg bases running straight. Even when I don't want them to!

..."a fulcrum..." yes, indeed! Terry43, you really are MEGAMIND!  lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1