New Field Covers

I had no clue Tudor released new field covers! I browse fairly often, but this one snuck up on me. I am already picking out which one I want. I’ve narrowed it down to four. When and where was the announcement for this product? I watch the Forum and YouTube. At one time, we got emails concerning new stuff. I wouldn’t have missed that. How was this rolled out? Better yet, what else am I missing? 
I want to put a skin on my old Miggle board. It’s going to be an interesting challenge as I have to navigate the vibration power knob and decide on vinyl v.s. magnetic. New product is a nice problem to have.

Journey On!

• Like 2

It’s on the way! Could not turn down That Montgomery Ward 610 cover! Liked the SBIII one but I have the original. I grew up on MNF but other than the nostalgia, that one is a bit bland. I’ve got one more 90’s Miggle board. That SBIV is sweet! I’ve always had an affinity for SBV but the graphics are pretty pedestrian. I’ll wrestle and probably go with a dark horse.

BTW, I’m in the middle of MNF Tournament III, and IV will take a minute as well, but I hit upon an idea for MNF Tournament V. Original AFL teams. 10 of ‘em! I’ve got enough old teams to make it work, and what doesn’t I’ll turn to newer stock and Uni-Forms to help round things out. I’ll keep posted as this develops. I’m pretty excited about it!

Hmmmm. That AFL cover, though not as snazzy, might just be the ticket….

Journey On!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

I hit upon an idea for MNF Tournament V. Original AFL teams. 10 of ‘em!

3 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

That AFL cover, though not as snazzy, might just be the ticket….

I feel a resurrection of the AFL coming on!     Best. League. Ever.

Enjoy the AFL Journey    T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 3:25 AM, Daryl Collins said:

I want to put a skin on my old Miggle board. It’s going to be an interesting challenge as I have to navigate the vibration power knob and decide on vinyl v.s. magnetic. New product is a nice problem to have.

I think with an old original 620-style field, you'd want to go with the vinyl cover.  Remove the speed screw completely and lay down the cover.  Then just cut out the hole and reinstall the screw.

I'm deciding on which ones to order and for what boards.  My 610 has a spot where the paint had lifted (looks like somthing was spilt on it as it's wrinkled around the bare spot) so that's a no-brainer.  I could only put a magnetic cover on my '62 600 field because it's fiberboard, but the motor mounting is different.  I have two blue-endzone 620s; it would be nice to have one be different.  The 600 Rams Vikings cover is catching my eye.  I have the smaller Sears Super Bowl board with the same design and like the look a lot, but it's too small for playing.  My later 660 board is a little smaller than the 620s so none would fit.

• Like 3

"The 'Lost' Electric Football game of all-time — Tudor's 1968 Ice Bowl prototype. Created by Lee Payne, it featured 'frozen' end zones and the first NFL shield ever seen on a Tudor game. Although never put into production..." Page 100 of Full Color Electric Football.

This would be a field I can't buy on eBay. An NFL Championship skirt for my ultimate field would be a nice addition also. It could be called the Ice Bowl package.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.  🏈♾️

• Like 2