Super Bowl

Well. It’s decided. The Kansas City Chiefs are playing the San Francisco 49ers in this season’s Super Bowl. Now I have to wait to see who’s wearing what to order up a couple of custom painted teams to represent. Now, obviously, if I get to order, and there’s not an out of stock situation, I won’t get them back in time for the Super Bowl to display them. So in the meantime, I’ll have 2 Uni-form teams to represent.

Chiefs Kingdom!

Journey On!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

Kansas City Chiefs are playing the San Francisco 49ers

The rematch. Last time I was cheering for the upstart Chiefs. This time I'll pull for Christian McCaffrey (200 all-purpose yards please), and the 49ers to beat the Chiefs 34 to 17. The Chiefs will score all their points in the First Half.

I'm currently working on a 49ers-esque team for my upcoming draft. Before the sale of Tudor to Bryan, the Tudor company gave away free teams for purchases over $20. I probably won't call the team the 49ers (that name is taken) but the colors will remain the same. 

100_4004.png.453f4f2b822cc1a9135cd58273f51c74.pngWretched factory paint but sufficient for my draft.100_4005.png.ec94c337e94bec27802eb43f4764e750.pngI used a gold Sharpie to color the single-clips.100_4003.png.628eaf7a33cbd9b32298947a18440661.png

The gold will rub off but I'm looking forward to the beauty of the wear patterns. 🎨

Enjoy the Journey    T43   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Those bases are boss!!! I have a cadres of teams I got, over time, before the sale. I had sent a ton of them and bases to a friend who has a son that was about the age I was when I got into EF. He has a board from one of the old Denver Super Bowls. I’ll have to see about the remaining stock. Not too sure what to do with them, but it’s great having the option if inspiration strikes. 

Journey On!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Daryl Collins said:

Not too sure what to do with them, but it’s great having the option if inspiration strikes

I have an old Jaguars team (teal pants & black helmets) I'm thinking of calling the Baja Blast to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Pepsi/Taco Bell releasing the Mountain Dew spinoff, Baja Blast.

I'll give them red numbers.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 4

In the past Tudor has always wound up selling out of whatever teams make the Super Bowl unless they were able to correctly predict what teams would be in the Super Bowl. Kind of what happened recently and lead to the creation of the Uni-Forms. 

In the past when Tudor sold team specific Super Bowl Games it was always the teams that were in the previous seasons Super Bowl, in other words, the Super Bowl Games sold during Christmas of 1998 were the teams that played in the game (Super Bowl XXXII - Packers vs Broncos) on January 25, 1998, following the 1997 Season. This gave them plenty of time to get the teams from the factory in China.  

Tudor has not sold a Super Bowl Edition game since the end of the 2005 season when the Seahawks and Steelers met in Super Bowl XL played on February 5, 2006. Tudor was not able to sell a Super Bowl edition game after that., having lost their NFL License in the Spring of 2006. Excalibur had the NFL License for the 2007 season, but they did not produce a Super Bowl Game and they only lasted for one year of production. Tudor Games, under Doug Strohm, did reacquire the NFL license in 2013 and began producing NFL Edition games, teams and figures again in 2014 but never a Super Bowl Edition. 

I am hoping Bryan Nutt will again produce NFL Super Bowl Edition Games. But I don't know fully what his plans are.

I do remember being at a Miggle Toys / Tudor Games Electric Football Convention and Tournament one year and Mr. Landsman trying to set up a game with the players in their Super Bowl Uniforms that was coming up and asking if anybody know what color uniforms they would be wearing in the game. This was when the Conventions were held the week prior to the Super Bowl Game being played. 

• Like 5

I was trying to place which Christmas that I received my Super Bowl board featuring the Raiders vs. Eagles.  It was either 81' or 82'.  I believe it was the first Super Bowl board that had the short rails.  It was that medium 32" x 16" playing surface.

• Like 4

If I got that Super Bowl game for THIS year’s Christmas I would consider it one of the very best! Somewhere in America there is a dry, cool basement with one of these bad boys mint in box. This is one of my three wishes when I rub that magic lamp!

Journey On!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Daryl Collins said:

If I got that Super Bowl game for THIS year’s Christmas I would consider it one of the very best! Somewhere in America there is a dry, cool basement with one of these bad boys mint in box. This is one of my three wishes when I rub that magic lamp!

Journey On!

I could come close to making that happen!! Might not be mint but could be a very reasonable facsimile. We should talk. I have a number of game boards that are dented, scratched, rusted, graphics rubbing off that I am going to start restoring. That size the JC Penney and the Sears Super Bowls I have several of. We should talk. with today's technology and using vinyl car wrap graphics. I am just starting to work on this. 

• Like 2

😃 closer to Christmas! 
Well, it appears the Chiefs will be in dark home jerseys, and the 49ers in white’s. I had sort of hoped for the other way around, but ok. I will be getting a custom paint order together soon. I’ll probably number the Chiefs for offense and the 49ers for defense. 
I really had hoped for the Lions to be there, but ‘twas not to be. Momentum does not show up in analytics, but it is real. Even in electric football playing solitaire. I’ve been witness to games where one team seems to get on a roll and just defies explanation of how this can happen on speed turf with plastic players! But it does happen! I digress.

Happy Super Two Weeks, y’all!

Journey On!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

I could come close to making that happen!! Might not be mint but could be a very reasonable facsimile. We should talk. I have a number of game boards that are dented, scratched, rusted, graphics rubbing off that I am going to start restoring. That size the JC Penney and the Sears Super Bowls I have several of. We should talk. with today's technology and using vinyl car wrap graphics. I am just starting to work on this. 

I wish Tudor sold field covers with graphics from the classic Tudor fields--grass and blue EZ 620s, yellow EZ 610s, the first few Super Bowl fields (especially Chiefs/Vikings, etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zak99b5 said:

I wish Tudor sold field covers with graphics from the classic Tudor fields--grass and blue EZ 620s, yellow EZ 610s, the first few Super Bowl fields (especially Chiefs/Vikings, etc.

Interesting!! Have been working on this very thing with someone this morning. He has already designed several and I am going to be offering some restored vintage game boards with these also. PM if interested in talking about further. I can get you in contact with the person that is doing this. 

Thanks for suggesting and asking about. 

Oh Yeah, I think they already do some. 

Field Covers - Customize Boards - Customize (tudorgames.com)

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 4

On 1/30/2024 at 11:19 AM, Daryl Collins said:

Momentum does not show up in analytics, but it is real. Even in electric football playing solitaire. I’ve been witness to games where one team seems to get on a roll and just defies explanation of how this can happen on speed turf with plastic players! But it does happen!

Absolutely! 😃👍

Unfortunately I'm one of those Mr. Explain It people. I'm down to three explanations. The little plastic peeps get together at halftime and make adjustments while I'm sleeping (I play the first half Tuesday night and the Second Half Wednesday morning).

Or, subconsciously I'm making adjustments in my play calling.

Or, because I use dice for passing the laws of probability equalize as they are prone to do.

Enjoy the Momentum Change.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 5