Magnetic Field Covers

Daryl Collins

16 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

They are available for an additional $10.00. You have to specify vinyl or magnetic. 

I wish I had seen that.   Would have had it on my Christmas list.

No mention of the magnetic option in the description though and I guess I never scrolled down far enough to the prices to see the option.

• Like 2

I finally found it. 😃👍

Choose Field Cover Style 

Vinyl (non-removeable) 
 Magnetic (removeable) + $10.00

I wonder if there are any plans to license Big Sky Conference teams? I'm in the market for a magnetic Grizzlies field cover.

The University of Montana Grizzlies are ranked #2 in the FCS and are playing for the national championship. 

Perhaps a magnetic Montana Grizzly snow field?   Sooooo  Coooool  🎅

Enjoy the Journey.   T43   🏈♾️

Edited by Terry43
  • Like 2

I hope to have the money saved up to get the ultimate board after the first of the year. Do you guys prefer the magnetic field covers instead of the vinyl? I just want the grass field cover. Is the magnetic field easy to apply? Maybe this will get a laugh. I ordered a uni-form  to see if I could do it. I was struggling until my daughter in law came by and saw me trying to put the uni=forms on. she took over and had the team done in about an hour (Commanders). She has artistic talents and she said it was easy. I asked her if I got more of these uni-form would she put them on for me. She said she would but I had to volunteer at a dog rescue that she helps. two hours for each team. I ordered three more. It is a win - win for me because I love dogs.  I hope everyone enjoys their Holidays.

• Like 2

Coach T43, in the days of being able to produce almost anything on command, I don’t know why you couldn’t get your wish fulfilled. And when you do, I gotta see that field!

Coach TY62, I haven’t heard how well the magnetic game boards work or how easy placement is. I do know my vinyl Saints field cover was easy to install and has been a joy to play on. I do find myself wanting another cover, but I’ll have to put that on the back burner. I’m satisfied with what I have. Let me know if you get a magnetic field cover, how the installation goes, how it looks, how it plays and some pics!!

Journey On!

• Like 1

No Problem!! Might have to increase the board speed. But doesn't hurt the vinyl cover. If anything, it helps to improve the performance of the players because it tends to make them grip the field better. Less bouncing around. Unless you use nuts and bolts to add weight to the players like Terry43. Then a magnetic field cover might not be a good option.

4 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Unless you use nuts and bolts to add weight to the players like Terry43. Then a magnetic field cover might not be a good option.

Scared the #%&X!*# out of me. 🤢

So, my wife has a magnetic dishwasher cover. I took the dishwasher cover off and laid it on my football field. I put one of my nuts and bolts peeps on the dishwasher cover and turned the power on. The little peep took off (whew!) just like normal. 😃🙌

Brilliant observation. 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey (no matter how frightening).   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

as the figure moved off the magnet it did not noticeable change speed.

The figure changed direction also. 😃👍

What I know now is that I can go to Amazon and order a full size magnetic refrigerator cover, cut it down to 24" X 48", and add black (Sharpie) yard lines and hashmarks.

A whole new world of field covers has opened up to me. 

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

What I know now is that I can go to Amazon and order a full size magnetic refrigerator cover, cut it down to 24" X 48", and add black (Sharpie) yard lines and hashmarks.

A whole new world of field covers has opened up to me. 

Yeah, I thought that looked kind of cool. Better than some of the other designs I have seen people come up with. Personally, I am very traditional.  I just want a "green grass" football field without all the distractions on it. 

• Like 2