New CApanther tournament

Capanther

6 minutes ago, RickLM30 said:

I agree.  Some dead spots give the receiver a chance to make a move on the db or the ball carrier to juke away from a tackler... At least that's the way I look at it.  And you guys are right no play works the same way each time, even with the same players and bases!  Hmmm, sorta like real football. 😊

Rick when i was growing up i was lucky that i lived in a small town....we hung around together and spent the nice days playing football and basketball on the playgrounds and in big yards...but on the bad weather days we played electric football...in my neighborhood there were about 8 or 10 guys my age and we all had electric football games....only 2 or 3 just kind of played it a couple times and put it away for good...but the majority of us ...bought more teams and played it on all the bad weather days....its a great game 

• Like 1

Charlie,

Growing up, I didn't know anyone else who played electric football.  I moved around a bunch and was always able to find guys to play football, basketball, and baseball on the playgrounds, yards, & streets.  I was introduced to electric football by a classmate when I was in 5th grade and we played on his field almost every weekend for about a year before I moved away.  Finally got my own board about 2 years later and my 2 brothers and I played the heck out of it.  We all ended up with our own boards and played against each other until I went off to college.  I continued to play whenever I was home on break, but they stopped playing when they went to college - their loss.  😊 They left me their boards and players and I set up my own solitaire league, which I have been playing ever since.  It has provided me decades of great fun and enjoyment.

• Like 2

Oilers 16 jets 13

The oilers are afl champions and will meet the browns in the super bowl....the jets led 13 to 0 at the half but the oilers controlled the second half and won.....great jets represented include : 41 matt snell...32 emerson boozer...13 don maynard...83 george sauer...61 bob talamani...and 75 winston hill....great oilers from the past include : 34 earl Campbell ...44 charlie toler...00 ken burrough and 90 george webster....i will do a super bowl preview in the next post.

20210808_200859~2.jpg

20210808_202235~2.jpg

20210808_203136~2.jpg

20210808_210204~2.jpg

• Like 1

Super bowl preview

Since i started playing the tournament format....the browns have played in 4 super bowls...winning 3 over the bills .. oilers...and jets....they lost to the rams.....the oilers are 1 and 1 in super bowl play...losing to the browns and defeating the rams.....the browns will wear the rare hogleg white uniforms that are just like the 67 bigmen....this set is so rare that i only have 9 so i have added two 1967 bigmen to fill out the roster....the oilers will be in dark with the baby blue and silver uniforms.

20210808_210204~2.jpg

20210726_225653~2.jpg

20210725_172347~2.jpg

20210718_224703~2.jpg

20210707_221301~2.jpg

20210630_203800~2.jpg

20210605_012121~2.jpg

20210808_200859~2.jpg

Edited by Capanther
Add picture
  • Like 2

Another champion is crowned 

Oilers 17 browns 13

A surprise snow storm rolled in ...i bought one of tudors snow covers along with one of their older championship board fields on sale...the 36 x 18 field was a perfect fit for the snow cover and it looks cool.....the game was a good one that really got exciting in the 4th qt....the oilers led 7 to 6 at the half but some late big plays really made the game a thriller...i thought the browns were going to win because jim brown took a middle screen pass from frank ryan the distance with only 3 plays left to take a 13 to 10 lead....this was after frank ryan had made a great scramble on 4th and 12 to keep the browns alive....but then george blanda found te mack alston for a 48 yd td pass and the oilers pulled it out 17 to 13.....great players from the past include : 13 frank ryan...32 jim brown...71 walter johnson..44 leroy kelly...86 gary collins...66 gene hickerson...72 jerry sherk....and 42 paul warfield for the browns....super bowl champion oilers include : 16 blanda....44 charlie toler...00 ken burrough...82 alston...90 george webster....and 65 elvin bethea.....ill have to draw up a new tourney and play a couple more snow games before i put away the new field for awhile im sure....one thing about it...new field or old field...this game and hobby we share stands the test of time !

20210819_213224~2.jpg

20210819_213431~3.jpg

20210819_214358~2.jpg

20210819_214855~2.jpg

20210819_223017~2.jpg

20210819_223527~2.jpg

• Like 2

Thinking about my next tournament ...i think ill go with 13 nfc and 13 afc following the merger in 1970....ill play the games on my super bowl XI field ( Raiders vs Vikings) ...great graphics and it was the last big 620 the old tudor made...the first round games will be in the divisions at the time...( east..west..central )....the east in both conferences had 5 teams...the other 2 had 4 ...so i drew out one team to get a bye in each of the eastern divisions....the colts get a bye in the afc...the cardinals get a bye in the nfc.....first round games will be as followed:

Nfc west....w rams vs d falcons....w 49ers vs d saints....

Nfc central...w lions vs d bears...w vikings vs d packers

Nfc east....w redskins vs d giants....w eagles vs d cowboys....cardinals get bye 

Afc west...w chiefs vs d chargers...w broncos vs d raiders....

Afc central...w browns vs d bengals...w oilers vs d steelers

Afc east....d patriots vs d dolphins ...w bills vs d jets ....colts get bye

All the teams playing in the first round will be original tudor 1969 hoglegs except for the w chicken leg vikings from early 70s....and the patriots and dolphins will be tudor original 1967 bigmen.....ill probably start the tourney in about a week.

• Like 2

Well...i was looking at brackets...i guess ive never played all 13 teams in each conference....ill have to redo the brackets because it looks like 3 teams will have to have a 1st round bye for a 13 team bracket...oh well....back to the drawing board.

Edited by Capanther
  • Like 2