New here but not to EF🙂

Wassup folks i’m new here but i’ve been playing ef for a while now. I run a solitaire college league with made up recruits/players. i’m currently in the final week, week 8 of season 4 where Alabama and Georgia lead the country at 6-1. if you have any questions i’d be glad to answer them, “What teams are in the league”, Rules, Best Players or even history/stats.

Attached is a video from Michigan Vs Florida where Qb #5 Josh Riptide launched a deep ball to Wr #82 Morgan Daniels for a TD and i also attached a picture of the qb view of the pass.

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.327d63a4df2273b9907bd42ad93337fe.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Davis said:

Welcome Coach Jaye! How many teams are in your league? Hoping you have Penn State!

What’s up i’ve had 9 teams in the league in seasons 1-3 Alabama, Florida, Georgia representing the SEC. Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State representing the Big10. And finally Florida State, LSU, and Texas repping the ACC.

BUT i’m excited to announce 1 team will be joining each conference. Auburn to the SEC, Oregon to the Big10, and USC to the ACC bringing the league total to 12CFBTeams.jpeg.thumb.png.0ef2eaa2e1700f38c8b2cd3b5c5519e6.png

1 minute ago, Jayethekxng said:

CFBTeams.jpeg.thumb.png.0ef2eaa2e1700f38c8b2cd3b5c5519e6.png

i would like to add my main reason for having coaches is because they play a big part in how your team plays(schemes) and how they recruit. coaches get recruiting points based off of how well they’re doing and can give out 15 scholarships per season. championship teams get 17 scholarships and coaches are subject to being fired no one is safe in this league😂👍

• Like 2

Hi Coach Jayethekxng and welcome to Tudor's Forum.

Nine teams is great!  I have 21 teams.

4 hours ago, Jayethekxng said:

i would like to add my main reason for having coaches is because they play a big part in how your team plays(schemes) and how they recruit. coaches get recruiting points based off of how well they’re doing and can give out 15 scholarships per season. championship teams get 17 scholarships and coaches are subject to being fired no one is safe in this league😂👍

In your league how do coaches on the sideline interact with players on the field to make the game more interesting? 

I've thought about using a dice throw that provides inspiration points that can be used at key moments in the game but I've never implemented the idea.

I agree with Coach Shawn, beautiful pass.

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terry43 said:

Nine teams is great!  I have 21 teams.

In your league how do coaches on the sideline interact with players on the field to make the game more interesting?

Yes i’m finally doing an expansion to 12 teams but i’ll probably only do 15 at most only because recruiting for more may be hard. 

To answer you question about coaches they play more of an off the field role with recruiting and schemes but once a game i do a dice roll if the away team blows a big play then 1-14 the coach explodes and gets a penalty 15-20 nothing happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jayethekxng said:

recruiting and schemes but once a game

I like the penalty idea!

How do the coaches do recruiting?

For me recruiting is a visit to the Tudor web page, or the ITZ page, or most likely eBay to buy new bases and players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

I like the penalty idea!

For me recruiting is a visit to the Tudor web page, or the ITZ page, or most likely eBay to buy new bases and players. 

coaches get a certain number of points and scholarships based off their previous season(s). i make up a bunch of names and paint figures as recruits(in all white) and base them up. then coaches put points on recruits they want then i roll a 6 sided die to determine his school out of the 3 that gave him the most points. hopefully i explained that well enough

• Like 2

Hi, and Welcome to the Tudor Games Forum, I am the Founder and Curator of The National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum.

18 hours ago, Jayethekxng said:

“What teams are in the league”, Rules, Best Players or even history/stats.

I would like to know more about everything involved with this league. Can you put together some form of document about this league that I can keep in the files of the Museum? And as many pics as possible. 

Thanks, Chris LeMay

9 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Hi, and Welcome to the Tudor Games Forum, I am the Founder and Curator of The National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum.

I would like to know more about everything involved with this league. Can you put together some form of document about this league that I can keep in the files of the Museum? And as many pics as possible. 

Thanks, Chris LeMay

yes i can i appreciate the intrigue i’d be happy to put out as much info about it as possible

32 minutes ago, Jayethekxng said:

yes i can i appreciate the intrigue i’d be happy to put out as much info about it as possible

Great Thanks. You can email me the info at nefgm2019@gmail. here is a link to one that I have added to the files of the NEFGM to give you an idea what i am looking for. 

The Campbell ELECTRIC FOOTBALL League

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 2

I enjoyed this thread. I have all 33 of the professional teams. Thinking the number of desired college teams I'd want is a really scary big number. Plus, I'd probably find myself overly biased toward the Ohio State Buckeyes. Mom and Dad met there. Not that it matters but my grandfather was a drum major there or as I like to call him, the Grand Pooh-bah of the marching band.  Wilbert Pettegrew: 1931 | The Ohio State University Marching and Athletic Bands (osu.edu) Blessings, Curt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I enjoyed this thread. I have all 33 of the professional teams. Thinking the number of desired college teams I'd want is a really scary big number. Plus, I'd probably find myself overly biased toward the Ohio State Buckeyes. Mom and Dad met there. Not that it matters but my grandfather was a drum major there or as I like to call him, the Grand Pooh-bah of the marching band.  Wilbert Pettegrew: 1931 | The Ohio State University Marching and Athletic Bands (osu.edu) Blessings, Curt

33 team league sounds cool. and that’s awesome your mom and dad met at OSU ima Bama fan and find myself always being hurt when they aren’t playing well so todays game in ef wasn’t easy😂 but yea i’d really like to do a super expansion one of these seasons and go from 12 to 20 teams

• Like 2

I’d really like to do a super expansion one of these seasons and go from 12 to 20 teams - It all depends on how you want your league to function and what time frame you have envisioned for your league. Let me demonstrate with my 33 teams.
My criteria is to have an even number of home and away games for each team and to complete a season in a calendar year. 11 divisions of 3 [first started in alphabetical order] make its regimen. at the season's end, they are ranked 1-33 for the next season's division placement. I'll use my top division as my example and let you multiply each round by 11.
2 hosts 3, 3 hosts 1, 1 hosts 2, 3 hosts 2, 1 hosts 3, 2 hosts 1. 6 games per division x 11 divisions = 66 regular season games with each team playing 2 home and 2 away games. They then are reordered for the next season according to 1st by W-T-L record, then 2nd by total points scored, then 3rd by total points allowed. Only twice in 19 seasons have 2 teams tied in all 3 criteria and the tiebreaker came from the previous season's performance stats. Does that all make sense? On to the playoff structure.
The wildcard [best of the second-place teams] visits the 11th place division winner. That winner visits the 4th place division winner. 10 visits 9 to whose winner gets to visit the 3rd place division winner. 8 visits 7 to visit 2 and 5 visits 4 to visit 1. They all then whittle themselves down to the Superbowl winner which totals 11 games.
Season total then is 77 games per season. Completing them in a year is easily achieved by following a schedule of playing a quarter per day. There are a total of 26 two-week periods in a calendar year. If you play 3 games in a 2-week period, you come up with 78 opportunities to complete 77 games or as I like to figure it, begin your season New Year's week and Christmas makes for a delightful Superbowl.
But then again, it all depends on how you want your league to function and what time frame you have envisioned for your league. Good luck. Blessings, Curt 🙂 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Curt said:

I’d really like to do a super expansion one of these seasons and go from 12 to 20 teams - It all depends on how you want your league to function and what time frame you have envisioned for your league. Let me demonstrate with my 33 teams.
My criteria is to have an even number of home and away games for each team and to complete a season in a calendar year. 11 divisions of 3 [first started in alphabetical order] make its regimen. at the season's end, they are ranked 1-33 for the next season's division placement. I'll use my top division as my example and let you multiply each round by 11.
2 hosts 3, 3 hosts 1, 1 hosts 2, 3 hosts 2, 1 hosts 3, 2 hosts 1. 6 games per division x 11 divisions = 66 regular season games with each team playing 2 home and 2 away games. They then are reordered for the next season according to 1st by W-T-L record, then 2nd by total points scored, then 3rd by total points allowed. Only twice in 19 seasons have 2 teams tied in all 3 criteria and the tiebreaker came from the previous season's performance stats. Does that all make sense? On to the playoff structure.
The wildcard [best of the second-place teams] visits the 11th place division winner. That winner visits the 4th place division winner. 10 visits 9 to whose winner gets to visit the 3rd place division winner. 8 visits 7 to visit 2 and 5 visits 4 to visit 1. They all then whittle themselves down to the Superbowl winner which totals 11 games.
Season total then is 77 games per season. Completing them in a year is easily achieved by following a schedule of playing a quarter per day. There are a total of 26 two-week periods in a calendar year. If you play 3 games in a 2-week period, you come up with 78 opportunities to complete 77 games or as I like to figure it, begin your season New Year's week and Christmas makes for a delightful Superbowl.
But then again, it all depends on how you want your league to function and what time frame you have envisioned for your league. Good luck. Blessings, Curt 🙂 

this is definitely one of the cooler ways. i’ve seen ef played i love that. everyone can envision their own league and make it come to life. i appreciate you sharing some feedback it’ll no doubt be kept in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:54 PM, Jayethekxng said:

Wassup folks i’m new here but i’ve been playing ef for a while now. I run a solitaire college league with made up recruits/players. i’m currently in the final week, week 8 of season 4 where Alabama and Georgia lead the country at 6-1. if you have any questions i’d be glad to answer them, “What teams are in the league”, Rules, Best Players or even history/stats.

Attached is a video from Michigan Vs Florida where Qb #5 Josh Riptide launched a deep ball to Wr #82 Morgan Daniels for a TD and i also attached a picture of the qb view of the pass.

IMG_8738.mov 23.62 MB · 1 download  

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.327d63a4df2273b9907bd42ad93337fe.jpeg

Welcome to the show!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:46 PM, Terry43 said:

I like the penalty idea!

The overall verdict on ITZ player bases product performance and being used in the LIEFL is in. We tested those 20 ITZ bases that were purchased for the LIEFL for our upcoming 2024 season.  JUST AN HONEST OPINION: Not sure what all the hoopla is about with the ITZ bases that were deemed "Advanced Play Bases" If this is what they are using in tournaments, based on the LIEFL Draft results after vetting all 20 ITZ bases we purchased, we feel we wasted $35 on junk. Every single ITZ base was literally annihilated by a single Tudor's TTC base that was in the LIEFL draft. Literally the resistance was horrible. We believed that the ITZ was the new wave of competition, but after our LIEFL third round TTC draft pick for the upcoming season destroyed every ITZ player base,  in this case they caved and were a total bust. We gave the bases away already and wish we could get our money back. They won't be playing in this high performance vetted league.  Statistically, we would have to buy hundreds to find a few powerhouses, and at that price, it isn't worth it. That's not to say you may find a few great bases, but to us, they are not worth their weight in gold and they are way overpriced.

Edited by Long island EFL
INFO ADDED
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Long island EFL said:

Those are good numbers.Wow! Most the LIEFL ever had in a season is 26 by Tampa Bay's Brad Culpepper who broke Houston Oilers George Rheiner's 24 record. Love the data that supports the player's season.

keeping stats is one of my favorite parts about ef it makes it feel like my players are working for something and makes the best players feel like they’re the best

1 hour ago, Long island EFL said:

The overall verdict on ITZ player bases product performance and being used in the LIEFL is in. We tested those 20 ITZ bases that were purchased for the LIEFL for our upcoming 2024 season.  JUST AN HONEST OPINION: Not sure what all the hoopla is about with the ITZ bases that were deemed "Advanced Play Bases" If this is what they are using in tournaments, based on the LIEFL Draft results after vetting all 20 ITZ bases we purchased, we feel we wasted $35 on junk. Every single ITZ base was literally annihilated by a single Tudor's TTC base that was in the LIEFL draft. Literally the resistance was horrible. We believed that the ITZ was the new wave of competition, but after our LIEFL third round TTC draft pick for the upcoming season destroyed every ITZ player base,  in this case they caved and were a total bust. We gave the bases away already and wish we could get our money back. They won't be playing in this high performance vetted league.  Statistically, we would have to buy hundreds to find a few powerhouses, and at that price, it isn't worth it. That's not to say you may find a few great bases, but to us, they are not worth their weight in gold and they are way overpriced.

question are these the starter bases you speak of or different itz bases because i was thinking about giving starter bases a try.

• Like 1