And this is why....

This is why i do what I do and the very purpose for which I created the National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum. This is one of my wife's student's that she tutors. She specializes in working with kids who have dyslexia.

20240203_164338.thumb.jpg.da65b3b6f57e6cfe0d208078f126ae05.jpg

Afterwards after my wife sent these videos and pics to the kid's mother, this was her response!! 

How cute! He talked about that the entire way home. THANK YOU!!

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, Coach Shawn said:

Awesome.  It is great to see young people getting excited about Electric Football.

I wish I could get my sons to play.  But no luck there.

Yeah, tried to get my 3 Grandson's interested a while back. Bought them one of the small portable games Miggle sold, but they don't live close and haven't even been able to see them in 5 years. So, I doubt very seriously they even play the game or even still have the game anymore. 

• Like 2

Apologies for taking so long to respond to this one but I really wanted to do this one the justice it deserves. For those who know me, I pre-write a lot of my posts in Notebook first, to make them flow as smoothly as possible and second, to make them as clear as possible. A lot has run through my mind about this awesome post which I see has now been close to a month since it got published. Let me begin by quoting nefgm.org - "This is why i do what I do and the very purpose for which I created the National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum. This is one of my wife's student's that she tutors. She specializes in working with kids who have dyslexia." and Coach Shawn "Awesome.  It is great to see young people getting excited about Electric Football."
Sir Chris, I once said and still believe today and always, if anyone could make EF famous or be famous because of their involvement with it, it would be you. A post from long ago told y'all how the 15-year-old son of a church friend and my oldest foster girl of 7 years both really enjoy the game. It is a great pleasure to now add to that, a border-line autistic 9-year-old boy, the son of one of my church choir members. 
Having learned he loves miniature toys, upon which I gave him the remainder of my model railroad sized cars that I found, and a wee bit reluctantly as I find I'm still protective of this one remaining and favorite hobby of mine, I told him to wait until he sees my EF collection. The rest they say is history. There have been a few kids that didn't have an interest in EF but now 3 game loving kids is a good number. 🙂 
I remember a post from long ago about EF being an addiction of sorts. I don't know where these kids will end up, but I know this about myself. I've been playing this game for just over 50 years now. Being semi-retired [working only part time], and just like today, thoughts about EF occupy my day while working. Perusing the Tudor EF forums until the need to stop and go play at least a set of downs if not a full quarter or more when I get home, I think qualifies me for an EF addict if not just a crazy EF fanatic. Anyway, I'll quit rambling. I hope this made sense. Blessings to all, Curt 🙂 

• Like 3

Awesome reply, Curt Thanks!! I understand your reluctance to turn over your model railroad sized cars to the borderline autistic 9-year-old. I would up going the next day to buy a newer Tudor Games model 9082 game board that I had been watching for a while on Facebook Marketplace. It was someone that I had bought some stuff from before. But because this young man was a Titans fan, I wound up putting my 2 favorite teams from my solitaire league (the Tennessee Titans and Tennessee Oilers with the bases) to create a Titans edition game set along with a Titans team name end zone sticker. It did "pain" me to do this, but since I have not played solitaire in over a year, it wasn't really that big a deal, and besides I can always paint new teams for my solitaire league. Unfortunately, I was not home when my wife gave the game to the kid and from what she has told me it was a big hit with his older brother and Father. who have since been to my "museum" to see the rest of my collections. So, in the end it was very well worth it to give this family the gift of this special electric football game and again the whole reason I do what I do and the main reason the museum was created. 

• Like 3

You are welcome...The rest is understandable and also very kewl...kind of an afterthought...I wonder if Harlin was more intrigued by the players buzzing around the board than trying to understand and negotiate plays and strategies, but he certainly enjoyed the game. 🙂

• Like 3

When I show electric football to kids for the first time, I mainly just set the players up in an offensive and defensive formation and turn the game on. Yes, I think they are more fascinated by the fact that the players actually run and move on their own. I have let kids spend 15 to 20 minutes just setting up the players however they want and watching them run without really getting into setting up actual plays and trying to teach them how the game is actually played. I leave it up to the kids to decide if they want to actually get into the nuances of learning how to play the game like it was intended to be played. It is usually the older kids who have some understanding of how to play real football that actually want to learn how to pass and kick the ball and how to make tackles and play an actual game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1