Jump to content

2024 Road to the Haiti Bowl


Recommended Posts

Kicking off my annual Haiti Bowl playoffs.

 

First up was the AFC top seed Jets vs the Wild Card Dolphins. Back and forth game. Dolphins struck first and never trailed, until the last play. On fourth and 4 from the Dolphins 16 yd line, the Jets gambled and went for it. QB broke off a 16 yd TD run to win. 

IMG_20240127_213800641.jpg

IMG_20240127_214324825.jpg

IMG_20240127_222947830.jpg

IMG_20240127_215929089.jpg

IMG_20240127_222539325.jpg

IMG_20240127_233215235.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TripleOption67 let me take a moment and praise your choice of electric football fields. Absolute beauty. It has those rolled-steel double-sided walls that are really solid. Paint looks great.

You may have posted this previously and I missed the post; do all your teams ride on the double clips bases?

In the fourth picture is your QB #11 blocking for your tailback #28? In electric football I believe QBs should be blocking. With or without the QB blocking the Jets have great offensive line surge. I can understand why the Jets are the top seed.

What does the road to the Haiti Bowl look like? Eight teams? Sixteen teams? Which teams?

Is it the Haiti Bowl because all of your plastic peeps are Haiti players?

I hope that's not too many questions. I'm just trying to get a feel for your endeavor. Thank you.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

TripleOption67 let me take a moment and praise your choice of electric football fields. Absolute beauty. It has those rolled-steel double-sided walls that are really solid. Paint looks great.

You may have posted this previously and I missed the post; do all your teams ride on the double clips bases?

In the fourth picture is your QB #11 blocking for your tailback #28? In electric football I believe QBs should be blocking. With or without the QB blocking the Jets have great offensive line surge. I can understand why the Jets are the top seed.

What does the road to the Haiti Bowl look like? Eight teams? Sixteen teams? Which teams?

Is it the Haiti Bowl because all of your plastic peeps are Haiti players?

I hope that's not too many questions. I'm just trying to get a feel for your endeavor. Thank you.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

No worries. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions.

 

About 10 yrs ago or so, maybe longer, I decided to have my own playoffs/ Super Bowl if you will using only Haiti era teams. Hence the Haiti Bowl name. The main reason is those were the era of teams I had growing up when I got my first board. Plus, personally, the most beautiful teams Tudor ever produced.

I randomly draw a team from each of the 3 AFC and NFC divisions from that era, mid/late 70s. Those are my division champs. And one Wild Card from the remainder of teams. The champs are redrawn for seeding 1-WC, 2-3. So 4 teams each conference. AFC champ plays NFC champ in the Haiti Bowl.

Yes I only use double clip, non tweaked rookie bases. They are also randomly drawn and placed on the players. So you never know what your players are going to do until you turn the game on.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main thing I love about solitaire play, is every coach seems to have their own individual style. Just as I respect Coach T43 and his totally immersive style, I absolutely love your decision to go with double clip bases on random draw. Excellent posts, one and all!

Journey On!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Game 2 in the books. The NFC #1 Seed Eagles vs the Wild Card Cardinals. Eagles struck first and held the lead at half time. The Cardinals come out of halftime and rip off a 78 yd TD to tie the game. However the Eagles answer with a 68 yd TD run to go back in front. The Cardinals them cap off a 75 yd drive with a 33 yd TD run to force overtime. The Cardinals got the ball first and get a 61 yd run and get a FG to upset the Eagles.

IMG_20240128_174111255.jpg

IMG_20240128_174755241.jpg

IMG_20240128_175325204.jpg

IMG_20240128_175337822.jpg

IMG_20240128_205944483.jpg

IMG_20240128_210002397.jpg

IMG_20240128_210018051.jpg

IMG_20240128_212136458.jpg

Edited by TripleOption67
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

The main thing I love about solitaire play, is every coach seems to have their own individual style. Just as I respect Coach T43 and his totally immersive style, I absolutely love your decision to go with double clip bases on random draw. Excellent posts, one and all!

Journey On!

This is the first year I’ve used bases that were tweaked really well.  I have more fun trying to execute plays, but the spirit of electric football is the same either way.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

The main thing I love about solitaire play, is every coach seems to have their own individual style.

Completely agree Coach Collins. 😃👍

I am a bit immersive. 🙄 It's not my fault. I love the game! 😍

13 hours ago, TripleOption67 said:

I randomly draw a team from each of the 3 AFC and NFC divisions from that era, mid/late 70s. Those are my division champs. And one Wild Card from the remainder of teams. The champs are redrawn for seeding 1-WC, 2-3. So 4 teams each conference. AFC champ plays NFC champ in the Haiti Bowl.

Our approach is very similar. You start with eight teams and I start my double-elimination tournament with eight teams. I calculate you play 7 games in a season which includes the Haiti Bowl and I play 13 games which includes my Fruit Bowl. I probably should change the name to the Tossed-Salad Bowl because I have a little bit of everything tossed in. 😉

Thanks for the pictures. Those first and second year Haiti players have remarkable paint.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greg F said:

This is the first year I’ve used bases that were tweaked really well

After decades of playing I'm still of the philosophy that the best way to tweak is to play the bases. The friction of the plastic against the steel does a remarkable job of revealing the true nature of the base and attached player. I would guess that TripleOption67's bases are tweaked to perfection by now. 😃👍

I do make sure the prongs are pointing backwards and the prongs usually need a bit of heat to harden the tips, but that's it.

I love to watch the players execute a play as I designed the play, and I also love those unexpected tackles and unexpected turns up field for touchdowns. 😍

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also got in the second NFC semi. Packers vs the 49ers. This one was all Packers. They dominated from the outset. Started out with a 43 yd TD run. Followed by a 94 yd drive culminating with a 16 yd rushing TD and just kept rolling to an easy win.

 

Next up the AFC championship between the Jets and Browns & the NFC title between the Packers and Cardinals.

IMG_20240203_170932373.jpg

IMG_20240203_215339040.jpg

IMG_20240203_215356827.jpg

IMG_20240203_215809971.jpg

IMG_20240203_222840963.jpg

IMG_20240203_222850785.jpg

IMG_20240203_223238818.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to pick the Jets. I appreciate when an offensive line gets good downfield push,  open a hole, and the running back (#28) hits the hole like a rocket sled on wheels. That's what I see here:

IMG_20240204_151520881.jpg.eb4991912258b7d631eb07b1967c0d08.thumb.jpeg.a7da3626f62df3c50bbc9f216c4de807.jpeg

I know the Cardinals won the NFL championship on a 75 yard run, but I don't see offensive line movement for the Cardinals like I see for the Jets. Maybe the Cardinals depend on their defense a bit too much. 

Just speculating before the big game! Thanks for the pictures.😃👍

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Terry43 said:

I love to watch the players execute a play as I designed the play, and I also love those unexpected tackles and unexpected turns up field for touchdowns. 😍

Funny you should mention unexpected turns up field Coach Terry. Late in the third quarter of last night's Raiders at Rams game with the Raiders trailing 7-6, Arthur Wittington caught a pass from Jim Plunkett. Wittington was at an 85 degree angle heading out of bounce with probably 2 inches to go. So I'm thinking, okay good gain he'll go out at about the 17 yard line. Oh contraire; Mr. Wittington decides to turn up field and tip-toe up the sideline for what turned out to be the winning touchdown! Major credit to the Raider D for stopping the Rams 13 yards short of scoring the tying TD on the last play of the game. Lester Hayes intercepts the last-ditch pass in the endzone to end the game. Raiders 14 Rams 7. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

Lester Hayes intercepts the last-ditch pass in the endzone to end the game. Raiders 14 Rams 7. 

Lester the Molester! In high school I wanted to be that guy. All of us in the secondary started dangling our arms like Lester.

12 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

Oh contraire; Mr. Wittington decides to turn up field and tip-toe up the sideline for what turned out to be the winning touchdown!

I just love it when that happens! 😃👍

Coach Davis, I've lost track of where you are in your season or playoffs. How many teams are in your league?

Just curious. Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

Every single game has a playoff feel to it; a sense of urgency. 

Absolutely, Coach Davis. That do-or-die feeling commands my complete attention.

That's why I transitioned from the classic 8-game Season structure to the double elimination tournament. Losing the first game is okay. As the coach that first loss helps me figure out the weak spots, bring up players from the practice team, and do some additional tweaking. However, I (as the coach) can't afford a second loss. The pressure is on to win.

The 3-game season is an excellent way to make the game much more fun.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43         🏈♾️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haiti Bowl 2024 is in the books.

A defensive struggle between the Jets and Cardinals. The Cardinals were first to get on the board with a FG and that was the halftime score. The Jets defense shutout the Cardinals in the second half and the offense had a two play 86 yd TD drive capped off by a 57yd TD run to secure the win. 7-3. 

 

 

IMG_20240210_122006453.jpg

IMG_20240210_131415030.jpg

IMG_20240210_130033359.jpg

IMG_20240210_130439407.jpg

IMG_20240210_130520954.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like lightning struck twice. I grabbed this picture from the beginning of the Playoffs when the Jets played the Dolphins.

Was #11 the MVP of the Haiti Bowl? Of the Playoffs?

image.png.f9a417bd40102eb102c15b8d6b024db0.png

Thank you. Enjoyed your Journey.     T43.    🏈♾️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

Looks like lightning struck twice. I grabbed this picture from the beginning of the Playoffs when the Jets played the Dolphins.

Was #11 the MVP of the Haiti Bowl? Of the Playoffs?

image.png.f9a417bd40102eb102c15b8d6b024db0.png

Thank you. Enjoyed your Journey.     T43.    🏈♾️

You know, I honestly didn't even realize that. Very observant of you to notice. Guess I hindsight he deserves to be MVP. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2024 at 5:05 PM, TripleOption67 said:

Kicking off my annual Haiti Bowl playoffs.

 

First up was the AFC top seed Jets vs the Wild Card Dolphins. Back and forth game. Dolphins struck first and never trailed, until the last play. On fourth and 4 from the Dolphins 16 yd line, the Jets gambled and went for it. QB broke off a 16 yd TD run to win. 

IMG_20240127_213800641.jpg

IMG_20240127_214324825.jpg

IMG_20240127_222947830.jpg

IMG_20240127_215929089.jpg

IMG_20240127_222539325.jpg

IMG_20240127_233215235.jpg

Beautiful work love the coverage and the team looks. I remember those. What a welcome addition with goal post and ball in hand as well. Run up the stats too love to hear all about it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, TripleOption67 said:

Haiti Bowl 2024 is in the books.

A defensive struggle between the Jets and Cardinals. The Cardinals were first to get on the board with a FG and that was the halftime score. The Jets defense shutout the Cardinals in the second half and the offense had a two play 86 yd TD drive capped off by a 57yd TD run to secure the win. 7-3. 

 

 

IMG_20240210_122006453.jpg

IMG_20240210_131415030.jpg

IMG_20240210_130033359.jpg

IMG_20240210_130439407.jpg

IMG_20240210_130520954.jpg

Looks like he is flying

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, TripleOption67 said:

Haiti Bowl 2024 is in the books.

A defensive struggle between the Jets and Cardinals. The Cardinals were first to get on the board with a FG and that was the halftime score. The Jets defense shutout the Cardinals in the second half and the offense had a two play 86 yd TD drive capped off by a 57yd TD run to secure the win. 7-3. 

 

 

IMG_20240210_122006453.jpg

IMG_20240210_131415030.jpg

IMG_20240210_130033359.jpg

IMG_20240210_130439407.jpg

IMG_20240210_130520954.jpg

They seem to have a very good running attack!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Posting Guidelines

Please follow the Rules to ensure that the forums promote fun and productive conversations. We value the free flow of information. We can't offer that in what we believe to be an unsafe or illegal environment. See the section on "Selling Unlicensed Products and/or Services". Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums. 

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use.