Help desde España

Oscar España

Hello coaches, my name is Oscar, and I'm from Spain. I'm a football fan, and I started discovering electric football a while ago. I would like to get started, but I have a sea of doubts, and what is worse, the distance, which makes everything more expensive and more difficult to fix. I would like to start in the world, where? The deluxe field pack comes out for about 110 euros, and it comes with everything, but I have seen some video on YouTube that doesn't leave it in a good place, and I don't want to have an initial bad experience that makes me abandon. Or the mini field, do you? More expensive, but better built. I'm in good with all your answers. Thank you!!

Edited by Oscar España
Traducción
  • Like 2

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. Great to see an American Football fan on here from another country other than the US and Canada. I know of some of the videos you are referring to that aren't very flattering concerning this game and hobby, but then every game and hobby has some of those who have had a bad experience with their particular interest and feel the need to let the world know about it on YouTube.  I know it is difficult to get electric football games and products to other countries and very expensive. That is why even Tudor Games is reluctant to ship them to Europe or overseas.  Most people on here are more than willing to help as much as possible and will do all that they can to help you get started. You can find out a lot about the game, it's history and how to play it on my website, The National Electric Facebook Game Museum.  Of course, Tudor Games has everything to get you started and I would suggest contacting them directly to see what they can do for you and answer any questions you might have. The new owner Bryan Nutt is very knowledgeable about all things electric football and can certainly answer all questions and any concerns regarding any of their products and services. There are also several very good Electric Football related Groups on Facebook. Here is one that I administrate, The Electric Football Community. 

Again, welcome and let us know how we may best help you. 

Chris LeMay

• Like 1

Thank you very much coach, I write it while watching Baltimore against Hounston. Yes, I contacted Bryan, but he stopped answering me, I guess he is very busy, it was at the time that I asked him if they sent to Spain jjjjjjj there is a guy from Germany who makes some great videos. And he also had the same problem. I don't know whether to go to EBay and buy second-hand, he is confused by the distance. So the Deluxe 9082 would be a good buy?

Edited by Oscar España
Traducción
  • Like 2

Hi Oscar. I have a Barcelona Dragons football jersey. One of my NFL Europa favorites. 😃👍 Sorry NFL Europa went out of business.😪

I live in Cody, Wyoming 🤠 and I've been playing electric football since 1965. I'm not sure any of my opinions will be helpful but here goes.

🤔How much space do you have? 

I converted a third bathroom into my football room. I have a Tudor Ultimate electric football field and in my opinion the wider field is better for executing sweeps. Regardless of the size you decide on, invest in two motion generators.

🤔Will you play solitaire or in a league?

If you play solitaire then eBay is great. Lots of older bases that are inexpensive. Just make sure the bases you're buying haven't been tweaked. Don't buy someone else's mistakes.

If you play in a league then you need to become proficient at tweaking ITZ and Tudor Proline bases. This will cost you hundreds of dollars. 🤑 That's just part of the hobby. When ITZ first released their CL-2 bases I spent over $500. just so I could get to know the CL-2 bases.

19 hours ago, Oscar España said:

I don't want to have an initial bad experience that makes me abandon.

🤔What's a bad experience?

I've been playing for 40 years and I have 21 teams and I haven't had an experience so bad I just up and quit. In my experience there aren't any bad experiences, just learning experiences. Electric football is not "Plug and Play." The learning curve can be steep because you literally have to learn how every single base performs. Then you have to invent a system to help you remember. Many coaches write on the bases to help them remember how the base performs. I'm one of them.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Hello Coach Terry, I am pleased to hear from people who have read so much. This year the NFL Europe begins again, with the Madrid Bravos. When the Dragons played, Barcelona was an enviable city, now…. Let's go in parts. 1, I'm bad about space, whatever size it is, I'll have to put it in and take it out, the apartments in my country are not the size of the USA and even less so in my city, which is a monumental city, and even less so with 3 children. Therefore, the size, whatever it is, is wrong. 2. I will play 100% alone, with a view to getting my children interested and playing with me. I have seen a Pro Bowl on EBay that I think might interest me, size 9092, and with 3 teams, it would be risking buying something second-hand, which I don't like, because I buy everything new. Bases would have to be purchased separately, because nothing more comes with invisibases. 3. Bad experience I mean on the playing field, I already take the base training system for granted, and it doesn't scare me, because I like to qualify and try things. The worst thing is a pitch with electronic failures or dents, that is a problem for me, and even more so from this distance. While watching the game yesterday I tried to make a purchase, and Tudor only ships to Germany and France, not to my country, so...I have no chance to buy anything new. Greetings and I appreciate his words.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oscar España said:

whatever size it is, I'll have to put it in and take it out,

Okay. I can work with that.  Based on my experience the early model 660 was built very solid. I'm not sure it will make the trip across the Atlantic unscathed, but if any field has a chance it is this field.

image.thumb.png.11269f093f7a74f329c5523bd6d79402.pngThis one is on eBay now.

I have two 660 model. Note the game has Super Bowl written on all four sides.

Storing flat is probably best, but the beauty of the 620 is you can hang it like a picture on the wall. This is my 620 hanging on my wall. Now the 620 is really tough. Double rolled steel on all four sides. 

100_3978.png.c73ac3a0c0321fad6dd8f0da97d150f4.png

AVOID the model 6072. It is very flimsy and prone to denting and warping.🤔👎

it would be risking buying something second-hand, which I don't like, because I buy everything new.

image.thumb.png.d8e2154bc2f859092e2b84d774483eac.png

it would be risking buying something second-hand, which I don't like, because I buy everything new.

I admire your philosophy but I don't agree.  Some of my best bases on my best teams are 60 years old. Here's a video of some old bases I just purchased on eBay. I will spend most of 2024 familiarizing myself with all these bases but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Just remember to email the seller and make sure the bases haven't been tweaked. Also, stay away from the Red Peg TTC bases.

because nothing more comes with invisibases.

I tried invisi-bases and I don't like them. None of my teams ride on Invisi-bases. Oh well, each to his own. 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 3

Hello again everyone!! Well, in the end I have moved forward. I was able to buy at a very good price on EBay, a Pro Bowl 9092 Falcons Edition, with 3 teams, one of them not taken out of the bag, and with stickers and so on intact. The seller tells me that it is in perfect condition and for the price it was worth the risk, about 170 euros in total is a good price, given in my country. Now go if ITZ sends to my country, and New Level Authentic and Undefeated figures, which I really like, but the same thing, I don't know if they will send to Spain, I have a friend in the USA but he won't return to Spain until Christmas. So, coaches, thank you very much, when the field arrives I will open a post to show it.

• Like 5

Well, my electric soccer field has arrived!! I am super happy, it has arrived in very good condition, and with everything complete. The field, except for a couple of imperfections, is perfect, I have already tried it and the first dummy I put on has crossed the entire field!!! Then others have done worse. My daughters are excited about the new toy, first I will have to prepare the bases well.

IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg

• Like 1

I've found the strong invisibases to be pretty good performers overall, with a higher percentage of useable ones out of the bag compared to TTC or rookie bases. The best TTC base is a good bit better than the best invisibase, though, and not a small benefit is the "steering" control.

The fast invisibase skis, however, I've found lacking.

• Like 3

Hello friends, thank you for your joy. I have to say, surprisingly, the invisibases worked more or less well right out of the box!!! jjjjj Even so, today, I also received Blitz bases, the ITZ, and also a package of the lightning ones. I'll get some pliers on Sunday, so I'll start modifying them.

• Like 3

Hello coaches, I want to reflect on my progress with the game. I'm still waiting for the 808 figures, but I've been modifying bases, and here's my experience. I modified ITZ bases, I transformed them so that they were strong, and I succeeded, they also run quite well, if I face them against the invisible bases I beat them by a lot. The invisible foundations have not been as strong as I thought. I also modified Blitz lightning fast bases, they are fast, but I have not achieved super speed, on the contrary, I was amazed with the invisible speed bases, with a little work the figures run a lot and some of them were already modified. They are very similar in speed to the Blitz, although these are much stronger. So I'm pretty happy with both foundation brands. Today I am going to do a competition to mark each base by score, so that when I play I can create advantages and disadvantages.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 4:39 PM, Oscar España said:

Well, my electric soccer field has arrived!! I am super happy, it has arrived in very good condition, and with everything complete. The field, except for a couple of imperfections, is perfect, I have already tried it and the first dummy I put on has crossed the entire field!!! Then others have done worse. My daughters are excited about the new toy, first I will have to prepare the bases well.

IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg

Congratulations! Now you can begin your new journey playing Electric football and you can carry on the tradition in Spain!

• Like 1