Coaches please read and respond

Jay

Happy New Year and Happy wishes to all of you and whatever you have going on with this fine hobby. I have an issue with my previous order from Tudor. I spent almost $350 on it and have already placed future orders. The issue with my first order is that I ordered 6 custom painted teams. They came out nice. I went with the option of getting the fab five figures. The website shows that you’ll receive the figures that have the painted platforms and painted skin tones. However, I received teams that were painted with the plain all white figures, the ones for $8. The figures with skin tones go for $10. This doesn’t set well with me. The platforms on the top are painted green and the bottom is white. As a collector of these figures for over 40 years I definitely know the difference between all of the figures. Tudor Games has been completely unresponsive to my inquiry up to this point. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

• Like 3

Coach Jay,

I feel your frustration. The two teams I have ordered turned out perfect. Granted, I got Beenutt teams so my experience doesn’t exactly match up with yours, but as far as paint jobs, skin tone, and bases, mine were on point. I’m really not sure what to tell you as far as a resolution. I have had three minor issues and reached out directly to Tudor via e-mail, and Bryan has responded to me in all three instances well within 24hrs. and either satisfactory resolved my issue or gave me an explanation that was acceptable. I’m hoping if you try to reach out via e-mail once again, he can provide you with an acceptable solution to the problem.

Good luck!

Yours, Coach Collins 

• Like 2

First of all, I would suggest leaving a review on the Tudor Games website. There is an area for reviews, on the Custom Painted Team page at the bottom on the page.  Custom Painted NFL Team (tudorgames.com)

Second, I don't know how you are trying to contact them, but I would suggest calling their customer service phone no. directly: (800) 914-8836. 

Thirdly yes, I can understand how what they are showing and what you actually got could be construed as misleading, however nowhere in the description does it say that the figures used will be the pre-painted platform and skin tone figures. I did just check the status of those figures and they are currently out-of-stock.  

I really don't think that Tudor Games was adequately prepared for the overwhelming demand of these custom painted teams that by offering this service was going to generate. I personally have not ordered any because I paint my own teams.

Obviously 100% complete customer satisfaction is paramount to the success or failure of any business. 

I do paint and sell replica and reproduction "Tudor Classic" teams to help fund the day-to day operations of the NEFGM Website, but I never offer a team for sale that is not already finished and ready to be shipped and very rarely do I take advance orders for them unless the customer is fully aware of what they are going to be getting, then send them pictures of what they are going to be getting before I even send out an invoice for them. 

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 1

Coach Daryl I appreciate your support more than you know. I’m happy that you received timely and good service. You’re right, there’s no mistaking the beenutt figures. The only difference is the cleats. Beenutt figures come with black or white cleats. In my case, once painted you can only tell the difference because of the platform. The $10 pre-painted teams have a “factory painted” green platform that’s really smooth and nice. The plain white figures have a very obvious painted platform. Even if the bottom was painted, which mine wasn’t, you could still tell the difference in the figures.

• Like 2

Thank you for your insight and perspective on this matter nefgm.org. I definitely appreciate and hear you. However, I think that the all white figures should be pictured, part of the description or offered as an option. They weren’t out of stock when I placed my first order but I do see that they’re out of stock at the moment. Personally I prefer the painted platforms and skin tones, especially for the amount of money that I’m spending.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Happy New Year and Happy wishes to all of you and whatever you have going on with this fine hobby. I have an issue with my previous order from Tudor. I spent almost $350 on it and have already placed future orders. The issue with my first order is that I ordered 6 custom painted teams. They came out nice. I went with the option of getting the fab five figures. The website shows that you’ll receive the figures that have the painted platforms and painted skin tones. However, I received teams that were painted with the plain all white figures, the ones for $8. The figures with skin tones go for $10. This doesn’t set well with me. The platforms on the top are painted green and the bottom is white. As a collector of these figures for over 40 years I definitely know the difference between all of the figures. Tudor Games has been completely unresponsive to my inquiry up to this point. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

You ordered and paid for fab 5 custom painted teams and got ones that just had skin tones and platforms painted?

I do not know who paints the underside of the platforms. Just top and sides, as thin as they are. 

Not sure what the issue is?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

You ordered and paid for fab 5 custom painted teams and got ones that just had skin tones and platforms painted?

I do not know who paints the underside of the platforms. Just top and sides, as thin as they are. 

Not sure what the issue is?

The Haiti Repro figures with pre-painted platforms and skin tones (SKU HT-11-PP) have the underside of the base painted. This is done at the factory. To a collector it makes a big difference. This is the identifying mark to accurately distinguish them from the regular Haiti Repros. Original Haiti Repros were not sold by Tudor Games. They were sold by Buzzball some time in the.late 2000's. Buzzball was also the first to offer figures with pre-painted skin tones. More than likely Tudor Games in the late 2010's was getting their Haiti Repros from the same factory in China that Buzzball had gotten theirs. 

• Like 3

Much respect nefgm.org and very well said. Thank you for seeing the topic from all angles and viewpoints. Especially the point about collectors like myself. A collector can be very particular and detail oriented. The figures with the painted platforms and skin tones are a very smooth, polished and detailed version of the plain white figures, a significant upgrade for sure. For the record I did get my issue resolved. Thank you to a particular person. They know who they are.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 10:19 AM, Jay said:

The website shows that you’ll receive the figures that have the painted platforms and painted skin tones. However, I received teams that were painted with the plain all white figures, the ones for $8. The figures with skin tones go for $10.

I'm not certain, but I believe I understand the problem. All plastic should be primed before painting. (Everything should be primed before painting.) The plastic could be gray plastic or black plastic, or just about any color and the color of the plastic won't influence the color of the paint applied.

Before Beenutt, Tudor primed their players and this results in the whole figure and the platform being white. Including the bottom of the platform. Priming should make the figures worth more  (hence $8 --> $10.)

I believe Jay has a valid point.

I believe this calls into question the expertise of Beenutt and his painters. In a very short time a feckless acrylic paint will rub off the plastic.

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

I believe this calls into question the expertise of Beenutt and his painters. In a very short time a feckless acrylic paint will rub off the plastic.

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

I agree! I don't always prime the teams and figures that I paint, but I do clear coat with either gloss or matte Krylon or Rustoleum spray paint to seal the acrylic craft paint that I paint them with. I only know two of the painters that Tudor has contracted with to paint the custom teams and personally I think they will always do a very good quality job. The main concern that I have always had with having different people the painting is keeping it consistent. Every painter of custom electric football teams has their own unique style and way of doing them. I think that another option with ordering the custom painted teams should be the option of choosing who you want to paint them. I have had a couple of people to offer painting custom teams for the NEFGM to resale on consignment. but so far after seeing pics of their painting, I was not very satisfied with them being able to provide the quality that I would expect and demand. Ultimately, in my opinion, customer satisfaction and responsibility for providing quality customer service lies with the facilitator of that service. 

• Thanks 1