Looking for figure size comparison (if anybody has a mix)

Hey all!

just getting into painting and I really think I’m going to enjoy this new side of the hobby during COVID

Does anyone here possibly have a side by side of different figures?  Just for scale comparison?  I’m curious as to how well figures work with different brands

from earlier posts I know the propack will work with fab 5 (and frankly likely the route I will go) But curious about next level, undefeated, etc.  if you choose another brand are you stuck buying a whole squad?

thanks in advance

mk

• Like 1

Sorry I don't have a side by side photo comparison. But obviously as more detail has become in demand with 3D printed figures, the figures have grown in size. If you follow any of the TOC leagues and tournaments you will notice just about no one uses Tudor figures or bases. I still use exclusively Tudor 67 Big Men on my teams in these competitions but I am one of the last holdouts. Competitive Electric Football has grown to a whole new level just in the last decade. Highly detailed figures, custom gameboards, faster gameboard speeds, specialized bases and more "scientific" methods of tweaking  for better base performance.  Be prepared to spend major $$$ if you choose to go to this level.  

Tudor figures and bases still have their place in the game as a more affordable entry level form and as collectibles.    

• Like 2

Thank you for response that is helpful even without pics!  Basically confirms what I was thinking. For visual appeal across individual player it’s probably best to go “all in” on a brand

Honestly these are going to be used predominately for my EFHL solo league and the occasional 1v1 vs friends I can convince that this is not their “dad’s” version of electric football. 

had no idea the painting side of it would be so fun. I’m not great but over time I’ll improve

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mizzlekbam said:

Thank you for response that is helpful even without pics!  Basically confirms what I was thinking. For visual appeal across individual player it’s probably best to go “all in” on a brand

Honestly these are going to be used predominately for my EFHL solo league and the occasional 1v1 vs friends I can convince that this is not their “dad’s” version of electric football. 

had no idea the painting side of it would be so fun. I’m not great but over time I’ll improve

Painting and playing solitaire is what I enjoy most about the hobby. I have numerous custom painted teams and have painted and sold numerous teams using Tudor figures. I did commissioned custom painting for a while but the level of detail that was being demanded got to be more than I wanted to do (took the "fun" out of it). If you haven't checked it out, visit my website (nefgm.org) for my collection of teams, figures and gameboards. 

• Like 1

This is great thank you nefgm!  The difference isn’t as pronounced as I thought surprisingly. 

but probably enough for my inherent OCD to kick in.  If I “know” the scale is slightly off, strong chance I’ll never let it go.  

I certainly hope somebody was flagged for unnecessary roughness on that last pic LOL

those custom figs of yours are incredible  

as for my painting, I’m putting in some time painting some extra figs I have before I finally decide on what figures to go all in on.  Sort of a sandbox method to see what works and what doesn’t  

it’s been surprisingly very fun. And almost a meditative like experience no kidding (with the occasional frustrated outburst)

• Like 3