The week that was.

Daryl Collins

Well. Here we are at the end of the week and no communique from the front lines. I guess the message earlier in the week WAS the communication. On the positive, I got my Beenut painted team. Earlier than expected. I’m getting a Uni-Form team fab five in the Packer’s home colors, so I’ll have a Beenut Pac12 also to make a whole squad. I plan on doing the same thing with the Away Giants I have ordered. 
Now about that communication thing….

Journey On!

• Like 3

Good advice Coach T.!

Coach Jay, they turned out great! I was especially surprised in how great the Pac12 players looked! The paint job was stellar. I’m waiting on my Packers Uni-Forms so I can number them, then bases!  I’ve got the Giants away team ordered. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Journey On!

Coach Daryl I’m thrilled to hear that your team came out nice and the other exciting projects that you have in the works. I feel like you’re the ambassador for this, the first official feedback on the painted teams. I’ve got so many teams that I want to do. The Lawrence Taylor Giants, the Gritz Blitz Falcons (and the white shoes Johnson ones), the Roy Green Cardinals, the Mark Brunell Jaguars, Creamsicle Bucs, oh and the Archie Manning Saints of the early 80’s with the black pants, and some Billy Sims Lions of the 80’s. Some 80’s John Elway Broncos in the orange jersey would be nice. I can go on and on lol.

• Like 2

Coach Jay, those are all worthy teams to assemble! I’m working on the home Colts Uni-Forms and I am numbering them for the Bert Jones era Colts. 

Coach Zak,

See the Showcase section of the Forum. I posted 4 pics of the Beenut Packers unnumbered. I’ll post more pics once I get them numbered and based.

JourneyOn!

• Like 3

So. Week 2 and no word from the front lines. We’re 17 days from Christmas and I think anything of interest would have come out by now. I imagine as much as the East Coast Tudor have done since the move, we probably need to look at 2024 for the next wave. I mean, really, when you think about what has been released in a relatively short period of time, it’s actually quite amazing.

BTW. I just got back from a 6A high school state championship game That went down to the last play and ended up on the one yard line. 31-28 was the score. Both teams were undefeated. It was a classic!

Journey On!

• Like 3

Love high school football. Was lucky to have my youngest  stepson be in the marching band for 4 years when his schools football teams went to the state championship 4 years in a row, winning it twice. 

As for Tudor. I don't think Bryan was really prepared for the onslaught of demand that comes from owning a toy company especially during the Christmas selling season. 

I worked in retail for 20 years, 3 of which were with Toys R Us. Over half of our annual sales was done in the 2 months of the Christmas selling season. 

Hopefully he has quickly learned some things that will carry him through to make Tudor Games sucessful for the next several years.

Personally, I do not believe that the future of electric football is totally dependent on the survival of Tudor Games. 

There are still plenty of old electric football games and teams in peoples attics, garages and storage areas, as well as plenty of people who can build custom game boards and paint custom teams and figures for the game itself to survive for many years to come. 

• Like 2

OH YES!!!  I have seen pictures of and read about thousands of collections of games and teams that people have in their various storage areas.  

Right now, there seems to be an extreme high renewal of interest in electric football. It always happens this time of year. but this year seems to be more than usual. The memberships in my FB Groups "The ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Community" and "The National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum" has more than doubled in the last month to well over 2000 members each. Every day for the last several weeks I have had to spend way more time than I have wanted in just approving post and member request.  

Most of the comments though are of just the casual passing "I used to have as a kid" variety. The sad thing is we will never hear from most of them again until next Christmas. There are those few who want to know where they can find the games now and want to learn more about it. 

Interestingly I also follow several sports board game groups and electric football shows up on them quite frequently and seem to get the most likes than any of the other post about other games. 

But to address the main focus of this post. Yes, Bryan needs to be more communicative on this forum and I have told him so repeatedly. The key to good customer service begins with good communication. 

• Like 3

I appreciate your efforts immensely! My wife has instructions that should anything happen to me, my collection is to be forwarded to the museum, but we have discussed this before. I hope for great things from Bryan and his group in 2023! As it stands, I’m taking Coach T43’s advice and just play more electric football!

Journey On!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Daryl Collins said:

I appreciate your efforts immensely! My wife has instructions that should anything happen to me, my collection is to be forwarded to the museum, but we have discussed this before. I hope for great things from Bryan and his group in 2023! As it stands, I’m taking Coach T43’s advice and just play more electric football!

Journey On!

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, nefgm.org said:

Love high school football. Was lucky to have my youngest  stepson be in the marching band for 4 years when his schools football teams went to the state championship 4 years in a row, winning it twice. 

As for Tudor. I don't think Bryan was really prepared for the onslaught of demand that comes from owning a toy company especially during the Christmas selling season. 

I worked in retail for 20 years, 3 of which were with Toys R Us. Over half of our annual sales was done in the 2 months of the Christmas selling season. 

Hopefully he has quickly learned some things that will carry him through to make Tudor Games sucessful for the next several years.

Personally, I do not believe that the future of electric football is totally dependent on the survival of Tudor Games. 

There are still plenty of old electric football games and teams in peoples attics, garages and storage areas, as well as plenty of people who can build custom game boards and paint custom teams and figures for the game itself to survive for many years to come. 

ELECTRIC FOOTBALL WILL NEVER DIE! AS LONG AS WE ALL PRESERVE IT! 

• Like 2