Beenutt Painted Teams

Daryl Collins

Yes they will! Go to gridiron-uniforms.com and let your imagination run wild. Nothing but vintage teams for me for a while. You have to email Bryan once you made your selection and order. You place the order under that team name but let them know for example that you ordered the Buccaneers but would like them in the 1979 creamsicle uniforms. Merry Christmas to us!

• Like 4

The info on it says that jersey numbers are not applied or included in the custom painted team order.

So does that mean I would need to place a separate order for a sheet of the correct color number decals?

I suppose I'd also need to buy and apply my own facemasks and chinstraps too, right?

• Like 2

I hope that custom painted teams are not the only way to get painted teams in the future. I think it is a good idea for custom painted teams but I think having painted teams we can order at a more affordable price will help the hobby grow. Paying $50 or more per team is just not affordable for me and others in the hobby. I think this hobby needs to appeal to younger people and especially kids. Having painted teams already painted and ready to play would be a big plus for this hobby. I remember saving up money and ordering teams as a kid and how excited I was to get them. I hope having painted teams available at an affordable price in the future is in the works or planning stage. I know how hard it is to run a small business and I hope we all stay patient and understand problems will arise from time to time. I look forward to seeing how this hobby grows.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, TY62 said:

I think having painted teams we can order at a more affordable price will help the hobby grow.

In 1969 a Tudor Deluxe Figures team cost $1.50 per team and away (white) jerseys weren't available for the AFC. Which meant I had to mow two lawns and trim the hedge for enough money to buy a team. According to several Inflation calculators,

$1 in 1968 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $8.84 today, an increase of $7.84 over 55 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 4.04% per year between 1968 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 784.11%.

So a $1.50 Deluxe Figure Team in 1968 should cost an EF hobbyist about $13.26 today.

However, Tudor isn't contracting with China or Haiti to paint the teams like an assembly line. Instead, local painters who kids could meet at a tournament or chat with on Facebook are painting the teams and applying the waterslide decals. Buying local has considerable value to me so I think an extra $36.00. is worth it.

Here's an interesting graphic from the publication Industry Week:

In each case, one product is made by machines, while the other’s made by hand. This infographic from Bid-on-Equipment explores the economic impact of making things by hand versus making them by machine. They look at all kinds of interesting examples, then show how much our economy would be impacted if everything was done by hand!

image.png.b32cc6f90af65d00e5144f2add3b5b78.png

Obviously, handmade costs more. Your question remains valid, is $50.00 for hand painted electric football figures too much more? Time will tell.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:08 PM, Jay said:

Yes they will! Go to gridiron-uniforms.com and let your imagination run wild. Nothing but vintage teams for me for a while. You have to email Bryan once you made your selection and order. You place the order under that team name but let them know for example that you ordered the Buccaneers but would like them in the 1979 creamsicle uniforms. Merry Christmas to us!

Is Gridiron dudes the same as Gridiron-uniforms? There's a guy (Jay) who paints teams in FL. with the mailing address of "Gridiron dudes." 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Don't think Gridiron Dudes is the same as Gridiron Uniforms. I have seen some of his work, mostly way back when college teams. 

OK, thanks. I was kind of looking for the best deal when it comes to price vs. performance....

I know it probably depends on multiple factors like how many players and whether or not it's painted vs. decals, etc., etc., but what's the best way to assess potential merchants and people doing this?

P.S. Gridiron dudes isn't bad. He painted a 26 player roster from the 82/83 Redskins for about $145 (including shipping/handling) and the figures look sharp with names on the back too (I'll see if I can upload a photo). 

• Like 3

The best way to assess potential merchants and people doing this is to join the many facebook groups related to electric football and get reccomendations There are only a handful of artist that I personnally reccomend and that is only because I have seen their work first hand and have known them for many years. 

As far as pricing, there is always that old thing of you get what you pay for. But at the same time just because you are paying someone $300 for a fully detailed team doesn't mean you are going to get $300 worth of quality. 

Custom painted teams with all the detailing aren't cheap. Unfortunately there are those in this game and hobby who will take advantage of you. 

I can connect you with Kyle. I will send you a private message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1