Picture

Daryl Collins

The earliest I can find that picture being used on Tudor Games Facebook Page is December of 2016. That same photo is also used in September 2019. This photo is from November 8, 2014, with the caption: "Sent them on their way for a catalog photo shoot... they grow up so fast!" 

image.thumb.png.4f2f1746e1cefc4e528c6436cf8e2511.png

I know a lot of you on here are not on Facebook but there are some really great photos on there from the past as early as February 5, 2012 when Doug Strohm took over Tudor Games. 

• Like 1

I remember very very well. 2016. I would log on to tudorgames.com for years and would only find the generic terms painted in NFL team colors. No licensing for years. Then I logged in one day and BOOM!! There was this picture. 

• Like 1

The deal being, I’m trying to find the Washington Redskins in both light and dark from this set. Finding any of these teams is not easy on eBay, but I’ve been out bid on two teams in dark jerseys and have a bid on another. I haven’t run across a team in white jerseys yet. They go for a premium price to only be 7 years old. I’m sure I have one or two of the teams from this add. I just don’t know which ones yet. Another reason to visit the cave!

Journey On!

• Like 2

I would love some Redskins painted teams in the 80’s uniforms. White jersey, burgundy pants and the striped socks. To have Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Darrell Green, John Riggins, Dexter Manley, Art Monk and the Fun Bunch, to name a few, in Electric Football figures would be pretty amazing. One can dream right??

• Like 2

So. I spent a minute or two in the cave. It never ceases to amaze me what I forgot I have. Multiple iterations of Rams, Saints, Patriots, and Dolphins. Chiefs and Saints in 67 Big Men. But the Redskins and Oilers? One dark jersey team, one light jersey team.

Bengals? Eight different versions from different eras. I was no bigger a Bengals fan than any other team. Can’t go by numbering either. Lenny Dawson will always be my Chiefs quarterback. No matter what era.

Over 50 years of playing and collecting, with the waxing and waning, I have a collection that mirrors when I was in heavy and when I wasn’t. 10-13 years old- big. Early Miggle days- big. Strohm era Uni-Forms- big. Now this will be interesting to see how the next little bit goes. At this point, I’m not on the 18th hole, but I am on the back nine. The fact I can still become excited about the hobby is affirming. 
I just need to win one of those bids on eBay.

Journey On!

• Like 3

Well, Commanders are no problem. Redskins on the other hand, especially stamped helmets from China, are not impossible, but darned far and few between. And like I said, pricey. I don’t think Tudor makes Redskins anymore. What I find, I find on the secondary market. If I’d known then, in 2016, what I know now, I’d have ordered up on the stamped helmets from China.

Hind sight….

Journey On.

• Like 2

That’s excellent! I never would have thought they would feature Redskins anything with fear The Shield would drop the hammer. I’m of the opinion Washington would still bear the name had Snyder bowed out 6-7 years ago. But that’s beating a dead horse. Electric football-wise, they still play on! The Dallas rivalry is intact. And if I can find an away 2016 team with stamped helmets for a good price, my 1970s nostalgic soul can be at peace.

Journey On!