Partnership with ITZ Bases

nefgm.org

I think ITZ bases with the games are a great start. I don’t have ONE invisibase on any of my players. Can’t get them to work well and just won’t use them. If I were a rookie coach, I can see myself sticking around for a lot longer with better bases to play on. 
a positive move in my estimation.

Journey On!

• Like 2

Tudor's ProLine brand of bases are a strong line in their own right, but stand to be completely overshadowed by the ITZ lines. Previous ownership groups had no idea how to effectively market what they had. 

Pro Line figures were supposed to be incorporated into the Fab 5 painted teams, but that didn't happen when China wouldn't release the figure molds when the company transferred back to Tudor from Miggle Toys. That's also why there was nothing else done with the new 67 Big Men and Classic Quarterbacks. The Fab 5 figures currently sold are the only line that still had molds from USA.

Tudor could sent their products light years forward if they evolved the painted figure product line past Fab 5's. I envisioned something like "Free Agents" where you could purchase small blister packs of 3-5 painted specialty figures for your particular team. The idea was poo-pooed twice.   

I see pros and cons to both brands, and the ProLines biggest con is that they need a lot of tweaking. 

I hope this doesn't lead to the Tudor brands being deactivated in favor of the ITZ product offerings. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NO Dave said:

The idea was poo-pooed twice.

I'm sorry. I think it's a great idea. 😃👍 ITZ is doing the same thing with their Team Builder product line.

5 minutes ago, NO Dave said:

China wouldn't release the figure molds when the company transferred back to Tudor from Miggle Toys. That's also why there was nothing else done with the new 67 Big Men and Classic Quarterbacks. The Fab 5 figures currently sold are the only line that still had molds from USA.

I didn't know this. 🤔 That explains why Bryan created his own sculpts. Thank you. 👏

11 minutes ago, NO Dave said:

ProLines biggest con is that they need a lot of tweaking.

More tweaking than ITZ CL-2 or Blitz bases? As for the Starter bases, I'm not sure the product is equal to the hype.

Enjoy the Journey   T43  🏈♾️

• Like 2

T43: 

ITZ CL-2's and Blitz's were meant for easier tweaking. The prongs are way softer, and only require a light touch. Pro Lines were, by their original introduction, "bases for the advanced tweaker and hobbyist" (from Miggle Toys). The round front strong TTC's are still some of the best bases for a tight end, defensive end, or a power running back. You can go for a nice balance of speed and strength. 

The "fast" series with the thin prongs have potential, but you have to trim down the long gossamer-strand like prongs to make them run well. 

• Like 3

Hi NO Dave:

My experience is just the opposite. Softer prongs dissipate the vibration created by the motion generator.

"A higher mass and/or a softer beam lower the natural frequency (see figure 3).

A higher mass and/or a softer beam lower the natural frequency.
Figure 3. A stiffer spring increases natural frequency (left). A more compliant (”softer”) spring decreases natural frequency (right)." Fundamentals of Vibration  Newport.com

Fortunately, Bryan intends to keep the Pro line. In a recent email Bryan wrote:

Good news! Our Tudor Games Rookies, TTCs, and Pro Lines will soon be back in stock as we've placed orders to replenish them.

Everybody gets what they want. 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

• Like 3

On 10/5/2023 at 3:56 PM, Daryl Collins said:

I think ITZ bases with the games are a great start. I don’t have ONE invisibase on any of my players. Can’t get them to work well and just won’t use them. If I were a rookie coach, I can see myself sticking around for a lot longer with better bases to play on. 
a positive move in my estimation.

Journey On!

I saw in a previous post that you were looking for boat shaped bases. Itz has them on his website

• Like 2

Excellent. I hope I’m still able to use PayPal as an option to order at Tudor. This doesn’t seem to be an option with ITZ.
Yeah, I know. I still use AOL.com, I only want to use PayPal, and I still have a working 8-track tape player hooked up to my stereo.

Now if I can just get those darned kids off my lawn!!

Journey On!

• Like 3