ITZ

Daryl Collins

Yes, in my humble opinion. ITZ has a variety of plastic formulas. I invested in all of them except HITZ bases. I believe the CL-2 is ITZ's best plastic formulas. CL-2s are formula 100 and 55. This is a firm plastic and I have three teams that ride on CL-2 bases. They are competitive against Tudor bases.

BLITZ bases are formula 37 which is much softer, almost rubbery like a super ball. I have one team riding on Blitz bases. 

STARTER bases are even softer and allegedly require little or no tweaking. The ITZ webpage claims, If you are just getting back into electric football and the term “Tweak” is new to you, then you are in the RIGHT place! The ITZ Starter Bases are perfect for YOU! They run great right out of the pack and will greatly improve YOUR teams!  After I bought the STARTER bases and tried them, I sold all of them on eBay.

Then there are the HITZ bases which is plastic formula 28 and formula 14+.  I haven't bought any of these. However, the ITZ webpage claims, "A simple tweak will have them flying by your opponents in no time at all! The next big thing in electric football are sure to be Hitz!"

I believe that Mark and Bill Klingbeil have been in the hobby long enough to understand that tweaking failure can be an obstacle to enjoying the game. If you visit the ITZ webpage you will see the whole webpage is an attempt to grow the hobby. I admire that.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3

It is a good partnership for Tudor and keeping Tudor competitive in the electric football market. ITZ Bases are the bases used almost exclusively in the higher compettion levels of electric football and I have seen a trend of them being used more and more in solitaire levels. 

Do you need them? NO. I have very few and don't use any of them. In my experience, Tudor bases can be made to perform just as well as ITZ bases. 

It is my understanding that Tudor is going to sell pre-tweaked bases as well. If you feel the need to add ITZ bases to your game, then I would wait to buy pre-tweaked bases. 

• Like 3

So what say ye, coaches? Just for kicks I’m going to get a pack of ITZ bases. I’m narrowed down to Formulas 55 and 100. The best scenario would be to get one set of straight front bases and one set of round front bases. I would love to hear a weigh in! 
What would be my best options?

Journey On!

• Like 3

On the ITZ page, if you go to CART, there is a little incentive:

Don’t forget…Free shipping on orders over $100 

In my experience the square nose or round nose is of lesser importance than the plastic formula. I would suggest buying one box of CL-2, one box of Blitz, one box of Starter, and one box of Hitz in the DSR (Dial, Strong, Round). Then have a weekend tweakathon. Perhaps you will discover you have a knack for the softer plastic. 😃👍

Once you've selected your favorite plastic formula, then move to selecting prong type.

Enjoy the Journey of Discovery    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 3

We will be putting the ITZ bases to the test in the LIEFL's final season with a purchase of two packs to be used in the March 1 draft. They will face a HUGE test in this league and it's put up or shut up time! Lets see if the advertising backs up the performance in a proven track record league. We will be brutally honest as to their performance. Levi

Edited by Long island EFL
INFO ADDED
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

We will be brutally honest as to their performance. Levi

Yes, I certainly hope so!!

I have long said that a bases performance is dependent more on the figure that it is placed on and the conditions under which it is tweaked, such as the game board used in the tweaking process and even the number of players that are on the game board when you are tweaking. I have bought non-Tudor pre-tweaked bases from a couple of people on a few occasions. I was never satisfied with them and felt that the Tudor bases that I had tweaked myself were certainly just as good, if not better.  

However, there have been several people who have developed a good "side gig" tweaking bases for people, including now Tudor Games. But again, that kind of goes back to the "instant gratification" society that we now live in and not really wanting to take the time to actual learn how to do something that can be bought and paid for. 

• Like 2

Well put. I agree to that as far as base tweaking. Now when it comes to painting, I know for a fact, as well as I know I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, I am NOT a painter! So in that department, I gladly leave that to the more talented of our brethren.

Journey On!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Yes, I certainly hope so!!

I have long said that a bases performance is dependent more on the figure that it is placed on and the conditions under which it is tweaked, such as the game board used in the tweaking process and even the number of players that are on the game board when you are tweaking. I have bought non-Tudor pre-tweaked bases from a couple of people on a few occasions. I was never satisfied with them and felt that the Tudor bases that I had tweaked myself were certainly just as good, if not better.  

However, there have been several people who have developed a good "side gig" tweaking bases for people, including now Tudor Games. But again, that kind of goes back to the "instant gratification" society that we now live in and not really wanting to take the time to actual learn how to do something that can be bought and paid for. 

Yes we shall see and we have our own tweakers in this league these guys know what they're doing. Time will tell and I'll get back to you and let you know because we once had those proline bases and they were crap. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, zak99b5 said:

Final season?  You guys hanging it up?  That'd be too bad. 

Thanks Brother! Yes Sir!  Retiring and headed to my home in Florida. I will remain involved always in this great Forum. Also while the league rejected the I T Z bases my mind is opened back up again after specifically watching Greg's offensive players HITZ speed bases to see if the coach taki9ng my place in the LIEFL, can get a competitive edge. If they don't work out we will donate them to the museum.  

• Like 1