Revisiting 2 motors on ultimate board (need Help)

Greg F

I brought up this topic 2 or 3 months ago, but I wanted to revisit it.  Like Terry suggested, I put the motors on opposing 20 yard lines on opposite sides of the field.  I’m noticing that my new motor vibrates seems to be vibrating a lot more intensely than the motor that came with the board a year ago.  On the side with the more active motor, the players are going fast.  Some turn over when they reach the spot of the motor.  On the side of the weaker motor, the players almost come to a standstill directly over the motor.

I have no knowledge of electricity or motors.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I notice that the cable that came with the new motor is different from the one with the old motor.  

Also, does anyone put their motors in different locations besides the 20 yard lines?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

When I had Tudor motors on my ultimate field, I put them in opposite end zone corners. 

Now I have the GBN motor, and it's at the 50 on one side. Big improvement. 

Thanks for sharing!  

I’m pretty satisfied with the Tudor.   One just seems more powerful.

I was worried the GBN motor might be too strong for the Gauge of the metal on the ultimate board.  

When I had the one Tudor motor at the 50, that side of the field was way too intense.  Any trouble with that on GBN?

• Like 2

On 7/30/2023 at 7:39 AM, zak99b5 said:

When I had Tudor motors on my ultimate field, I put them in opposite end zone corners. 

I also have mine in the opposing endzone corners.   Seems to work well and have not noticed a difference in vibration levels from one to the other.

• Like 3

Another good thing about the GBN motor is that it sticks to the underside with magnets, so it's super easy to experiment with placement. 

I did make leg extensions though, because the stock legs aren't tall enough to clear the motor underneath. 

I used some square steel tubing that fits snugly over the stock legs. Painted it to kinda match. Stuck a wooden dowel in the bottom end and inserted those screw-in feet. Now it can be leveled easily as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps a dumb question but does the GBN / ITZ motors com ready to put on the board and run or is more needed?

I have 2 tudor motors, i experimnted some with them but only use one for solitare play but there are deaden spots. Has anyone used the new remote for the ultimate board.

I introduced my future son in law to the game and he took to it like a fish to water so time to get my ultimate board running better and get better at base tweaking.

• Like 2

I needed to make a momentary switched extension cord to use the GBN motor.

I found a push-button momentary switch at home cheapo.  Also bought two extension cords.

On one of the cords, I fit the switch between the blades of the plugs and utilized the holes in them for the terminal screws on the switch.  Taped it all up well. Clipped the other end of that cord off.

On the other cord I cut one of the wires (hot side, but it doesn't reall matter) near the female plug end.  Stripped back the insulation on the cut wires there and at the end of the cord with the switch.  I used heat-shrink butt connectors and crimped the switch cord into the other, so now it's a dogleg.

I made a second one, and all our board's switches are always turned to ON and we use the momentary switch to control the action.  Works great.

• Like 2