Drafting bases

Greg F

Hi Greg, Step 1:  I buy 160 bases with a mix of Rookie and TTC. 💰 Usually about 50 Rookie bases and 110 TTC bases.

Step 2: Then I create eight teams of twenty players on each team. I do minimal tweaking to each base.

Step 3: I play a double elimination tournament with those eight teams. When a team loses twice, then I use the best of the losing bases to fill the weak spots in the winning team. I use statistics from the two games and strength tests to determine the best bases of the losing teams.

Step 4: By the end of the tournament I have two teams 🏆 (40 bases) 🥇 that should be the best bases of the starting 160.

Step 5: What happens to the 120 bases that didn't make the final two teams? A small portion, about twenty bases, become part of the Practice Squad Box. The remaining 100 bases become part of the landfill. ☠️

Step 6: As excellent bases change and become untweaked 🚑 I bring up replacements from the Practice Squad Box.

That's how I draft.

Enjoy the Journey  T43. 🏈♾️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Carl said:

88 roster spots and I’m going to do a random draft lottery selection.

14 hours ago, Curt said:

as I'm all random, sorry,

I believe a random lottery ticks all the boxes. 😃 I always ask my wife to draw the bases so that I don't taint the randomness.

Random lottery draws add the element of surprise 💥 and newness like shuffling a deck of cards. ♣️♠️♥️♦️

The bases are tweaked and have years of playing experience :superbowl: which means they've become consistent and dependable.

Unused bases don't go into the landfill which is good for the environment. ♻️

That's the beauty of electric football. Each coach finds the 'way' that gives them Joy.

Enjoy the Journey   T43 🏈♾️

• Like 5

Way Kewl Terry43. Love your post. You are a brave, brave, man. I guess because when my nephew comes over and because he totally follows the rules we came up with together to reduce bias as much as possible etc., I have no problem with sharing it with him. But let my wife invade my favorite hobby? Wow, that may be tough. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I start by determining how many new bases each team can receive.

Champion = 0 bases

2nd = 1 base

3rd and 4th = 2 bases

5th and 6th = 3 bases

7th and 8th = 4 bases

9th and 10th = 5 bases

Then I begin with the last place team by tweeking new bases until I have five bases that are clearly an improvement on the current bases. Then go on to the next lowest team.

I measure improvement by strength, speed, and arc of movement.

strength must improve by at least two, meaning if I want to replace a lineman that ranks 8th i  strength on the team then the new base must move him to at least 6th in strength.

speed likewise must move up in speed although I don’t strictly stick to moving two ranks here.

Arc of movement is mainly moving the wY I want reliable.

so I tweek a lot of bases and run lots of tests for each team.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

I start by determining how many new bases each team can receive.

Champion = 0 bases

2nd = 1 base

3rd and 4th = 2 bases

5th and 6th = 3 bases

7th and 8th = 4 bases

9th and 10th = 5 bases

Then I begin with the last place team by tweeking new bases until I have five bases that are clearly an improvement on the current bases. Then go on to the next lowest team.

I measure improvement by strength, speed, and arc of movement.

strength must improve by at least two, meaning if I want to replace a lineman that ranks 8th i  strength on the team then the new base must move him to at least 6th in strength.

speed likewise must move up in speed although I don’t strictly stick to moving two ranks here.

Arc of movement is mainly moving the wY I want reliable.

so I tweek a lot of bases and run lots of tests for each team.

I like this!

• Like 4

On 8/2/2023 at 6:59 AM, Coach Shawn said:

arc of movement.

13 hours ago, Greg F said:

arc definition for me

I'm not speaking for Coach Shawn.

In my experience when I read Arc of Movement I interpret that to mean the curve the player runs. A Tailback may start the play pointed toward the sideline and the Arc of Movement causes the tailback to run down the sideline and eventually toward the middle of the field. A half circle.

A coach may want a 20 to 30 yard Arc for a tailback, but a 10 or 15 yard arc is better for an Edge Rusher, or Looper.

Offensive lineman should curve a bit so they can block better.

When using passing sticks a consistent Arc of Movement is essential for receivers and DBs to converge on the ball.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Terry43 said:

'm not speaking for Coach Shawn.

In my experience when I read Arc of Movement I interpret that to mean the curve the player runs. A Tailback may start the play pointed toward the sideline and the Arc of Movement causes the tailback to run down the sideline and eventually toward the middle of the field. A half circle.

Very good explanation.

At its simplest it just means the figure will reliably go the direction I expect it to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1