Do you incorporate injuries into your game?

Terry43

I placed this question about injuries in Teams and Figures because I was watching a FAT8 video and the coaches have an Injury Dice and one of the possibilities is, Out for the Season.

After all the hours and energy of painting the jersey, adding waterslide numbers, and tweaking the bases, there's simply no way I would take that player out of the game for the season. Especially if it was one of my favorite little plastic peeps.

I know injuries are a part of the NFL, but I doubt anyone wants there to be injuries. I suspect NFL Players, Coaches, and Owners would eliminate injuries if they could.

Injuries just seem to take the fun out of the game of electric football. With my players if they tip over — I stand them back up for the next play.

Am I alone is this reaction to injuries?

Enjoy the Journey. T43 🏈♾️ 

• Like 1

No, that idea has never appealed to me. 
EF is the chance to play the game without the unfortunate realities that hurt the game.

this is also why I don’t use random penalties.   I only call penalties when the figures actually commit a penalty (usually Pass Interference).

I can understand someone wanting to simulate everything about the NFL but that level is not for me.

• Like 3

The only "injury" that I incorporate is when a quarterback falls down. At that point he is out for the game. It doesn't happen often, but my QB's tend to be more prone to falling down as I take their base off when they are standing in the pocket. Thus, they tend to bounce around more than other players. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terry43 said:

🤕 Do you have backup quarterbacks? Once the starting QB is out, how does passing work?

The physical player and the base he is on stays. What changes is that the starting QB's "persona" is out of the game. And you might ask; what the Sam Houston does that mean? It means that the physical player and the base he was on now represents the second string QB. This "change" can have an effect. The team typically employs a more conservative offense due to not having their starting QB in the game, which is my way of manifesting an impact on the affected team. Now that I'm actually writing this down, it seems a bit looney. 😜😄

I remember way back in Season 6, Cliff Stoudt, who had replaced Terry Bradshaw as the Steelers QB a couple seasons before got hurt. Bradshaw came in and played his typical gun-slinger style and won the game. In this case, Bradshaw's gun-slinger persona replaced Stoudt's more conservative persona benefiting the team. Needless to say, Bradshaw won his starting job back that game. Incidentally, the Steelers won their final 3 games that season and went all the way to the Super Bowl where they beat the Rams in the biggest upset in Super Bowl history. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bob Davis said:

I remember way back in Season 6, Cliff Stoudt, who had replaced Terry Bradshaw as the Steelers QB a couple seasons before got hurt. Bradshaw came in and played his typical gun-slinger style and won the game. In this case, Bradshaw's gun-slinger persona replaced Stoudt's more conservative persona benefiting the team. Needless to say, Bradshaw won his starting job back that game. Incidentally, the Steelers won their final 3 games that season and went all the way to the Super Bowl where they beat the Rams in the biggest upset in Super Bowl history. 

Cool story.   You have come up with an interesting way to reflect the QBs impact.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bob Davis said:

The physical player and the base he is on stays. What changes is that the starting QB's "persona" is out of the game. And you might ask; what the Sam Houston does that mean? It means that the physical player and the base he was on now represents the second string QB. This "change" can have an effect. The team typically employs a more conservative offense due to not having their starting QB in the game, which is my way of manifesting an impact on the affected team. Now that I'm actually writing this down, it seems a bit looney. 😜😄

That’s the fun part of the game in my opinion.  Can the personality of the Ravens team with a lot of Lamar Jackson runs beat the personality of the Chargers with Herbert throwing to Williams, Allen and Quentin Johnson with Ekelar as a great running and receiving RB?

My match-ups definitely contain that kind of imagination.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bob Davis said:

which is my way of manifesting an impact on the affected team. Now that I'm actually writing this down, it seems a bit looney. 😜😄

I love it. 😍

I don't have injuries, but I do 'Bench' players and bring up replacements from the Practice Squad. In the case of the QB the new QB brings his own passing dice. Just another way to add serendipity to the game.

Enjoy the Journey. T43 🏈♾️

• Like 1

I noticed what I thought was team color specific dice! You mean to tell me different QBs have their own passing dice!?! Priceless!

BTW. Have you ever listed your teams and team color schemes? I would be interested in that if I just haven’t missed it in the past. Danged if I don’t see two teams listed in your videos and actually get excited when one of my favorites comes up! (ie: Christmas Spirit or Iron Horse) 

Journey On, Coach T!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

your teams and team color schemes?

TEAMS

🚀 Space-inspired teams: the Suncats, the Sirens of Titan, the Luna Bears, the Arctic Vortex, and the Meteor,

🦏 Animal-inspired teams:  the Red Rhinos, the Oughtin' Otters, the Blue Jays, the Golden Grizzlies, and the Big Horn Rams.

🧜‍♀️ Mythology-inspired teams: the Knights in White Satin, the Christmas Spirit, the Shamrock Bay, the Valkyries, the Angels of Avalon, the Quick and the Dead, and the Norsemen.

🏎️ Car-inspired teams:  Iron Horse, the GTO, and the Thunderbirds.

Color Schemes

Rule 1: Avoid white whenever possible. 🫥 I have one team with white numbers and that's the Iron Horse.

Rule 2: Avoid black whenever possible. 🎱 I have one team with black numbers and that's the Shamrock Bay.

Rule 3: All uniforms are divided into nine visual blocks: helmet, jersey, numbers, pants, socks, shoes, platform, base, and dial.

At one end of the spectrum is a uniform that has red helmet, red jersey, red numbers, red pants, red socks, red shoes, red platform, red base, and red dial.

Visually this is the same as white helmet, white jersey, white numbers, white pants, white socks, white shoes, white platform, white base and white dial.

At the other end of the spectrum is a uniform with many, many colors like orange helmet, red jersey, purple numbers, blue pants, green socks, yellow shoes, gold platform, silver base, and brown dial.

Rule 4: Don't duplicate colors. Except Cadmium Yellow (School Bus Yellow). That's my favorite color.

Colors

Dark Orange (burnt)        Dark Red (burgundy)            Dark Purple (Indigo)          Dark Blue  (Navy)                     etc.                                

Middle Orange.                Middle Red (fire engine)      Middle purple (Amethyst)  Middle Blue (azure blue)          etc. 

Tangerine                         Pink                                       Lavender                             Baby Blue                                   etc.

🎄Christmas Spirit color scheme

white helmet, red jersey, blue numbers (white outline), white pants, white socks (red/blue stripes), white shoes, green platform, red base, white dial.

🏍️ Iron Horse color scheme

teal helmet, teal jersey, white numbers (black outline), teal pants, black socks, white shoes, green platform, silver base, and no dials.

🌀Arctic Vortex color scheme

silver helmet, azure blue jersey, red numbers (dark blue outline), glacier blue pants, red socks, azure shoes, white platform, glacier blue base, dark blue dial.

8 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

different QBs have their own passing dice!?! Priceless!

Thank you. 😃

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️                         

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 1:46 PM, Terry43 said:

I placed this question about injuries in Teams and Figures because I was watching a FAT8 video and the coaches have an Injury Dice and one of the possibilities is, Out for the Season.

After all the hours and energy of painting the jersey, adding waterslide numbers, and tweaking the bases, there's simply no way I would take that player out of the game for the season. Especially if it was one of my favorite little plastic peeps.

I know injuries are a part of the NFL, but I doubt anyone wants there to be injuries. I suspect NFL Players, Coaches, and Owners would eliminate injuries if they could.

Injuries just seem to take the fun out of the game of electric football. With my players if they tip over — I stand them back up for the next play.

Am I alone is this reaction to injuries?

Enjoy the Journey. T43 🏈♾️ 

I incorporate injuries to my college league to give both a reason to scout depth and give backups a chance to be great. but when i was doing my nfl league i never did injuries because it was much more enjoyable/easier with the starters always out there

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 10:03 PM, Bob Davis said:

Bradshaw's gun-slinger persona replaced Stoudt's more conservative persona benefiting the team.

this is something i don’t see very often i thought i was the only one but incorporating game styles is fun i’m glad to see someone else do it

• Like 3