Anyone with a special birthday or anniversary involving Electric Football?

Curt

Ok, I'm an idiot. I was Just recently perusing the forums again when I saw a title of "Storage ideas for teams?" originally posted a year ago by Bob but now I can't find it. I wanted to wait to respond to this one especially today as it is my 60th birthday and also my 50th anniversary of playing electric football. As Bob intended to grow his league to a full NFL compliment of teams [Done yet?] and also asking for simple suggestions on storage, I thought I'd share my [really late to the party again, sorry] very simple yet effective storage arrangement for my 33 full teams [home and away jerseys] which includes the current 32 NFL teams plus a fully outfitted Houston Oiler team. I use an oversized hardshell Samsonite briefcase. Each team has its home and away jerseys combined in a snack sized Ziploc baggie. I also have baggies for my game accessories like goal posts, yard markers etc. etc. etc, my quarterbacks, bases, the dice I use for defensive formations, and my footballs which are shuffled for each pass or kick. There is room for my stopwatch and the 2 decks of poker cards I use for my offensive formations, penalties and turnovers. The top section with its partitions holds my past season results, my current season statistics and my rule set. Everything is there right at hand in my very simple briefcase, so it is a tremendous space saver, especially when making space for a full 33 team league but the hardshell case has endured these many, many years. I do however love the setups that were pictured there and would love to expand mine if possible. Perhaps one day it will happen. I have loved playing EF these 50 years and hope I have many years left to play as I am not in a hurry to quit. I've already had to give up Model Railroading and Music. Long live Electric Football! I hope I have not wasted anyone's time. Blessings to all, 🙂 Curt.

• Like 5

Yessir, thank you very much. My apologies to all. I thought it was Bob/s post from then. Having just moved across town but still in the North Dallas Area, I now have more EF space in my new office but my briefcase holds everything so well in such a small space it was easy to keep track of during the move. Plus, I thought I'd pass my storage arrangement along even though I'm probably way too late to make a difference to anyone and their setups, but I really enjoyed the pictures. They spark ideas for the future. 🙂 Thanks again. Blessings, Curt

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Coach Curt! I just turned 62 three days ago. I too gave up model railroading. The music I play, almost exclusively now, is “Autumn Thunder” and “ The Power and the Glory”. The system you describe sounds phenomenal! I have taken over the office at home.(for now. The wife hasn’t put up too much protest) As best I can count, I’m in my 56th year With Electric Football. Carry on, sir! Carry on!

• Like 4

On 6/27/2023 at 7:26 AM, Curt said:

I've already had to give up Model Railroading and Music.

I'm 66 and I've had to give up nuts and pizza. 😪 The verdict is still out on tacos. 😝

For me my CD collection and my EF collection are like one in the same. Electric Football  🏈 Forever ♾️

Keep on enjoying the journey.  T43 🏈♾️

• Like 3

On 7/13/2023 at 12:15 PM, Chris Harris said:

Hey Curt,

I live in Keller.

Kewl, you are just on the other side of the DFW Metroplex, about an hour away from me. Perhaps hooking up might be a possibility? 🙂 That leads me to a new post then...look for "personal communications"...

My older teams and items I keep in large cases with dividers used for nuts and bolts. Got’em at Lowe’s. I put foam in the bottom of the compartments. They are flat and stackable. The Uni-Forms teams I use the clamshells from Tudor. I’ll be hanging them up on the wall, eventually.

• Like 3