Pressure sticks

nefgm.org

I found this:

TVEFL stick passing rules:

The TVEFL uses the standard Buzzball length red, white, and blue ball placement sticks and red/white measuring stick.  

I created pressure as an enhancement to the passing sticks rules.  You meed the following;

Orange Stick:  2 3/4” long.

Used to determine if the defense has put pressure on the QB.  Measure from QB helmet to the helmet of any unengaged defensive player.

Note the orange stick is also used when choosing to pass to a receiver that has fallen over.  The orange stick is added to the correct ball placement stick thus increasing the distance of the ball placement.  Fallen defenders do not suffer a penalty to stand up.

Red Pressure Stick: 2 1/2” long.

This ball placement stick is used when a red stick distance is needed but the QB is under pressure.

White Pressure Stick: 4 3/16” long.

This ball placement stick is used when a white stick distance is needed but the QB is under pressure.

Blue Pressure Stick: 5 15/16” long.

This ball placement stick is used when a blue stick distance is needed but the QB is under pressure.

1 hour ago, zak99b5 said:

620-scale yards is added to the placement stic

I don't think field size makes a difference. 

This is how passing sticks work and I believe pressure sticks work the same way. But I'm not 100% positive about that.

Tudor Games Passing sticks differ a bit from those you may have seen in the past. Why? Well, rather than being based on any one field size or scale, the Tudor Games sticks are designed around one of the constants in the game of Electric Football—base lengths. Regardless of the field size you may play on, from small vintage boards to the Ultimate Tudor boards or any boards in between, we all use the similar bases and figures. The standard length of these bases then has become the basis by which the Tudor Games passing sticks were designed upon.

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈♾️

• Like 1

That makes perfect sense. 😃 I'm not great at math but it seems a ratio of 1 : .70 might work. ⚖️

A Tudor TTC base is 1 inch. I have a 620 and 5 yards is not quite 1.5 inches. On an Ultimate Field 5 yards in 2 inches.

A Tudor blue stick is 2 inches long, or about 5 yards on an Ultimate field. So, 2 times .70 = 1.4. 1.4 is about 5 yards on a 620.

A Tudor white stick is 4 inches long, or about 10 yards on an Ultimate field.  So, 4 times .70 = 2.8.  2.8 is about 10 yards on a 620. 

A Tudor red stick is 6 inches long, or about 15 yards on an Ultimate field. So. 6 times .70 = 4.2. 4.2 is about 15 yards on a 620.

I hope that helps. T43 🏈♾️

• Like 1

My sticks are based on 620 yards as noted above.

Measuring stick is 40 yards long.

Sort placement stick (up to 20 yards between QB and receiver) is 6 yards.

Middle (20-40 yard pass) is 12 yards.

Long (over 40 yard pass) is 18 yards.

I'm thinking for a pressure situation, add 2 yards to short, 4 yards to middle, and 6 yards to long?  Length of the stick to determine if defender is close enough to apply pressure would need to be like 6 or so yards, I'm thinking.

• Like 2

Actually, I'm rethinking the measuring the distance between defender and QB for pressure.  Rather than helmet to helmet, how about base-to-base, closest point.  Make the distance one base length (4 620 yards).  And the defender has to be headed toward the QB.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

Actually, I'm rethinking the measuring the distance between defender and QB for pressure.  Rather than helmet to helmet, how about base-to-base, closest point.  Make the distance one base length (4 620 yards).  And the defender has to be headed toward the QB.

I used helmet to helmet just to keep measurements consistent, Since QB to Receiver is measured helmet to helmet.

Also, we decided not to worried about orientation of the blitzer to avoid arguments about “is he” or “isn’t he” pointed correctly.

Just clarifying our thinking on the pressure stick rules, That being said you should always modify rules to your own taste.

• Like 2

No problem!

It is wise to make rules as cut and dried as possible.  Limiting judgement calls helps play move along.

As for measuring, I'll have to set up players 2 3/4" apart, helmet to helmet, and see how it looks.  It is easier to measure at the top.  And there's something for consistency as well.

• Like 3