Double elimination tournament

Capanther

AFL GAME 16

broncos 17 chiefs 16

A late lenny dawson interception ended the chiefs chances and the broncos move on to face the jets in the next round.....the game was close throughout and not decided until the last few plays.....great chiefs include : 16 dawson...89 otis taylor...14 ed podalack ...63 willie lanier...84 fred arbanas ....86 buck buchannon....51 jim lynch....and 61 curley culp.....great former broncos include : 44 floyd little...25 haven moses....11 bobby anderson....42 billy vanhusen ....55 pete duranko.....70 paul williams...and 87 rich tombstone jackson......up next will be the 1967 bigmen white jets vs the bigmen broncos.....the winner will move on to face the raiders in the AFL championship.

IMG_20240527_213203~2.jpg

IMG_20240527_213403~2.jpg

IMG_20240527_215704~2.jpg

IMG_20240527_215854~2.jpg

IMG_20240527_221107~2.jpg

IMG_20240527_223228~2.jpg

• Like 2

AFL GAME 17

BRONCOS 16 JETS 7

floyd little had another great game with 2 rushing tds ...and tombstone jackson and dave costa shutdown namath , snell and boozer for most of the game....the jets end their season and the broncos now face the raiders for a trip to the Superbowl on the line......great broncos include : 44 little....87 jackson....63 costa....55 pete duranko....88 al denson....57 tom jackson.....and 42 billy van huesen....great former jets include : 12 namath....41 snell....32 boozer....13 don maynard....75 winston hill....and 52 john schmitt.....washington awaits the winner of the broncos and raiders IMG_20240602_210726.thumb.jpg.fdedf5d3a2142ccd825df098f8c91c31.jpg

IMG_20240602_204115.jpg

IMG_20240602_204134.jpg

IMG_20240602_205210.jpg

IMG_20240602_213522~2.jpg

• Like 2

AFL CHAMPIONSHIP 

RAIDERS 21 BRONCOS 7

Stabler to Biletnikoff for 2 tds and the raiders move on to play the redskins in the super bowl....other highlights was a short marv hubbard td and floyd little nice run up the middle..... outstanding raiders from the past include : 25 Biletnikoff...12 stabler....44 hubbard...21 cliff branch...35 hewert dixon .....00 jim otto....41 phil villapiano...55 dan conner....and 60 otis sistrunk....great former broncos include : 44 little....55 pete duranko....87 rich tombstone jackson....63 dave costa...70 paul smith....25 haven moses ....and 11 bobby anderson.

IMG_20240606_213758~2.jpg

IMG_20240606_214901~2.jpg

IMG_20240606_215906~2.jpg

IMG_20240606_220116~2.jpg

IMG_20240606_221319.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 8:31 PM, Capanther said:

Stabler to Biletnikoff for 2 tds and the raiders move on to play the redskins in the super bowl.

We know how this ends. 😃👍

"Guy's 27-yard punt pinned Washington back at their own 12-yard line with 12 seconds left in the half. From there, head coach Joe Gibbs had Theismann run a screen play called "Rocket Screen", but Raiders linebacker Jack Squirek intercepted the pass and returned it 5 yards for a touchdown to give Los Angeles a 21–3 halftime lead. The defense was prepared for the play, as Theismann had successfully completed an identical screen pass to running back Joe Washington for a 67-yard gain in their 37–35 victory over the Raiders on October 2. In fact, Los Angeles linebackers coach Charlie Sumner had sent Squirek onto the field as a last-second substitution specifically to cover Washington."

"... On the last play of the third quarter, Plunkett handed the ball off to Allen, who started to run left as the play was designed. But after taking an unusually wide turn in that direction (he later confessed, "I messed up."), Allen saw a lot of defenders in front of him and cut back to the middle before taking off for a then-Super Bowl record 74-yard touchdown run, increasing Los Angeles' lead to 35–9."

"This marked the final game in the Hall of Fame career of Raiders linebacker Ted Hendricks, who retired upon earning his fourth Super Bowl ring (three with the Raiders and one with the Baltimore Colts)."

"The Raiders were the first team to score an offensive, defensive, and special teams touchdown in the same Super Bowl."

18.  Absolutely my favorite Super Bowl. 

Enjoy trying to rewrite history.  🏈♾️

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Terry43 said:

We know how this ends. 😃👍

"Guy's 27-yard punt pinned Washington back at their own 12-yard line with 12 seconds left in the half. From there, head coach Joe Gibbs had Theismann run a screen play called "Rocket Screen", but Raiders linebacker Jack Squirek intercepted the pass and returned it 5 yards for a touchdown to give Los Angeles a 21–3 halftime lead. The defense was prepared for the play, as Theismann had successfully completed an identical screen pass to running back Joe Washington for a 67-yard gain in their 37–35 victory over the Raiders on October 2. In fact, Los Angeles linebackers coach Charlie Sumner had sent Squirek onto the field as a last-second substitution specifically to cover Washington."

"... On the last play of the third quarter, Plunkett handed the ball off to Allen, who started to run left as the play was designed. But after taking an unusually wide turn in that direction (he later confessed, "I messed up."), Allen saw a lot of defenders in front of him and cut back to the middle before taking off for a then-Super Bowl record 74-yard touchdown run, increasing Los Angeles' lead to 35–9."

"This marked the final game in the Hall of Fame career of Raiders linebacker Ted Hendricks, who retired upon earning his fourth Super Bowl ring (three with the Raiders and one with the Baltimore Colts)."

"The Raiders were the first team to score an offensive, defensive, and special teams touchdown in the same Super Bowl."

18.  Absolutely my favorite Super Bowl. 

Enjoy trying to rewrite history.  🏈♾️

Great memory you have ....of course that game stands out for all the reasons you gave.....i always have admired the great players and coaches of what i call the good old days...but that screen pass right before the half might be the dumbest call ive ever seen.....lol...the marcus allen run was truly amazing......i remember when tony Dorset ran what i still say is the longest possible run from scrimmage in Monday night football that cant be beaten because the backside of the ball was as close to the goaline as it could get....but Dorset hit the hole and out ran everyone.....the allen touchdown was truly a one of a kind with the twists and turns.......you have to admire plunkett with the way he faced so much adversity and made the nay sayers eat crow for calling him washed up...what a great comeback player he was.

• Like 3

Super Bowl

Raiders 24 Washington 14

Raiders are champions with 24-14 win.......marv hubbard had 2 rushing  tds and phil villapiano hooked up with daryl lamonica for a 76 yd td pass....larry brown had 2 touchdowns for the redskins......i used the hog white raiders and hig dark yellow helmet redskins......great raiders today include : 44 hubbard....3 lamonica....55 dan conner....25 fred Biletnikoff.....21 cliff branch....00 jim otto....63 gene upshaw....78 art shell and 41 villapiano.....great redskins include: 43 brown....87 jerry smith....42 charlie Taylor....80 roy jefferson....55 chris hanburger....and 9 sonny jurgenson .......that wraps up this tournament.....i think for awhile ill just match up 2 teams i want to play and have some exhibition games for awhile.....thanks for all the nice comments and thanks to tudor for having this site.

IMG_20240623_180659~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_181353~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_182831~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_182632~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_185415~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_185758~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_182155~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_192204.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Capanther said:

thanks for all the nice comments

Thanks for inviting us along for your tournament. I like to see your teams with original Tudor painted jerseys. Those yellow plastic Redskins are beauties.

Your Vikings / Chiefs football field is one of my all-time favorites. Truly awesome combination of vintage teams and vintage field made for a vintage season I will always remember. 🤩

When did you make the decision to just use Standard (Rookie) Bases?

2 hours ago, Capanther said:

match up 2 teams i want to play and have some exhibition games for awhile

That is always fun. Sometimes more fun because a tournament, or prescribed season, can start to feel like an obligation.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3

Thanks...as far as bases i keep widetops and tweaked rookie bases a friend in ny fixed up for me about 10 years ago.....i just like it when a rb hits an open hole and he runs toward the goal line not to the sideline....tweaked bases help make that happen....i used to use the widetops for the line and the tweaked rookies for the skill position...i might go back to that when i play the exhibition games.....i think with the exhibition games ill talk a little more about the history of tudor and the various teams ...thats always been my contribution to the hobby i think anyway......i look at some of the painters and decal guys and the new figures and think its really cool and those guys do great things.....i guess ill just keep showing the old classics.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Capanther said:

with the exhibition games ill talk a little more about the history of tudor and the various teams

Excellent idea. If you write enough then, perhaps, you'll wake up one morning and realize you've written a book. Now wouldn't that something for the NEFGMuseum? 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey.     T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3