Black Helmet Saints

The Original 1969 Hong Kong, Hog Leg, Black Helmet Saints is one of the rarest teams produced by Tudor, having only a one-time limited production run. Produced in Dark Jerseys and White Jerseys, the Saints only wore this helmet in the 1969 preseason. This morning in searching ebay, I found these 2 teams currently listed   Tudor Electric Football Original Hog Legs Saints Black Helmet Dark Jersey  | eBayTudor Electric Football Original Hog Legs Saints Black Helmet White Jersey  | eBay. The last time I say any of these teams listed a Dark Jeresy team sold for $850 and a white Jeresy team sold for $315. both these teams seem look to be in near mint condition but the Dark Jersey team is an 'error" having 12 players and not the traditional amount of "fab 5" poses. 

I have them on my watchlist, since I am very interested in seeing what they wind up selling for. Typically, on teams like this, the bidding starts out slow but goes into a bidding war at the last minute. Here are some pics. 

796520489_BlackHelmetSaintsBJ.thumb.jpg.5de84c89af3945aca8bae777c1d501d5.jpg

1460043007_BlackHelmetSaintsBJ(5).thumb.jpg.1f9ecb2aca4c7f22aa73bdac74304817.jpg

615511696_BlackHelmetSaintsBJ(3).thumb.jpg.996ca7ecb75c1bed6568f26b02ea96c7.jpg

250252526_BlackHelmetSaintsWJ.thumb.jpg.cbee12d20ee3db2bcc192e4d320b7f6e.jpg

1185168004_BlackHelmetSaintsWJ(2).thumb.jpg.57d1f7435cd1535154b7cd7f0ab71563.jpg

508236489_BlackHelmetSaintsWJ(4).thumb.jpg.58788b49bd9fb374cb67cc13792861aa.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Daryl Collins said:

Definitely out of my price range. I hope these are reproduced in UniForms! Somewhere out there, in a nondescript attic, there are these teams, just sitting there, in the original bags. My dream find!

Yeah, mine too. Yes this would be a great addition to the Uni-forms (Doug, Wyatt???). In original factory sealed bags probably would bring thousands or should I dare say "PRICELESS"!!! 

Hey I saw this in an email I got. I have an old field that has a black saints helmet on it instead of the gold. I used to have a picture of it but I dont anymore. It's the field with the white sides and the teams of the nfls helmets are all along the outside. I believe it's from the 70s. Do you know anything about this?

So the auctions on these 2 teams has ended. The Black Jerseys sold for $150 and the White Jerseys sold for $305. Saw the White Jerseys go from $141.50 to the $305 in the last 5 seconds. The black jerseys remained at $150 for at least the last 12 hrs. Black jerseys typically sell for more than white jerseys but I guess since this team did not have the usual figures with it made them to be condidered less valuable than normal. Was very interesting following these auctions. 

Edited by nefgm.org

On 6/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, nefgm.org said:

So the auctions on these 2 teams has ended. The Black Jerseys sold for $150 and the White Jerseys sold for $305. Saw the White Jerseys go from $141.50 to the $305 in the last 5 seconds. The black jerseys remained at $150 for at least the last 12 hrs. Black jerseys typically sell for more than white jerseys but I guess since this team did not have the usual figures with it made them to be condidered less valuable than normal. Was very interesting following these auctions. 

I'm glad the price of these came down a Lil for people to afford & get more easily. 

• Like 1

As a collector and in my experience there are several teams I feel are much more rare than black helmet saints...dark hogleg falcons....dark hog spear Redskins and white jersey green helmet hog eagles in my opinion are much more rare.....I have seen and or owned only 2 or 3 of each......I would say at least once every month or two..... black helmet saints will pop up on eBay but again...it's just my opinion and experience over the years....just wanted to share.

• Like 1