Some 1926 NFL Teams

Hey all,

Just finished four 1926 NFL teams. These are my first attempts at painting, and I'm pretty happy with the results. These figures are painted with Testors Enamel paints. I made the Hartford Blues, the Packers, the Pottsville Maroons, and the Frankford Yellow Jackets. The players are also numbered off the rosters from that season. I made the decals for Frankford myself. It was a challenge to make lines on Frankford's helmets, so next time I have to do stripes I may try a a paint pen. In the coming weeks I will make the '26 Giants, Providence Steam Roller, Dayton Triangles, and the AFL Philadelphia Quakers.

I'll remember to take horizontal photos next time...

IMG_1314.JPG

66455635290__85D92EC0-4936-4689-AF9A-A21D1882B684.JPG

66509656795__66FC7433-B3AA-47E7-A226-E70EC8F09877.JPG

66509653010__78599CC6-E319-4783-87AC-037B1934B382.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

Edited by LandofLogic
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

Those teams look great.  Where did you get info about the unis?  GUD?

Yes, the best, and really only place to get info on uniforms. I even had a conversation with one of the guys from GUD on Frankford's helmets, which led him to updating the uniform on the site a little. I plan to do some 30s and 40s teams down the line, and maybe some 60s teams. My only problem with more recent teams is that there is not a whole lot of difference between the uniforms of today and the 1960s when it comes to painting since Tudor figures don't have insane amounts of detail (which I am fine with). So the 1966 Bears aren't going to be too discernable from the 1988 Bears. I think using the face masks they sell here will help, but I do wish they had more than 3 single bar masks per sprue.

Edited by LandofLogic
  • Like 3