Large lot--Getting ready to paint!

I've finished up a big stripping and re-priming project.  Decided to strip down and repaint my entire collection.  I've got enough "blank" figures for about 10 full teams (22 players each) now.  Guess what I'll be doing for a while! 🙂

Started out by cleaning up all the figures--taking off any flashing edges and burrs as best I could.  Sanding down those lines pays dividends later.  Next came the stripping.  I stripped them in batches using Easy Off on most and alcohol on others.  Let me tell you, Easy Off is the way to go.  WEAR GLOVES and eye protection--seriously.  Next, wash and dry with soap and water.  I built a simple priming rig using just angled cardboard pieces.  Used a glossy white primer.  Voila!  All finished (just a portion are pictured).  They are all dry and separated by type in resealable bags waiting for me to build my teams.

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3659.JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tb69 said:

Hope you post pics!

I most certainly will!   I think my first team will be an opponent for my 1980 Georgia Bulldog team.  I think I will go with the 1980 Notre Dame team--Georgia's opponent in that year's Sugar Bowl.  Georgia narrowly won that game on some very fortunate and heads up special teams play.  Tense ballgame.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, TUDOR - Doug said:

Easy Off!  Tried Simple Green, Goo Gone, many others.  thanks for the tip!

Learned about Easy Off from the Electric Coach.  I tested it against another recommended product--99% alcohol.  Easy Off beat it hands down.  Took a little scrubbing, but overall it was very effective.  But you have to wear gloves and eye protection.  That stuff is caustic.

• Like 1