Miggle Monday Night Football

MK1603

Hi all

I recently purchased a Monday Night Football board by Miggle recently and due to be delivered in mid December

Cannot seem to find much information about this board and only picked it up because it was a fair price and came with a couple of teams and some extra accessories

Has anyone ever played on one of these boards or owns one? Is it any good??

Thanks 🙂 

Mike

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by MK1603

I never had that exact board but I had the Super Bowl edition they were manufacturing right around the same time. I got it as a kid, probably in 1997 or 1998. Miggle released that Monday Night game right around the same time and, as far as I know, they were built the same way, just with a slightly different paint job. Mine played very well and continued to do so when I got back out a few years ago after years of sitting in storage. It did get a little warped in one corner but that didn’t affect gameplay much. It was a good board and I imagine yours will be too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, sounds good 🙂 Looking forward to playing on it. I hope it survives the journey from the US to the UK but that's the gamble buying from overseas on ebay unfortunately!. My current board did so I am confident it will be fine. Will post a picture when it arrives and is set up

• Like 1

Should have known to check your site for the info! Looks great 😀 I did see one on eBay with the lights but they wanted an extortionate amount, plus shipping and import charges

My board I picked up for around 100 US and that included shipping and import so a good deal in my opinion

• Like 1

It finally came! So far very happy with the purchase. Just wondering. How do you mount the scoreboard? I know the yellow clips come into play but I'm not sure if this even clips onto the board? Or is a stand alone accessory that doesn't clip on?

Thanks

1638820348498201815295802627676.jpg

16388203695753772363648955323831.jpg

Apartment hasn't burnt down. The smell went away after a little while 😂 motor runs a little warm though but cools quite quickly. I guess this is to be expected? I hope it isn't because it's plugged into a plug socket via a US to UK plug adapter. Hopefully I don't blow the board up or have the motor sent on fire

So far so good though. Runs nicely some really big running and passing plays. A lot of first downs because the board is smaller than my 9092. May use my 9092 for 11 man games and this one for 6,7 or 8 a side 🙂

Gave up with the scoreboard I thought it would be solid plastic but never mind. Overall though it's a great piece of equipment I look forward to using 🙂

Yes I believe UK is 50HZ and yeah I'm pretty sure that it does step down the voltage. I have been playing this board the last 2 evenings, with last evening the motor was nowhere near as warm to when I first started playing, so I think it is going to be okay. I do not leave the unit unattended when plugged in but if i start having issues I will probably have to buy an actual unit that steps the voltage down, but so far so good 👍

So, the original Tudor and later Miggle motor works (basically) by reversing magnetic polarity with the Hz of the AC voltage changing polarity, acting on the bolt that's threaded into the field.  You adjust the "speed" of the board by bringing the tip of that bolt closer or farther away from the electromagnet, getting a stronger or weaker 60Hz magnetic pull.  So the board always vibrates at the same speed, just different intensity.  

Your MNF board, of course, is vibrating at 50Hz, not 60.  I doubt that difference has any real impact on gameplay since the screw is adjustable, but I'd bet with the screw in the same position, the board would run a little differently at the two AC frequencies.

• Like 1

Hi Zak

Thank you for the info I do appreciate the time you have taken to look into this! Very interesting how that all works although I do not understand properly seems like a fairly intricate design for something so small

I accidentally cranked the board up all the way and nearly deafened myself so I won't be doing that again 😂

The board in my opinion runs great just a small dead spot around the 10 yard line on opposite end to the motor, but that is to be expected but usually my players are able to get through that spot with not much issue

I have a voltage splitter arriving today, hopefully does not hamper the performance of the board and that it reduces how warm the motor runs. But I will take safety over performance! I do run a multi stop system on my game so the motor is not running at a high speed constantly, I am conscious about leaving it running for extended periods

Played on the board with the power cable plugged into the step down voltage converter. Works perfectly and motor does not run hot or even warm so I think that has done the trick. Saved a possible visit from the Fire Department!

Thanks for pointing this out to me it seems you were right about the issue and the voltage just needed to be stepped down 🙂 so now feel a lot more comfortable that the motor wont blow up!

• Like 2