Defensive backs in solitary play

Simes549

What's your strategy? Right on the line to bump, hoping your looping linebacker gets there before the receivers gets free? Or turned to match the receivers angle on the line, hoping your back goes the right way? Or???

I usually put might 5 yards off to bump the receiver, hoping to get to the an before any passing. 

No wrong answers, we all play a little different and hearing others says may get us to add something. So what's your strategy?

It depends on the coverage called.  My teams play man to man, strong and weak side zones, quarters.  If i'm blitzing, play man to man and the corners are either playing bump and run or are off about 4 yards to start, then run with the receiver. (I use a multi-stop system, so after the first stop, they turn and run with the receiver.  If no blitz, corners play 6 to 8 yards off and run with the receiver.   If playing zone, the corner on the side the zone is rotating plays on the line or 4 yards off, the other corner is 8 to 10 yards off in the deep zone.  Also, if its strong side zone and the strong safety is playing the strong side short zone, then the corner is back 8 to 10 yards.