TnPEFL WK 7 "Season Finale" Game Schedule and Preview

nefgm.org

WK 7 Preview of the TnPEFL
This week's games will be played on the 2007 Excalibur Electronics NFL "Vibrating Football" Model No. NF-07 game board. This is the company that took over the NFL Licensing from Miggle Toys / Tudor Games in 2006. Attractive graphics and packaging, but poor product quality and performance. Featured push button "2 Speed BLITZING" game play action and battery powered portability. Contained an order form to "Order your favorite NFL teams" but, as far as I know, they never produced these teams. Only made it through one Holiday Shopping Season. I bought two of these games from JC Penney's at a 50% off $49.99 Sale Price - reduced from $100 - Pre-Christmas Clearance Sale and one of those has never worked. This one at least works and runs decently. Going to play some "quick game timing" format, short games on it. 4 plays from the 50, per team, per quarter. Most Points or Most Yardage Gained per possession. Most yardage gained will give that team 2 points for that possession. Another possible tournament format experiment, similar to that first used by Miggle Toys, at their early Electric Football Convention and Super Bowl of Electric Football Tournaments. "Just a little ELECTRIC FOOTBALL history lesson" from the Founder and Curator of The National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum (nefgm.org)"

1595561684_WK7PREVIEW2.thumb.png.d8f38efb79b89f954e71245bc0c11eb0.png

The only positive side to Excalibur was their figures. Similar to Tudor/Miggle but with an old school looking helmet and more detailed faces. I predict the Southmen make a rug out of the Bears and finish the season undefeated, the Cherokee scalp the Oilers and the Titans pull off the upset and sink the Showboats. 

• Like 1

Yeah Al, I have seen the figures used by several people in both solitaire and competition teams. I have 3 sets of these figures that are still packaged with the original games. I may have one other set though, I forget. Will have to look. The one gameboard that works is performing suprisingly well. The 2 speeds make for some very interesting  game play.  I like your predictions except already wrong on one. Not saying which one, though. Will have to waif for the final rssults post. 

• Like 2