More from my collection

I like testors. Last team I painted was with the Apple Barrel type craft paints from Wally World, and it took like three coats for each color to get just decent coverage. 

I’m liking the Bills. Think I’ll do them with the red team that came with the ultimate board. 

• Like 1

I began painting with craft paints when I couldn't get colors I wanted from Testors. Don't like to mix custom colors either. Craft paints come in more variety of colors, and cheaper and last longer. Some colors I have had for over 5 years or more. Yes does take a few more coats some times but I still like the overall look of them. I usually prime the figures with white or gray primer first but mostly because I buy the pre-painted figures from Tudor because they are the cheapest. I can still get a good durable finish by spraying the painted figures with either matte or glossy clear coat. I use to only do matte coat but had a customer that wanted a lot of small college division teams and defunct league teams and wanted a glossy finish. I also did them for him cheaper than I normally would. I have pics of some of those teams that i will post later.  Like I have said, painting teams is probably what I enjoy most about the game and hobby and I do it more for relaxation than anything else.