Posted (edited)

The #1 seed and the #2 seed stumbled and lost to the #3 seed and the #4 seed.

The #4 Meteor knocked out the #1 Angels of Avalon by a score of 43 to 35. The Meteor were led by the rushing of HB #32 who had 213 yards on 6 carries and 2 touchdowns.

The #3 Baja Blast ran out the clock to overcome the #2 Welsh Dragons 33 to 32. The Baja Blast fullback #43 chewed up the clock and rushed for 84 yards on 5 carries on the last two drives of the 4th quarter. FB #43 scored both touchdowns in the 4th quarter.

2024ExpansionDraft.thumb.png.12d970312cc381be34ef539505191a6e.png

The Meteor acquired Tailback #37, Cornerback #30,  and Outside Linebacker #58 from the Angels of Avalon.

The Baja Blast acquired Tailback #20, Cornerback #33, Wide Receiver #3, Wide Receiver/Kick Returner #7, Outside Linebacker # 55, Tight End/ Defensive End # 98, and Quarterback #10 from the Welsh Dragons.

The Baja Blast moved WR #7 to Tight End and changed number to #84 to reflect position change.

Enjoy the Journey    T43.    🏈♾️

Edited by Terry43
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Awesome, that’s why we play the games! Who has the edge in the championship game in your opinion, if you had to put a point spread on it?

Edited by Carl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Carl said:

championship game... if you had to put a point spread on it?

This is difficult for me because I painted the little plastic peeps, tweaked all the bases, and practiced the plays over-and-over until they were getting it right. When a team loses it hurts. That said, there is a wild card on the field. I believe Meteor Defensive End / Tackle #74 will make the difference. (In the strength video I posted #74 pushed 6 times his body weight but like Bruce Willis' character in the movie Unbreakable, I have no idea of #74's limit)

For the sake of prognostication I believe #74 will make an impact on the required two-point conversion. On offense #74 will either miss a routine block (unlikely because #74 is made of plastic and doesn't get distracted by his wife asking him to come look at the baby deer 😇 ) or #74 will hit the Baja Blast QB at the goal line and stop the QB a yard short. But I wouldn't bet on that.

So, Meteor by 2. However, I've got absolutely no idea which little plastic peep will win the day.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️ 

• Like 3

Listening to Cowherd, he says the only player on the field worth a 2 point swing is the QB. I push back on that because I believe L. T., Singletary, Ray Ray, ect., is worth 2 just stepping onto the field! Meteor 74 sounds like he’s worth 2 points. Wow! The pairing of that base and that figure is magic! It would not work with any other figure. I truly believe that.

Journey On!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 5:52 AM, Daryl Collins said:

is worth 2 just stepping onto the field!

George Atkinson. Ronnie Lott. Troy Polamalu. Cliff Harris. etc. Float like a butterfly — sting like a freakin' Freight Train.

On 5/24/2024 at 5:52 AM, Daryl Collins said:

It would not work with any other figure.

It didn't work. I tried the base on a running back figure (I was thinking fullback because he runs so straight) and the little plastic peep was just normal strength (and he didn't run straight!).

I'm so superstitious. I got away with the figure exchange once but I'm not going to tempt fate again. 

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

On 5/23/2024 at 11:04 AM, Terry43 said:

This is difficult for me because I painted the little plastic peeps, tweaked all the bases, and practiced the plays over-and-over until they were getting it right. When a team loses it hurts.

I also tend to get caught up in certain teams story as it develops throughout the season.

Last year it was wanting the Maui Moonsharks to repeat as Champions but they fell short.
   This year it was the Iowa Harts still looking for their first ever win in the league.   They lost the first game of the season.  
it seems that if I start rooting for a team they are doomed.

Looks like you have a great championship game ahead of you even if the participants were a surprise!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Terry43 said:

It didn't work. I tried the base on a running back figure (I was thinking fullback because he runs so straight) and the little plastic peep was just normal strength (and he didn't run straight!).

It is amazing how this is usually true.   I have shifted bases to the exact same style figure and it loses its talent somehow.  (I do this when trying to get a named player into his NFL correct position - but the base swap usually doesn’t work so they end up playing the opposite side)

• Like 3

On 5/25/2024 at 3:07 PM, Coach Shawn said:

it seems that if I start rooting for a team they are doomed.

Yep. The same thing happened to my Christmas Spirit. First they fell to the Sirens of Titan in the Fruit Bowl, and then they fell to the Oughtin' Otters in the next Fruit Bowl. The next season they didn't make it to the playoffs. 

Still, I enjoyed the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3