News from the Con?

I was. Had everything set to go. Then life happened and dictated I be here. I have a policy that I don’t bring the personal, political, or needless controversial subjects to the Forum. I was looking forward to the Con more than anything in a long time. I had my teams tuned up to compete! I believe everything happens in its own good time. I will, Lord willing, make the next one.

Journey On!

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

Any news from the Con?

Here's a few pictures from Facebook. The pictures were posted by Rkgames Richard.

image.thumb.png.6fbbc779d14a9debbaa156e857911ea1.png

image.thumb.png.d483c95b2e5f2739e24a3a132ead98dc.png

image.thumb.png.b179d9771618f9505c224d92fa827366.png

image.thumb.png.ec8463664fc2d6eb035ce149429323c2.png

image.thumb.png.f4869c87a89bdbd840ea8663fb4bb2a0.png

image.thumb.png.dad202577280fc956ce9dc92a917b09a.png

The pictures may be from Friday Night. There's no date stamp.

Why are the games up on styrofoam risers?

Enjoy the journey.    T43.     🏈♾️

• Like 2

I live about an hour away and drove up for a couple hours yesterday.  Fun environment!  Lots of nice folks!  This would have been a dream when I was a kid.  

Edited by Greg F
  • Like 3

Well coach Daryl whatever it was I hope things turn out well. I remember your excitement and enthusiasm about going. And even competing. This hobby needs more people like you and the forum wouldn’t be as fun without you so again hope all is well.

• Like 3

It was a great weekend. Thanks for the pics Terry 43. I have several and there are hundreds more that can be found on Facebook. There is video of the Championship game on Facebook. and hopefully I will be able to download it for my files. The tournament was won by Paul "Raiderman" Bartels over Adrian Baxter in one of the more exciting Championship Games I have seen in a while. Fanks Jacobs and Jim "Hulk" Davis were the other conference Championship participants. Overall, there were 40 coaches participating in the tournament. A good mix of Veteran Coaches and first-time tournament coaches. The rules were very easy to play. and everyone seemed to enjoy playing by these rules.  

Myself and several others meet with Bryan Nutt and his wife Anne last night to discuss the successes of this tournament and ways we can improve for next year. YES!! we plan to make this an annual event. 

It was great seeing and reconnecting with people that I had not seen in a while and also meeting and talking with a lot of the new people that have come into the game and hobby. 

The round robin games were played on the new mini ultimate size game boards. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a new game board to get one of these. 

It will take me a while to get rested from and caught up with everything.  but I will post more as I have time. All I can really say for now is start planning to attend next year. It promises to be bigger and even better than this year's event. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Myself and several others meet with Bryan Nutt and his wife Anne last night to discuss the successes of this tournament and ways we can improve for next year. YES!! we plan to make this an annual event.

9 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

I have several and there are hundreds more that can be found on Facebook. There is video of the Championship game on Facebook.

Please ask Bryan, or his wife Anne, to post hourly updates to the Tudor Forum (in addition to Facebook). It takes seconds to copy and paste. 😃👍

The hourly updates adopted for ReaperCon is a good business model.

Enjoy the Journey.     T43.     🏈♾️

• Like 2

Do we have any news at the Con about the Uni-forms new unis (like the new Lions and Broncos...even if they just arrived i know) about when they should be available and also do they think they will bring back the already NFL painted teams and also maybe some new NCAA teams as well.

Cheers, Ben

• Like 1

This is not a criticism. This is a plea, really. I understand that a lot of coaches use Facebook. I do not due to the potential to innocently post something my employer finds objectionable and therefore a terminable offense.

That being said, I find it curious that on Tudor’s own Forum, on one of the most important events of the year….crickets. I go on YouTube to watch videos. There hasn’t been a new video post on YouTube since the TAP rules were introduced. I’ve only watched those 12 times apiece. I can quote dialogue.

I don’t want to seem like the old man yelling at the clouds, but I seriously hope Tudor will throw a bone here. I realize that maybe it’s like trying to find a good VHS player to play my movies when everyone else is streaming content, and I feel like a doofus hoping some other coach will post something about the weekend. 
Old school. Out of touch. Maybe. But this whole hobby is made up of coaches trying to keep an old school hobby relevant and viable in the 21st century. 
Thank you for the time to vent. Plead. I hope I have not wasted your time.

Jpurney On!

• Like 6

Thank you Coach Daryl.

Every word you wrote resonated with me. 😃👍  Thank you for writing my thoughts so eloquently.

The big event at Tudorcon seems to be the opportunity to compete against other coaches — which is a non-starter for me a solitaire player. From what I've read on the Forum many coaches have come up with truly inspired ways to keep their solitaire games competitive. Letting the dice decide the play, or the formation, for example.

The one thing that Tudor has that keeps me coming back is the Forum. Yet, the Forum seems to be the last thing on Tudor's mind. There's an expression, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Like Daryl said... crickets. I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a post from Bryan's Solitaire Tournament on the Forum.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Terry43 said:

The big event at Tudorcon seems to be the opportunity to compete against other coaches

Absolutely!! That is the main purpose of most electric football gatherings and why events like TudorCon were ever started in the first place. Read the history: Plugged IN!! – The National Electric Football Game Museum (nefgm.org)The Tweak – The National Electric Football Game Museum (nefgm.org

• Like 1