For those who may not know yet... :( :( :(

Saw this on Yahoo. Like him or not he made football history. Dedicated to all who have the Juice on their Buffalo Bills teams or are just plain fans. O.J. Simpson dead at 76 after battle with cancer, family announces.  I got to see him when the Bills destroyed my 49ers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

1973 I was 12 and visiting family in Tennessee. They had the Jets-Bills game on and I got to see O.J. break the record. That’s the O.J. I choose to remember.

Journey On!

I remember watching that game as well. What a player! Check out OJ's two TD runs in our Super Bowl

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:04 PM, Daryl Collins said:

1973 I was 12 and visiting family in Tennessee. They had the Jets-Bills game on and I got to see O.J. break the record. That’s the O.J. I choose to remember.

Journey On!

I also remember that game.  It is a wonderful football memory.   Personally I just will never be able to put him on any of my teams.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 8:24 AM, Coach Shawn said:

Personally I just will never be able to put him on any of my teams

On 4/14/2024 at 8:58 AM, Daryl Collins said:

Me neither.

I don't name my Little Plastic Peeps, and I'm not sure why Coach Shawn and Coach Collins wouldn't name one of their little Plastic Peeps OJ Simpson, but IF I was inclined to name a Little Plastic Peep I would use OJ Simpson's name.

I copied this from a Fox News story:

"The Bills drafted Simpson as the first overall pick in 1969, a year after he won the Heisman Trophy while playing at USC. He would go on to be League MVP in 1973, and was the league leader in rushing yards multiple times in the 1970s.

Simpson played 11 NFL seasons — nine with the Bills, where he became known as “The Juice” with an offensive line known as “The Electric Company,” and two with the San Francisco 49ers. He won four NFL rushing titles, rushed for 11,236 yards in his career, scored 76 touchdowns and played in five Pro Bowls. He was later inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985.

When he retired, Simpson held (or shared) the record for seven different stats, according to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. At the time of his death, the 76-year-old still held a few of them.

During the 14-game 1973 season, Simpson became the first back in the NFL to rush for over 2,000 yards — specifically, he recorded 2,003 yards thanks to a 200-yard game in the last game of the season, according to the Bills. That’s the most of any Bills player on record. In that same season, Simpson recorded an average of 143.1 yards rushing per game, a record that still holds today. Among modern-day players, only Adrian Peterson and Derrick Henry have come close, recording 131.1 yards in 2012, and 126.7 yards in 2020, respectively.

Simpson shares another record with Peterson and Henry: the most games with 200 yards or more rushing. All three have recorded six games, but, with Henry still in the league, we could soon see Simpson fall from the top of that podium.

Henry is also one big game away from toppling another Simpson record: the most games with 250 yards or more rushing. Simpson has two — a 250-yard game against the New England Patriots in 1973, and a 273-yard game against the Detroit Lions in 1976. In both seasons, Simpson twice had consecutive games in which he surpassed 200 yards rushing, more than any other back has recorded thus far.

“I was part of the history of the game,” Simpson said years after his career ended. “If I did nothing else in my life, I’d made my mark.”

Amen.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Terry43 said:
On 4/14/2024 at 8:58 AM, Daryl Collins said:

I don't name my Little Plastic Peeps, and I'm not sure why Coach Shawn and Coach Collins wouldn't name one of their little Plastic Peeps OJ Simpson, but IF I was inclined to name a Little Plastic Peep I would use OJ Simpson's name.

In clarifying, I do believe OJ was one of the greatest Football players to ever play the game.  Nor would I begrudge anyone placing OJ’s name on an EF figure.

• Like 3

In my head, I have separated the O.J. Simpson the football player, "the Juice", from O.J. Simpson, the man.  That has allowed me to rationalize having O.J. on my Buffalo Bills teams since I brought them into my league in 1977.  Just can't overlook the fantastic football player he was when he played.  I don't worry about what the little plastic O.J. is doing off the field because I'm pretty sure he can't get into trouble... 🙂

• Like 5

I have wrestled with this and must confess, I got out my standing buffalo Bills done in Uni-Forms and….. there was #32! If I gave any indication I was reticent to place him on a team, I was clearly duplicitous. 
I feel shame. 
But that team does look good!

Journey On!

• Like 2

I heard Liza Minnelli belt out these lyrics when I was a young man and the words are still apt today...

"What good is sitting alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum
Come to the cabaret."

Enjoy the Cabaret. 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 2