A little help

I’m out of pocket but have a question nagging me. The 70s Tudor set with the Patriots and 49ers was always such a unique pairing of teams and, even though I was not a fan of either team, I really wanted that set! I need the info on that set please. 
Thank you!

Journey On!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 10:13 AM, Daryl Collins said:

I’m out of pocket but have a question nagging me. The 70s Tudor set with the Patriots and 49ers was always such a unique pairing of teams and, even though I was not a fan of either team, I really wanted that set! I need the info on that set please. 
Thank you!

Journey On!

1971 and 1972 Model 635. Patriots and 49ers was the default team pairings. Specific team pairings or regional team parings could be requested by retailers. Check out the 1972 Toy Fair Catalog in the NEFGM Library. https://nefgm.org/tudor-games-toy-fair-products-catalogs/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Patriots did play the 49ers in week 7 of the 1971 season, in San Francisco. It may also simply be that Tudor had an inventory overstock of those teams. 

I’m betting on overstock lol

• Like 1

Awesome Possum! I knew someone would come through! I used to be so enamored with this set because it just seemed odd in all the right places. 
A quirky thing about me that continues to this day is, I have my favorite teams, but when I order, I tend to choose teams off the slippery side of my mind. When I order custom painted teams, I always tend towards a team or teams that are not in any way my favorites. For whatever reason, I have a lot of fun that way.

Journey On!

• Like 1

I found it dude! On eBay.

image.thumb.png.d30a02bc0a9a2b2f1730eaec25fa1354.pngDo you still want it?

Item description from the seller

Up for sale is a classic Electric Board Game - Tudor Electric Football Game NFL MODEL 635 (1973) 49ers Vs Patriots With Box. Perfect for football fans of all ages, this game includes all the necessary components for a fun-filled gaming experience. The game is in excellent working condition and comes with its original box. 

The game features two iconic NFL teams, the 49ers and the Patriots, and is sure to provide hours of entertainment. This is a great opportunity to own a piece of gaming history. Don't miss out on the chance to add this rare item to your collection!

Enjoy the Journey     T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1