Legal WR formations

Greg F

I need ideas on what  is considered legal and illegal WR formations in different solitaire leagues.  I find myself using basic formations, even when a team can’t get open using those.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 2

The only restrictions that I know of regarding Receivers is that at least 2 must be on the line of scrimmage and all others at least one yard behind the line of scrimmage. I think the ones on the line of scrimmage must be on opposite ends of the line. In other words, you can't have both receivers on one side of the line and have an interior lineman on the opposite end unless he has reported as an eligible receiver. You also cannot have one end covering another end lined up on the line. The defense is typically only allowed to jam a receiver at the line of scrimmage and must release them beyond 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. 

Very difficult in electric football because of the short duration of time it takes to execute a play without using a multi-stop style of play. The best thing to do is to place WR's on Round Front Bases and use figures that don't have arms or appendages that stick out away from the body that another player can grap on to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:52 AM, Greg F said:

I need ideas on what  is considered legal and illegal WR formations in different solitaire leagues.

Have you tried a Wide Receiver Screen?

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

The best thing to do is to place WR's on Round Front Bases and use figures that don't have arms or appendages that stick out away from the body that another player can grab on to.

This is excellent advice.

I don't think a formation is a substitute for base strength and speed. Maybe it's possible. In my league I kept drafting Wide Receivers until I found WRs that are absolute beasts. Strong as a gorilla and fast as a cheetah. A cheerilla.

I posted a longer version of this video when you asked about TEs. My answer is the same for WRs. Note the receiver has arms sticking way out and the defender simply can't 'grab hold' because the receiver has run past.

Draft, draft, draft.

Enjoy the Journey    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our league has the normal rules about the end men on the LOS are eligible (7 total on the line) and 4 in the backfield.  If a backfield player is out past the tackles, we have them placed 5 yards off the LOS by rule.  Running backs in the tackle box 10 yards off the LOS are eligible for the automatic handoff (no stops during a rushing play), but they can be set closer to the line, as long as they are at least a base length behind the man in front of them.  In this case they are still eligible receivers.

These rules make certain real football WR formations illegal in our game.  Maybe we will address that before next season starts.  But the current system does work pretty well overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1