Long Island EFL BREAKING NEWS: (LIEFL Regular Season Completed)

Long island EFL

Long Island Electric Football League BREAKING NEWS! December 11, 2023. 

download(13)(1).jpg.4d155c4768791d0f48fd196247fd9513.jpgEFLLOGO.jpg.a840b30ff14a5005d99e6be11bb012f4.jpgDear Electric Football Colleagues!

May you and your families have a wonderful and blessed holiday season.The Long Island Electric Football League has made a decision not to write up regular season game summaries further. One suggestion is, maybe there should be a separate category "League Games" so it better directs possible interest in leagues?

Finally, after spending hours writing the article on the final Week 7 games in the Forum, it all disappeared from the Forum, and we have no idea why, but as we bring the 2023 season to a close we have an announcement to make.
The time and dedication it takes to write these articles unfortunately, does not warrant the demand to read them by our readers as we thought. In fact, we've noticed over the last few years that we've been writing the articles to a small number of people, so we thank those who showed interest. Readers were not so much interested in league game summaries based on the research we completed. We are totally okay with this, it's just as we said, the dedication invested has not been worthy of the community interest we received in the public forum. Our goal was to make electric football a greater part of the Forum community and to keep the hobby strong, and we think we did our part for the game. 

It's been wonderful sharing our league information with you, but from this point on we will only publish final end of the year Standings, Leaderboard, Coaching Records, and BIG game summary write-ups like the upcoming LIEFL Playoffs, Pro-Bowl, and LIEFL Super Bowl game in 2023, and 2024. The League will retire in 2024 and at that time we will decide what we will do with all of our teams! 

For those of you who have been following the league and the summaries that we write, thank you so much. We hope our game summaries inspired people from other leagues to do the same. We hope it helps Electric football enthusiasts to progress the love everyone has for the game.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
The LIEFL!
Edited by Long island EFL
INFO ADDED
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

The time and dedication it takes to write these articles unfortunately, does not warrant the demand to read them by our readers as we thought. In fact, we've noticed over the last few years that we've been writing the articles to a small number of people,

I've felt the same way at times. It seems odd to write a book that no one will read, or paint a picture that no one will see, or writing a song that no one will hear. The wide-spread sharing seems to be the Return on Investment. However, I'm not sure about that external notion of Return on Investment. 

Writing the book is a journey. Painting the picture is a journey. Writing a song is a journey. The intrinsic value (for me) is in the journey. 

My posts on the Tudor Forum are a journey. Like Henry David Thoreau I'm happy to make my electric football journey alone, but I don't know, and most people don't know, about the ripples.

The ripples the LIEFL created reached Cody, Wyoming. I will miss those ripples. But I have the memories. I might be mistaken but I believe memories are all we get to take with us on the journey.

Thank you for the memories..

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3

So it’s almost a week to Christmas and the train guys have their layouts up and running, the decorations people have their displays up and displaying and the electric football guys are….scaling back? At Christmas? Where most of all of our best memories started? Is it the change in leadership? Holiday malaise? Waning from the waxing?

I saw a great post in the Forum about a coach and his grandkids. Fantastic post. I have had times in the past when I wasn’t as involved or cut back. It’s understandable. Eventually I cranked back up and found the thrill all over again. I hope those of you not feeling it so much this year, will get the love of our great hobby once again. 

Journey On!

• Like 3

Lives do seem to get busier for some at this time of year. However, I will say that interest in electric football seems to be at an all-time high with the amount of activity on the FB groups that has been going on for the last several weeks. Mostly just a casual interest in passing and remembrance of a childhood game that I am sure will disappear in another week. 

• Like 2