Beenutt figures

Daryl Collins

How about the size comparison? Are they too big to play alongside the Haiti Repro style, or could the Beenutt figures possibly be used as Lineman? 

Or maybe 67 Big Men could be used as offensive/defensive line and Beenutt figures as Tight ends and Linebackers and Haiti Repro as defensive backs and receivers. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Personally, I like to keep my teams all one size and type of figure. Either Hati Repro or 67 Big Men. but then I also only use 11-player "ironman" squads for my solitaire teams. The only time I have mixed figures and used different sizes together have been for the league and tournament teams that I have created with 30 player rosters of 67 Big Men and Buzzball Figures. 

In the past it was not uncommon to mix players of several different size, type and manufacturer to create teams.

With today's technology of being able to 3D print electric football figures, it is possible to create teams with all kinds of different sizes and more realistic individualized poses. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 8:08 AM, nefgm.org said:

Personally, I like to keep my teams all one size and type of figure. Either Hati Repro or 67 Big Men. but then I also only use 11-player "ironman" squads for my solitaire teams. The only time I have mixed figures and used different sizes together have been for the league and tournament teams that I have created with 30 player rosters of 67 Big Men and Buzzball Figures. 

In the past it was not uncommon to mix players of several different size, type and manufacturer to create teams.

With today's technology of being able to 3D print electric football figures, it is possible to create teams with all kinds of different sizes and more realistic individualized poses. 

Yeah, I guess it's just one more detail in the aesthetic part of the game. My only concern was that the 67 Big Men might be too much for Haiti repro when they come into contact say when a RB is lead blocking against and end. But it's the base that matters right? The size of the figure shouldn't be a factor correct?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHen said:

Yeah, I guess it's just one more detail in the aesthetic part of the game. My only concern was that the 67 Big Men might be too much for Haiti repro when they come into contact say when a RB is lead blocking against and end. But it's the base that matters right? The size of the figure shouldn't be a factor correct?

In my opinion, the base is the most important part of an electric football "player" (figure and base combo). The size of the figure can be an overall contributor to the weight of the player, but the base is what gives the player his individual characteristics of speed, strength and directional movement. The pose of the figure may or may not be beneficial to the performance of the player. For example, the RB figures and the wide arm TE/QB figures are notorious for locking arms and creating the "spinning around in circles" reference that has plagued the game for so long and the blocking Guard figure is often limited to just always being a blocker and is often never allowed to be a ball carrier, eligible receiver or even allowed to be lined up in an offensive backfield position. Sorry, but that just ain't real football and one of the many things that should be allowed that is now often banned in the game.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

In my opinion, the base is the most important part of an electric football "player" (figure and base combo). The size of the figure can be an overall contributor to the weight of the player, but the base is what gives the player his individual characteristics of speed, strength and directional movement. 

That's good to know Coach Chris. My goal was simply to have a more aesthetically pleasing look by having the lineman be larger....

Do you know of any figures like ITZ or Beenutt figures that could potentially be "mid-sized" so they could serve as Tight ends, fullbacks and linebackers while the Haiti Repro figures fit in the lineup at the skill positions (i.e. DB's, QB's, HB's and WR's)? I can't tell on the computer if those ITZ  and Beenutt figures are as big as the 67 Big men or not...

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 9:26 AM, BlueHen said:

The size of the figure shouldn't be a factor correct?

This may sound ludicrous...

I use to buy the Big Men thinking they would work better as tackles, tight ends, and defensive ends. 🤔

Nope. Those smaller figures out muscle the bigger guys.

So I trade bases thinking, it's the base that's stronger...

Nope. The smaller plastic figure wins again.

It's enough to drive an EF coach crazy. 😵‍💫

Short journey for me.   T43.  😵‍💫🏈♾️

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

This may sound ludicrous...

I use to buy the Big Men thinking they would work better as tackles, tight ends, and defensive ends. 🤔

So I trade bases thinking, it's the base that's stronger...

Nope. The smaller plastic figure wins again.

It's enough to drive an EF coach crazy. 😵‍💫

Short journey for me.   T43.  😵‍💫🏈♾️

Interesting Coach. That was exactly what I was trying to determine before instructing my painter to order those figures. You've saved the day! 🤝🏆

Would you say the same thing about the ITZ figures which are a little larger than the Haiti Repro figures?

Edited by BlueHen
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueHen said:

ITZ figures which are a little larger

In my opinion the ITZ figures are intended for display. The figures have remarkable detail. Absolutely remarkable. When painted and decked out in water-slide numbers and trim they are the best in realism. However, I don't have any ITZ players on any of my teams. You may wish to order a few players and see if they improve your teams. Discovery is all part of the journey.

13 hours ago, BlueHen said:

what about the Beenutt figures?

Coach Collins likes the painted teams that use Beenutt figures so I would ask him. I believe he intends to buy more Beenutt figures.

I tend to agree with the Long Island Electric Football League when it comes to figures. I believe the 1967 big men are the best. That said, I haven't made a point of collecting 1967 Big Men like the LIEFL or CAPanther. 

I've had good luck with integrating the Mean Thirteen and the Proline figures in to my teams. Two Proline figures are on my Shamrock Bay Team and the All-World Center / Middle Linebacker for the Quick and the Dead is a Mean Thirteen figure.

I believe the Buzzball figures are good also, except at wide receiver. 

Discover is all part of the Journey. Enjoy the Journey    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Don't know if you guys are aware that the Tudor Proline Figures PLP-1 and PLP-2 were originally ITZ Figures. They were developed by the Klingbiels for Miggle Toys / Tudor Games in 2005 to go along with the whole Concept of Pro Line Bases and the New 620 Model Game Boards introduced in 2005. ITZ's original figures came on a sprue much like the Electric Gridiron (EG) Figures that Tudor continues to sell today. They were also making NFL team decals in the early 2000's, way before even Beenutt was doing it. 

The first time I ever became aware of the Klingbiels was when I met Daryl Kimbrell from Killen, AL. He was the first person I had the opportunity to meet and play electric football with, in 1998, right after I had gotten back into the game and hobby, after a near 25-year absence. He had some of those original ITZ custom figures and since I was planning to go to the 1999 MIggle Electric Football Convention and Super Bowl Tournament, in Philadelphia, that next January, he wanted me to get him some more of their figures. That was where I first met Mark and Bill and got to know them. 

Besides being the winners of the First Annual Tudor Super Bowl of Electric Football, in 1995, the Klingbeils have probably had the most influence on the game and hobby more than anyone else since Lee Payne began working for Tudor in the early 1960's and improving the technology and developing the new products that Tudor began selling in 1962, with the development of Tudor's Sports Classic Electric Games and then in 1967 with their NFL line of Games, Teams and other products.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Terry43 said:

6 hours ago, Terry43 said:

I tend to agree with the Long Island Electric Football League when it comes to figures. I believe the 1967 big men are the best.

Coach Terry, I'm not sure what you mean....

On the one hand you're saying you didn't like them because they got outmuscled by the Haiti Repro, but on the other it seems like you're suggesting that 67 big men are the best.

Did I misunderstand? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nefgm.org said:

Don't know if you guys are aware that the Tudor Proline Figures PLP-1 and PLP-2 were originally ITZ Figures. They were developed by the Klingbiels for Miggle Toys / Tudor Games in 2005 to go along with the whole Concept of Pro Line Bases and the New 620 Model Game Boards introduced in 2005. ITZ's original figures came on a sprue much like the Electric Gridiron (EG) Figures that Tudor continues to sell today. They were also making NFL team decals in the early 2000's, way before even Beenutt was doing it. 

The first time I ever became aware of the Klingbiels was when I met Daryl Kimbrell from Killen, AL. He was the first person I had the opportunity to meet and play electric football with, in 1998, right after I had gotten back into the game and hobby, after a near 25-year absence. He had some of those original ITZ custom figures and since I was planning to go to the 1999 MIggle Electric Football Convention and Super Bowl Tournament, in Philadelphia, that next January, he wanted me to get him some more of their figures. That was where I first met Mark and Bill and got to know them. 

Besides being the winners of the First Annual Tudor Super Bowl of Electric Football, in 1995, the Klingbeils have probably had the most influence on the game and hobby more than anyone else since Lee Payne began working for Tudor in the early 1960's and improving the technology and developing the new products that Tudor began selling in 1962, with the development of Tudor's Sports Classic Electric Games and then in 1967 with their NFL line of Games, Teams and other products.    

Fascinating! Coach, I feel like with all this background info. and knowledge you could open up a museum of sorts. Oh wait...

Edited by BlueHen
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BlueHen said:

On the one hand you're saying you didn't like them because they got outmuscled by the Haiti Repro, but on the other it seems like you're suggesting that 67 big men are the best.

I agree, it is conflicted. 🤔

Let me start by explaining that the very best plastic figures are the pawns from a game of chess. The pawn is centered, balanced, and not top heavy. It's even aerodynamic. ♟️

However, in a table top game of football there is an understandable desire to have the pawns look like football players. Realistic poses, helmets, pads, face masks, chin straps, shoelaces, etc. all help with the Theater of the Mind. The Tournament of Champions rulebook even states: "Figures are the playing pieces in miniature football. They consist of the human form and the platform that the human form is permanently affixed on... subpoint F. All figures must be proportional to human scale with a head, torso, 2 arms, and 2 legs." 🧑‍🤝‍🧑   No dogs 🐕 or cats 🐈‍⬛ in the Tournament of Champions. And definitely no pawns. ♟️

Many companies take realism to the absolute maximum and I'm happy for them.

I'd prefer something that is functional like the chess pawn and at the same time gives a nod to realism. I think the 1967 Big Men do that. Plus, the 1967 Big Men have a touch of history that printed figures won't have for another 50 years.

Enjoy the Journey    T43.  🏈♾️ 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

I agree, it is conflicted. 🤔

Nothing unique there Coach T. There's a thing called life, but I digress...

No dogs 🐕 or cats 🐈‍⬛ in the Tournament of Champions. And definitely no pawns. ♟️

Wait what? What if my left tackle wants to identify as a dog? 🤣 Oh, never mind...

I'd prefer something that is functional like the chess pawn and at the same time gives a nod to realism. I think the 1967 Big Men do that. Plus, the 1967 Big Men have a touch of history that printed figures won't have for another 50 years.

Right on. One thing I was also looking at was how the chess pieces are different sizes. It's kind of reverse though in that the pawns are smaller and the rest (i.e. Rooks, Knights, Bishops, King and Queen) are larger. In the same way, I was hoping to make the O-line and D-line the 67 Big men until you mentioned they can get pushed around by the Haiti Repros. 

However, I think I'd like to try at least one team like that and see what happens. Mind you, I'm going to be weighting the bases like both Coach Chris and you discussed in the thread about base tweaking, etc. (I've already began weighing my bases to around 5 grams). Additionally, I have the Blitz bases from ITZ which may or may not be special compared to other bases....but the reason I went with them is because they have 3 categories: Power for lineman, Strength for Backers and TE's/FB's, and Speed for skilled position players. 

Hopefully, this combination will allow for the most realism. If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to share....🙏

• Like 1

Also, I think I understand another point of confusion. The weak 67 Big men that I was talking about are the  Electric Football 67 Big Men 11   that are offered on the Tudor web page. These are the cheap imitations.

I really like the original 1967 Big Men (from 1967) from 57 years ago. 

1 hour ago, BlueHen said:

However, I think I'd like to try at least one team like that and see what happens.

There you go! Explore, try, and learn. That's the real ticket.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1

So, on this rainy, blustery night in Alabama, I j finished a game, finished basing out my custom painted Beenutt Giants with blue Tudor Rookies and TTCs. I then proceeded to base my Beenutt Packers with ITZ Starter bases for the linemen and tweaked out ITZ Blitz bases for the backs and ends. The ITZ bases are going to take some getting used to, but I gotta tell you, that was fun! Those Starters are pretty darned good right out of the bag! I will be ordering more of those bad boys in the future! Blitzes are a bit more intense to tweak, but once you get one right, look out! This has been a very satisfying evening!

As for the Beenutt figures, every time I order a custom painted team, it will be on those! They look absolutely incredible! I even bought a carrying case for them, mainly because they’re 12 to a team with Beenutt teams. Now, that being said, I’m very happy to stick to the Fab Five with the Uni-Form kits and house them in the blister pack cases  Tudor sells four in a pack. 

Im checking daily to see when the painters catch up. I know I want the home Giants and the Steelers/Raiders to trick out in Immaculate Reception numbers. Past that, we shall see. I just ordered the Texans Home Uni-Form set. Ryans their coach is from the Tide, so I’m pulling for them to do well in the playoffs.

Journey On!

• Like 3