Say it isn’t so

Jay

I was on the website and noticed that NFL teams are available. That’s the good news. Where do I start with this. First of all respectfully and in my opinion, I hope that this is just a option and that the real painted teams are in the works. First of all, the teams will be dressed up with the water slide decal sets that didn’t go over well with some folks, some of the decal sets, like the Browns were created a few years back when the Browns were wearing those terrible uniforms. Thank goodness they switched back to their original uniforms. It looks like a way of getting rid of the inventory of decal sets. It will cost $25 a pop. Not including numbers. This makes me feel misled in the way I felt when the big announcement about the College teams being available only to find out it’s old Miggle toys college teams from the 90’s. Also, Beenutt figures going forward? That’s the figures pictured in the photos. Hopefully the figures that I grew to love aren’t phased out. Most of us are long time EFL enthusiasts and a change in the figures would be a sad thing for me. Beenutt figures should be a option not the mainstay. But again, maybe this is a temporary thing to get rid of what is probably a huge amount of water slide decal sets. Finally, the wait time is 2-3 weeks for delivery. I order in bulk so would it take even longer? Is the shipping time for ordering 1 team the same as if I ordered 10? Plus with all of y’all putting in orders I don’t see it being a smooth ordering and receiving process. Some clarity would be awesome and appreciated. 

• Like 1

I looked at the listing and unless I’m mistaken, Beenut figures plus decals plus custom painting service equals $51.95 per team. I could be wrong. It’s Friday, so there should be some communication. I looked at the Cowboys’ listing and without much delving into it, light jersey figures were more than dark.

Thing is, we don’t know anything until we’re told, and  how this is going to go is anyone’s guess. Dylan was right. The times they are a changing.

Journey On.

• Like 1

So, I checked several teams out. Looks to me to be an option. $51.95 is a bargain compared to others who do custom painted teams. The custom service includes painting, and decal application. Personally, I would like the option of substituting regular "Fab5" figures. 

Edited by nefgm.org

Excellent progression Coach T.! Are the second set Gotham figures? They remind me of superheroes. The Phantom, maybe.

Ok. Being real here. I know I am going to order ONE of the custom painted Beenut teams, just to say I have one. I am going to use 2 D6s and pair off all teams, minus the Panthers, Titans, Texans, and Jaguars. That leaves me with all the teams in my wheelhouse along with the Ravens. However it falls, that will be the team I order. 
so let the games begin!

Journey On!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

Are the second set Gotham figures?

Coleco figures and bases from the early 1970's. I think.

I like them because they have interchangeable bottoms and tops. It is a breakout idea. Unfortunately the idea died with Coleco.

I am going to use 2 D6s and pair off all teams

So the teams would be the Colts, Eagles, Cardinals, Browns, Seahawks, and Packers?

So theoretically,

1 - 2 = Colts

3 - 4 = Eagles

5 - 6 = Cardinals

7 - 8 = Browns

9 - 10 = Seahawks

11 - 12 = Packers

Or something like that. If you wish, do a Google search of the rules to the dice game Craps. It will be interesting to see if your draft dice-throws line up with what you would expect in Vegas. I don't know. I just know double sixs are suppose to be very rare.

ONE of the custom painted Beenut teams,

I think you will be impressed. If Bryan's son is painting the team you will be really impressed. I've seen pictures on Facebook. You can go on the electric football Facebook page without having an account. I don't have an account.

Enjoy the Journey  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1

I seriously hope to be blown away. The Packers are my wife’s team. In the end, it came down to the Eagles and the Packers. I was pleased with the results. There are some teams,(Patriots, Buccaneers, ect.) that I would have been disappointed had they come out on top, but I was resolute that the process will out. 
I am hoping to win on eBay in a couple days. I want That Washington team, but now that I’ve shot mad money, I can’t raise my bid over a certain amount. We’ll see how it shakes out.

Journey On!

• Like 1